“Beautiful room, didn't want to leave it!”

Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago
Ranked #29 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto
“Beautiful room, didn't want to leave it!”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I realize that this review is a bit late but thought I’d post it anyway since I had a great stay at the Trump in January. Traveling for work, we received an excellent rate of only $200 per night. I stayed in a king spa-level room with a gorgeous view of the river -- likely the largest hotel room I have ever slept in!

In the wide entrance corridor was a beverage area with a Nespresso machine, tea, and stocked fridge. The room itself was huge...with a large sitting area (sofa and chair), and a spacious area in the middle of the room for those who wanted to take advantage of the yoga mat, hand weights, and exercise DVDs (not that I did!).

The closet was of a comfortable size, with ample hangers, an umbrella to borrow, and the convenience of a light that automatically turned on when the door opened. It took me a couple of days to figure out why there was a small towel heater inside – I eventually discovered that it was keeping a very comfortable neck pillow warm! This came in handy in the -15C weather!

The bathroom was also incredibly large. Double sinks, separate shower stall, separate toilet area, and a beautiful tub that I enjoyed – even though I’m one to take baths. But, when you can do so while watching the TV that’s discreetly embedded in the mirror, why not?! (My only complaint is that the tub sides were a bit too high.) Bathroom amenities were great. Robe, slippers, good hair dryer (not wall-mounted), shampoo, conditioner, excellent moisturizer and body butter, bath salts.

For turndown, a bathmat was laid out by the bed, along with water and an inspirational quote (kind of hokey, but a nice touch). The safe in my room wasn’t working, but it wasn’t a big deal so I didn’t ask anyone to look into it. Wifi was strong. Staff overall were very friendly. Conference food was surprisingly good.

I really enjoyed my stay, and would certainly consider returning the next time I’m in Chicago!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Moops
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a detailed review of your stay this past January at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. It is very pleasing to read you thoroughly enjoyed your Spa guestroom experience and that you found our team to be friendly.

I do hope you will be returning to visit us again in the near future; we certainly look forward to welcoming you.

Vice President, Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (648)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Shanghai, China
Reviewed August 15, 2013

i have stayed here many times for lack of better options in downtown chicago. The price ends up being around 600$ a night for a room in downtown chicago. The rooms are OK yet the spa and the gym are beautiful> They do have one room which is quite amazing with a river view and a giant window. This is the best room in the hotel and you need to request it. However i have stayed here a number of times and the staff is very friendly in a midwest kind of way. And the food is good but very pricy. The location is great for shopping as walking distance to nordstrum and all the chicago stores. I usually end up staying here only because there are so few options in downtown chicago as most other hotels are also very overpriced. A room on the spa level is a must and the room should be a river view. They have a few other nice touches in that they can transport you to shopping and around the area via a AUDI A8. However although the hotel ls nice and clean i still got a very sterile cold feeling while staying there.

Room Tip: choose a room on the spa level and facing the river. Ask for the room with the biggest window the co...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank brownmiester1
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay last year at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I am very pleased to learn you regard your room as amazing and found our team to be friendly. I am also happy to read you enjoyed your dining experience and that the location was convenient for your shopping plans in the city.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago in the near future.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stayed there for four nights. It was a pleasant experience. Staff were very friendly. Location was great, interior design was sleek and tasteful. Room was clean and everything was well in placed. It was very quiet during our stay and the air-condition was good, so we did get some quality sleep! Bed was very comfortable with aromatic pillows arranged in advanced. Bed linens were crisp and clean. Towels and bathrobes were very soft. Dressing table was a bonus. Water pressure was very good. Dined at Sixteen for breakfast for a few times, Natalie, the server was genuinely friendly and was eager to serve us. Breakfasts were the best we ever had!

Did check out the gym and swimming pool though I didn't make good use of it, they looked real good!

The only fault was that the house keeping kept forgetting leaving us the complimentary water and tea bags 4 out of 5 days (even I left a note with tips everyday!).

Though it was expensive, highly recommend it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Micahglory
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago for your recent stay with your family and for taking the time to post a review of your experience. I am happy to read you found your stay to be pleasant and comfortable. I appreciate your kind feedback regarding our spa facilities and for commending Natalie and our service team in this regard. Your recognition will be very well received.

