We just returned from a weekend stay for a wedding in the hotel. We live in the area and had been to the restaurant (Sixteen) and the bars before, but this was our first stay in the hotel. The king room was very large with a kitchen area supplied with refrigerator, microwave, stovetop, dishes, nespresso coffee machine with complimentary capsules and a nicely stocked bar/snack basket. The bed was very, very comfortable. Great sleeping. The room also had a sofa, cocktail table chair and desk (which was filled with basic office supplies). The floor to ceiling window looking out over the city was covered by electric blackout curtains. This was one of our bumps. On the second day the curtains broke and we were unable to open them. They sent someone to repair them, but apparently they would not be easily fixed. The bathroom was large with a great walk in tub and shower area. What was odd was the size of the room and the lack of counter/storage space. A little frustrating for two people. They could use shelving of some kind. Our other bump was the toilet which continually ran. We repeatedly had to reach in to fix it. We did tell the room attendant, but she seemed to not take note. The wedding we attended was flawless. The food was wonderful and the service impeccable. Kudos to Michelle the wedding planner. She was a consummate professional. The next morning we met for breakfast in Sixteen and service was in truth poor. It took forever for someone to come to the table, coffee was spilled without apology, silverware was missing and refills were very hard to come by. I have never had an experience like this there before, It was surprising. The Christmas decor is gorgeous and the decorated elevator complete with fireplace was so charming. All in all this is a wonderful upscale hotel…with a few bumps.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Poised along the Chicago River at the juncture of the Loop and North Michigan Avenue, Trump International Hotel & Tower® Chicago is downtown’s most enviable address. The Chicago boutique hotel joins a list of landmarks, including the Magnificent Mile, Chicago River and Millennium Park. Soaring 92 stories, the structure of polished stainless steel and iridescent-tinted glass is a showcase of bold style and engaging design. Inside this luxurious hotel, impeccable style and spectacular four star services define the experience. Guests will enjoy a higher level of luxury with unrivalled hospitality and detail-oriented amenities, including personal attaché service. 339 graciously appointed guestrooms and suites await, with custom designed furnishings, floor-to-ceiling windows and fully equipped kitchens. Our signature, Michelin rated restaurant, Sixteen, features elegant, modern-American cuisine, complemented by sweeping lake, river, and city views. For an important occasion, the sophisticated surroundings of the Grand Ballroom or Conference Rooms will offer the perfect venue to make a lasting impression. The 23,000 sq. ft. Spa at Trump features an array of four star services with treatment rooms and spa hotel suites overlooking the Chicago skyline. All within walking distance to the best of downtown Chicago, from the exclusive shops on Michigan Avenue to the historic sites along the Riverwalk. An icon of definitive luxurious style, the Trump Chicago Hotel® brings sophistication and elegance to the heart of Chicagoland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trump International Hotel And Tower Chicago
- Trump International Hotel Chicago
- Trump International Chicago