“Fabulous…with a few bumps”

Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago
Ranked #30 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Charleston, South Carolina
“Fabulous…with a few bumps”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We just returned from a weekend stay for a wedding in the hotel. We live in the area and had been to the restaurant (Sixteen) and the bars before, but this was our first stay in the hotel. The king room was very large with a kitchen area supplied with refrigerator, microwave, stovetop, dishes, nespresso coffee machine with complimentary capsules and a nicely stocked bar/snack basket. The bed was very, very comfortable. Great sleeping. The room also had a sofa, cocktail table chair and desk (which was filled with basic office supplies). The floor to ceiling window looking out over the city was covered by electric blackout curtains. This was one of our bumps. On the second day the curtains broke and we were unable to open them. They sent someone to repair them, but apparently they would not be easily fixed. The bathroom was large with a great walk in tub and shower area. What was odd was the size of the room and the lack of counter/storage space. A little frustrating for two people. They could use shelving of some kind. Our other bump was the toilet which continually ran. We repeatedly had to reach in to fix it. We did tell the room attendant, but she seemed to not take note. The wedding we attended was flawless. The food was wonderful and the service impeccable. Kudos to Michelle the wedding planner. She was a consummate professional. The next morning we met for breakfast in Sixteen and service was in truth poor. It took forever for someone to come to the table, coffee was spilled without apology, silverware was missing and refills were very hard to come by. I have never had an experience like this there before, It was surprising. The Christmas decor is gorgeous and the decorated elevator complete with fireplace was so charming. All in all this is a wonderful upscale hotel…with a few bumps.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jaluca04
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. I am happy to learn of the features in your room that made you feel welcome and comfortable. In addition, I am very pleased to read your appraisal and recognition of Michelle and her team in regards to executing a flawless event.
I am of course concerned of the items that left you to feel disappointed with your stay, however, and I would like to extend my sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I truly appreciate your feedback and will most certainly take your comments onboard as opportunity for improvement in both our facilities and in the service we provide our guests. Again, I thank you for bringing these items to our attention and I hope you will allow us the occasion to restore your confidence in our hotel in the near future.

Vice President, Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (661)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

This hotel feels like a condo instead of a hotel. Floor to ceiling windows. High ceilings. Elegant and spacious. Room very clean. Spa-like bathroom. convenient location to shopping and restaurants yet just enough away you don't hear the sirens all night from ambulances. 27th floor has views of river as well as lake.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WindyCity12345
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am happy to read you regard your experience at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago as feeling more like a condo than a hotel as we want to ensure you are relaxed with the comforts of home. Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor. We truly look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago in the near future.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Went for a weekend for a Monday meeting; so glad I did. I was greeted with an upgrade to a 'spa room'. No idea what that meant, but it sounded great. Then was offered warm, scented cloth with orchid to wipe my hands. Check-in was fast and efficient. Always key no matter where I stay.
Then Gabe (this guy knows everything about the hotel and the city - seriously he's a wealth of info and I welcomed his knowledge) took my luggage, explained the layout, how to access floors, explained various sets of elevators all while in route to my 'spa' room. He set the temperature, opened the electric curtains, explained the orientation outside, suggested that due to the winter parade going on and the cold it might be best to view the parade from the hotel lounge (and he was so right). The room overlooked a fantastic view of the city and yet I couldn't hear any traffic or ambulances that I seen driving by (bonus). The room was nicely appointed, very calm and Zen. I appreciated the size of the room, plenty of floor space, desk , wifi, space to work and lounge in the mini living room made a huge difference in my mindset. The bed was wonderful, slept like a baby. The bathroom was huge, a oversized sunken tub, additions of bath scrubs, lotions, loofah, and candles was a nice touch. I didn't use the TV in the bath mirror, as I didn't want to disrupt the 'Zen' I was feeling, I just stuck with the Bose sound system for tunes. But again plenty of room to spread everything out on the counter w/o feeling cluttered. As I explored my room, I discovered a UV towel warmer in my closet which contained scented eye mask and shoulder wrap. How did I ever live w/o these until now? Nice addition. Plush bathrobes also a nice touch. The room also comes with an espresso machine which was somewhat complicated to operate. I would have preferred the standard Keurig type machine for ease in operation in the mornings vs. attempting engineering feats at 7:00 a.m.
The location is great, I could easily walk to some great restaurants outside the hotel (even in the cold); although I could have easily stayed inside the entire time in my cocoon of a room.
I was very pleased with the service as well, the entire staff was friendly and courteous - which is not always the case.
I appreciated the amenities and would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: 14th floor was quiet and the spa rooms are lovely. Due to the location and view of the river appare...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post a detailed review of your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I am happy to read you enjoyed so many aspects of your experience as it is our honor to ensure you have a memorable and relaxing visit. Thank you also for commending Gabe and our service team in this regard. We certainly look forward to welcoming your return in the near future.