I look forward to an opportunity to welcome your return in the near future.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Had an opportunity to visit the Trump in downtown Chicago the weekend after New Years. I live in Illinois and admit I am not a fan of the city proper. Pretty much everything you hear is true.. both good and bad. I have to admit I will be making plans to visit again next year. This place was flat out cool. It'll cost you, make no mistake. $25 bottled water. $30 chocolates. Its your option not to consume so no worries there. Totally first class from the get go. People were remarkably friendly and helpful. Never received the "snob" feeling. We were on the 18th floor facing east/northest and it was magnificent. The city really is beautiful. Easy walking distance to enough places that we didn't even use a cab although the hotel offers a driver if you need to go anywhere, a nice trump touch. No disrespect to the hotel restaurants but there is so much more outside of the hotel in terms of food and shopping, why stay in the building. We even walked Michigan Ave thanks to our mild, snow-lessJanuary. Fantastic weekend. If you can, limo it into the city because parking will kill you.
Note: I have ranked the value as average because, really, is a hotel room worth $300-$700 a night? Its just a personal splurge

Room Tip: The higher up the better, but really you cannot go wrong anywhere.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank CoachellaKing
Dear Guest,

Thank you taking the time to post a review of your stay in January at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I am pleased to read you are looking forward to making plans to visit our hotel again next year and that you enjoyed your experience. We certainly look forward to welcoming your return in the near future.

Franklin, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed August 14, 2013

From the time of check in you feel like VIP. This hotel is one of the best I have stayed at. They put us in a room on the spa level. Every amenity you could want is in your room. They have a towel warmer in the closet for these lavender filled neck rolls. There is a set of dumbbell weights, a yoga mat, a nesspresso machine . The bathroom is gorgeous. A tv in the mirror, a deep soaking tub, even has led candles around it. Separate shower stall. It's just
so beautiful. The bedding is even amazing. They have a pillow menu to choose from. The best part was the hotel has a fleet of escalades and fancy cars at your service. They will take you anywhere you want just ask! Cannot wait to go back here! It's a must stay if you go to Chicago! Love!

• Stayed May 2013
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay on Trip Advisor. I am happy to read you thoroughly enjoyed your room on the spa level and that you are looking forward to coming back; we certainly look forward to welcoming you.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Trump towers for one evening for our 10th anniversary. The check in was efficient and we were upgrade to a room on the Spa Level. Our room had a spectacular view of the Wrigley Building, the Tribune Tower, and the Chicago River/Lake Michigan. I could have looked at that view all day & night!! they had a turndown service and brought us complimentary chocolate covered strawberries! The location of the hotel was wonderful - letting us explore Michigan Ave, enjoy a show at the Goodman Theater, and the attractions of Millennium Park/State St. Easily. The Terrace for drinks and Sixteen for breakfast were also wonderful experiences and because we booked the Rise & Dine package, our breakfast credit of $60 covered our meal. All in all, would definitely stay again..although a splurge for us, it was still worth the price and the most reasonable of all the 5 star hotels in Chicago

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to read you and your husband enjoyed your celebration of 10 years together with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. Thank you for sharing your experience and for your kind appraisal of our facilities and team. We certainly look forward to your return.

Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I used to LOVE this Hotel. The rooms are great, location perfect, rooftop bar, Food etc... However on June 18th I made a reservation online for that night. There was a convention in town so all the hotels were booked. I (thought) I was lucky to get into the Trump. After meetings I show up to the hotel to check in around 6pm.. Unfortunately I had not received an email confirmation yet which I found weird.... I show the front desk girl my license and she said they have no reservation under my name? I told her I made a reservation online after signing in thru my Trump card signatures acct.

Long story, short.. She never found my reservation and all hotels were booked at this time. So I booked a last min flight for me and my wife to fly back to NY that night. ( Yes last minute flight cost us 3x what the hotel would have been)... While waiting to board flight at 10:30pm I finally get an email confirmation!! I call up Trump to give them my con # and they apologized but had me under a different last name?? They ask if I can come back.. Whatt??? after I booked a flight drove to airport and am ready to board!!!!

2 weeks later I decided to write an email to Trump Chicago directly and explain what had happened and hopefully they could make sure this doesnt happen again to someone else. There must be another way to confirm a reservation.. HERE IS THE MOST FRUSTRATING PART! They never had the decency to acknowledge my email! So I emailed them again 2 weeks ago.. And still NOTHING Back! A simple acknowledgement or explaination would have been the least I would exepct from a 5 star Hotel in Chicago. I Have not stayed here since.......

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank TravDuo
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago during past visits. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback as an opportunity to improve our services and facilities for our guests. I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered. Our Director of Rooms has attempted to contact you to discuss your experience further, but as she has not been able to connect with you I welcome you to please contact us directly by emailing jbridgeman@trumphotels.com.

I trust we will have the opportunity to restore your confidence in the near future and I look forward to welcoming you back.