Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Frankfort, Illinois
“WOW”
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

This place is AMAZING!! Checked in today for a weekend staycation. Veronica was the nicest host. Celebrating my sons birthday! Veronica couldn't have been any nicer!! Upgraded the room for him! Service is unbelievable. Great view down the very frozen Chicago river. Will definitely come back!! Thank you Veronica!! Love the Trump

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank zericz
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to read your feedback regarding your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. Thank you sincerely for commending Veronica and our service team in this regard. Your kind recognition will be very well received. I look forward to welcoming your return in the near future.

Vice President, Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (650)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Tema, Ghana
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

If you're in Chicago, you NEED to visit the trump hotel! We had a wonderful time there. The views from our hotel room were breathtakingly gorgeous! We were spoiled with a huge suite and will highly recommend anyone to make that upgrade on their visit. It's well worth it!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for reviewing your experience on Trip Advisor. I am happy to read you enjoyed the view and luxuries of your room. We look forward to welcoming your return in the near future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I stayed at the Trump before. It was amazing. Well.. until today. As soon as I found out I was going to Chicago for 4 days, I called Amex to find a hotel. Few different hotels, different prices - from $295 a night (Park Hyatt), $349 (Four Season) to the most expensive - Trump $425 a night. All hotels had the third night free. During the conversation with the Amex Platinum representative, I got another option: Trump for $395 a night. Because I did not have any idea what kind of room I can get for that money, and I wanted to have 2 bathrooms, before I made a reservation, I had decided to call Trump the the info from the source. Friday, around 11 am, I am talking to the reservation department where a nice and professional gentleman explained how it was going to work: if you book the deluxe king room for $425 we will upgrade you to a suite and you will have 2 bathrooms. The cheaper room ($395) has just one bathroom, so if you are looking for 2 baths, you have to get the more expensive one. Great. That's what I did.
Few hours later I am coming to Chicago, going to the Trump, where a nice lady tells me that I can get a suite if I pay extra. Hold on - I personally called in the morning, you explained to me how it was going to work and now I am getting a room for $425 exactly the same like I would get in the Park Hyatt for $295 ? Why didn't you tell me from the beginning you have no suites available ? I specifically wanted 2 bathrooms and I would have never made any reservation at the Trump if I had known there would be no suits available.
Now, for $425 a night you DO NOT have bathrobes in the bathroom! They are only upon request.. Is this a joke?

My advice: stay away from Trump. You can get similar rooms $130 cheaper in the Park Hyatt. And, Park Hyatt is located in a better area - closer to Saks, American Girl and other fancy stores on Michigan Ave. So you don't lose anything, you actually win - you save money.
The worst, however, is the feeling that I was cheated.

Room Tip: If you want to get a nice room and save money - choose a different hotel. You will get similar room...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Violetta A
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to bring your feedback to our attention. I am grateful our manager on duty had the opportunity to speak with you in person to better understand your experience. I would also like to extend my sincere apologies for the miscommunication on our part and that you were left to feel disappointed in any way. I am pleased to have learned that the inconvenience did not ruin your stay with us and I look forward to the opportunity to welcome your return so that we may show you the level of service we strive to provide every guest. Per the letter you received, I welcome you to contact our Executive Office Manager, Julie Bridgeman, when you would like to take coordinate your next stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago.

Gladstone, Michigan
Reviewed February 27, 2014

My husband had a seminar in Chicago and his company reserved a room for him at the Trump. This review is from my stay there which was quite some time ago...back in 2011. But it made quite an impression and it deserves a review.

From check in to check out, the experience was superb! This is simply the classiest and most luxurious hotel I have ever stayed in. They had a crib with luxury sheets brought into our room for our son. They also gifted him with a 'welcome pack' containing a stuffed animal, personalized name cards, a 'Trump Kid's booklet. They also provided us with a diaper genie which the housekeeping staffed changed twice daily. When I took my son through the lobby, the staff would smile and greet him by name, "Master Robbie." This made quite an impression on him.

The rooms were beautiful and the beds were SO comfortable! The bathrooms were amazing! I dream about building my own home and replicating their shower/tub combination. I cannot due it justice in describing it other than to say, you step into the shower and it is a tub IN it.

The food is incredible as well. My son and I enjoyed wonderful breakfast daily while my husband was in meetings. We would then proceed down to the lobby and out the door so I could walk it off.

Our room was higher up so we had a wonderful view. It was amazing!

If my husband and I ever have a reason to stay in Chicago again, I would stay here again in a heartbeat! I would recommend it for a romantic get-away! Granted, we brought our son....but next time...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback of your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. It is very pleasing to read that our efforts to ensure your little one was comfortable are so warmly acknowledged and that you and your family enjoyed your experience. I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Durham, NC
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Everything here is first class. The staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are lovely and the food is really special (we had dinner at Sixteen where the tasting menu was based on the Chicago subway system so we had a history lesson with dinner- quite unique and delicious). I have visited this hotel twice now and will return next year when I'm back in Chicago!

Room Tip: If you will be visiting the spa, ask for the spa floor so there is no need to ride the elevator in y...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for returning to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and taking the time to share your experience. I am happy to read you enjoyed your room and our new tasting menu at Sixteen. I certainly look forward to welcoming your next stay when you are in Chicago again.

Suburban Chicago
Reviewed February 25, 2014

My husband and I spent a night downtown for our anniversary in late February. The Trump was worth every cent (and we paid a lot of them.) Seriously, I highly recommend staying here for a special occasion evening - so amazing! The food, the view, the service get highest marks. It is truly worth the expense and every time you drive into the city you will look over at your significant other and smile, "There's the Trump..remember that great stay?!"

Room Tip: I can't imagine there is a "bad" room there.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent anniversary celebration at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. We are honored to have been part of your special occasion and I am so pleased to read you enjoyed your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Winnetka, Illinois
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at many 4 and 5 star hotels with our children and consistently bemoan the fact that true luxury hotels are dead. Not the case this time. We took a weekend trip to the Trump Chicago and could not be happier with the experience. We got a great deal on a suite, but even at full price it would have been well worth the price. While we usually feel alienated at luxury hotels with our several small children, we felt truly welcomed by the service team at the Trump. If only Trump Miami could rise to the same level of service. We will not consider returning to the Ritz or Four Seasons now that we have experienced Trump Chicago. Only complaint is the hefty price for parking. I should have checked and used my nearby work parking lot instead, but that is my bad not theirs.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Louis H
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to read you felt welcome bringing your family to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to share your feedback of your experience. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.