Atlanta
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

World class hotel. Amenities abound, towel at check in, papers, spa rooms has neck warmer. Beautiful spacious rooms. Excellent service. Top notch gym, great location. Restaurant had exceptional food with stellar views. Would absolutely put on Chicago top 5 list.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BJAJDA
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind feedback of your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I truly appreciate your appraisal of our facilities and service and for sharing several of your favorite amenities on Trip Advisor. I am very pleased to read you also enjoyed your experience at Sixteen and I hope to welcome you back in the very near future.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This trip was a total splurge for us. We brought our children along to experience Chicago. The Trump was impressive as the reviews suggest. Our room was massive with electric curtains revealing an 80 degree view of the river to Lake Michigan. The service was simply an orchestra directed seamlessly from the warm towel at check-in to the sofa bed being made for the kids with precision timing. We were on the 23rd floor and could still hear the noise of the city so consider a high room. The restaurant, Sixteen, served a tasty breakfast (no wait!).

My favorite aspect was the free wifi/gym access (incredible hotel gym). I have stayed in luxurious properties more expensive than Trump that nickled and dimed for gym access and wifi. Finally, a hotel willing to include these services. Bravo, Mr. Trump!

Only complaint would be the lack of a lobby quick bite restaurant. (The lobby is quite small considering the size of the hotel.)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank chestpain
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago for your family's visit to Chicago. I am pleased to read you enjoyed the convenience of the fitness center, the views of your room, and breakfast at Sixteen as we make every effort to ensure your stay is comfortable and your needs are anticipated. In addition, thank you for your kind comments regarding our service team. I certainly hope to welcome your return in the near future.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I'm at the trump as I write this review. Stayed in a Deluxe king room instead of our normal king suite. Brought the kids down for the light festival and parade. We had a room with a great view.. Loved it..that was good great part of our stay... Now for the not so good part. Missing cookies and milk for the kids..asked serval times and they only gave us one cookie and milk. Had two kids and an infant. Requested the sofa bed to be setup..took 1hr and 30min after calling house keeping 3 times! kids couldn't go to bed until 10:30 after a long day..last but least a dirty plate in the cabinet and finger spots on the closet doors and room door.. The Trump is getting too busy and service is slipping. I stay here probably 3 times a year so I know when service is off.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Holli W
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Further to your recent conversation with our Director of Rooms, I would like to thank you for taking the time to bring your feedback to our attention. I am grateful my colleague had the opportunity to speak with you and better understand your experience. I would like to extend my sincerest apologies if you were left to feel disappointed in any way after your stay with us. We look forward to the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel and welcome you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago in the near future.

Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed November 24, 2013

A great high end Chicago hotel. Excellent location with easy access to Michigan Avenue, River North, and the Loop. We stayed a weekend for our wedding anniversary and upgraded to a suite with river view. Beautiful room and with a wonderful view. Staff was very professional. The suites are nice with a second bathroom and a full kitchen.

My only critique is that there are a few details that seem like they weren't thought through fully in the room design. For example, the full length mirror in the dressing area is nice, but there is no light by it so you are looking at yourself in a shadow. The actual storage area in the main bathroom is limited, a shelf underneath the counter would have helped a lot. And there is not a button by the bed to allow you to control the curtains. These are minor details that I have seen other high end hotels think through more carefully. But it is still one of the best hotels in Chicago.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for taking the time to share your experience. We are honored to have hosted your wedding anniversary celebration and I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay. I sincerely appreciate your notes regarding our team's professionalism.
In addition, thank you for your suggestions and constructive comments as we welcome such feedback as an opportunity to review and improve our services and facilities. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience these items may have caused you, but I am happy to read you still regard our hotel to be of the best in Chicago. We look forward to welcoming your return in the near future.