“Great hotel... surprisingly child friendly”

Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago
Ranked #26 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston
“Great hotel... surprisingly child friendly”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights while in town for a wedding and had a wonderful stay. We were travelling with our 7 month old son and the staff could not have been more accommodating. At check in they offered us the use of a crib, humidifier, and diaper pail. We only used the diaper pail, and it was great to have. They also gave our son a cute plush toy which he enjoyed playing with and there were even baby biscuits on the table when we got into the room. The room (we stayed in a deluxe king river view suite) was wonderful. The bedroom had a dressing room (which is where we set up the travel crib), and a huge and lovely bathroom. Having all of this space separate from the living room was perfect with the baby. Once we put him to sleep we could stay in the living room and not disturb him. We also weren't climbing over the crib when we tried to go to bed because it was in the dressing room where there was plenty of space.

Off the living room there was an additional bathroom which was nice when we had a few family members come by to see the baby. The living room comfortably held a few visitors and us. Having the full kitchen (with dishwasher) was invaluable with the baby for washing bottles and whatnot. And finally... the view was amazing. We looked right down the river and out to the Lake.

We were also incredibly pleased with the service. We had some problems with our stroller over the weekend and the hotel quickly brought us a screw driver so we could fix it. We felt the staff were friendly and attentive, but not too formal. We used a number of cabs over the weekend and they were very helpful with getting cabs and went out of their way helping to get the stroller into the trunk, etc. The room service menu was extensive and delivery was prompt. My husband also had a suit pressed and some shoes shined while we were there. Both were picked up very quickly and returned on time as promised.

We had a truly enjoyable stay and will be back if we ever find ourselves in Chicago again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

I was pleased to read you found your family's recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago as child-friendly and accommodating. Thank you for taking the time to recommend our hotel on Trip Advisor and for sharing your favorite features and amenities that made your visit comfortable and your experience enjoyable.
I truly look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the near future.

Vice President, Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (650)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Teaneck, NJ
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Location, perfect. Room, perfect. (Use Platinum Am Ex to secure great upgrade---you won't want to check out.) Service, perfect. Food, perfect. Spa, perfect. Terrace view, beyond perfect. Incredible lovely happy summer weekend with husband!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago for your recent visit to Chicago. I was so pleased to read you regard every aspect of your stay as perfect and that you enjoyed a lovely summer weekend with your husband. We look forward to welcoming you both back in the near future.

Evian-les-Bains, France
Reviewed April 9, 2014

stayed for a 2 night business trip and I was quite frankly dissapointed with the hotel. The staff treat you in an automatic way - like reading from a form book rather than being personalised...
The hotel for me had no soul - there was no feeling - bland.
The room was like this - very corporate but nevertheless quite functional.
The service however, left a lot to be desired. First was the valet parking - I was breakfasting in the restaurant and went to ask the valet to get my car ready for in about 10 minutes. I was gently stopped by a breakfast staff member who kindly offered to do this for me so I went back to my breakfast. I went downstairs 10 minutes later and my car was not waiting so I asked the valet who had no record of the request so I requested it again. After 15 minutes waiting I asked again and they said that it would be with me within 5 minutes. Another 10 minutes later the car arrived - i.e. 35 minutes from the initial request to arrival - I suspect a lack of communication internally relating to a terrible service and running late for my appointments.
Secondly the second morning I went down to breakfast and was told that the breakfast room was full and had been privatised and that there was not an alternative available. I was a client in this hotel and could not have breakfast! After politely telling them that they had better find an arrangment for not only myself but plenty of other guests in the same situation the restaurant manager came out and explained that we could, just this once, sit in an adjacent area where we could have breakfast. Perfect - just what I wanted but why not communicate this to your team!

So lack of communication in two areas that portrays and deliverd a bad service experience to me the end user.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank manil0u
Trooper, PA
Reviewed April 8, 2014

As I get ready to book a stay at Trump Tower in Toronto, it's reminded me to write a long belated review of our fabulous stay at Trump Chicago last May. When I called the hotel to book our Chicago trip, they asked what the occasion was and I told them that we were bringing our then six-year-old son on vacation to see a Blackhawks game (which they apparently made note of). From the moment we arrived, our son was made to feel special with all the little perks and gifts they give kids. We were upgraded to a beautiful water-view room and not only was there a giant happy face cookie and big glass of milk waiting for my son in the mini-fridge, there was also a spectacular plate of gourmet chocolates with an amazing sugar disk with a Blackhawks logo in the center of the plate. It was great. There was no detail overlooked, and we all loved every moment of our stay. In particular, my son loved going down to the lobby every night to borrow movies from the concierge, wearing his kid-sized bathrobe to the awesome pool, and getting room service. Trump Tower truly lived up to its reputation as having the best customer service of any hotel. We have since taken our son to stay at Animal Kingdom in Disney World. When I asked my animal-loving son what his favorite vacation was (fully expecting him to say Disney), he told me that Chicago was his best vacation ever and he'd like to go back there one hundred times. I have to say that I concur. Every parent wants their child to have happy memories, and our stay at Trump Tower helped create one of my sons happiest.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MJ S
Dear Guest,

I was so happy to read you and your family enjoyed your experience at Trump International Hotel and Tower last May. Thank you for sharing your feedback of your son's experience on Trip Advisor and for your kind appraisal of our team's efforts to ensure your stay was comfortable and memorable. I look forward to welcoming your return in the near future.

Long Island, NY
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I was very pleased. The first stay was it was brand new. I had a room spa room. ..It's heaven. The 2nd stay was a bit off with the lighting and some small things. But this visit was really superb.
I had a 24th floor room with a great view and a full kitchen.
Here are some tips...
Make sure to get the evening service. The fish on the TV, will relax you. Don't miss the sauna and steam on the spa. The pool as well. Take it all in ..and you will find that you want to return...
There is a new chef and she is great. She and staff handle my Glutin-free required and vegan for another

Room Tip: I can't imaging getting any bad rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank CeliacTraveler
Dear Guest,

Thank you choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for your ongoing loyalty to our hotel. It is certainly pleasing to learn you have enjoyed your visits and that you look forward to returning. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Montgomery,Alabama
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Modern, spacious, professionally attentive hotel. We enjoyed our 900 square foot window with terrific view. Extremely well located. Walking distance to shopping and great restaurants.
We will most definitely stay here again on future trips.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Diamond_Guy1
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I appreciate you taking the time to share your kind feedback of your recent stay and I was pleased to read you enjoyed the views and location. I look forward to welcoming your return in the near future.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Trump's reputation isn't lost at this beautiful venue. Upon arrival, the top-notch valets take the car and bellhops handled the luggage while directing us to the lobby. Upon check-in, we were given warm towels scented with lavender so that we could cleanse our hands and refresh. We were escorted to our room and were in awe of the view - city lights, the river, and the lake. Although there are options of sheer and room darkening drapes, we elected to fall asleep to the twinkling city lights. Unlike many other venues, Trump's guestrooms are much quieter. We heard very little of the sirens and traffic. So many nice touches in the room - nespresso machine, pillow menu that we could order the type of pillow we wished to use for the night, even a doorbell who's light we could switch to green (service please) to red (privacy please). For breakfast we dined at 16 - a beautiful spot on the 16th floor. Food and service were both excellent. When we got back in our car for the ride home, we were pleased to see two bottles of "Trump water" waiting for us. Just another great touch.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Milwaukeetraveler-dj
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am happy to read you enjoyed your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. Thank you for your kind appraisal of our team and facilities and for sharing your favorite features on Trip Advisor. I was very pleased to read you found the rooms to be quiet so that you were able to relax and enjoy the view. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.