I realize that this review is a bit late but thought I’d post it anyway since I had a great stay at the Trump in January. Traveling for work, we received an excellent rate of only $200 per night. I stayed in a king spa-level room with a gorgeous view of the river -- likely the largest hotel room I have ever slept in!
In the wide entrance corridor was a beverage area with a Nespresso machine, tea, and stocked fridge. The room itself was huge...with a large sitting area (sofa and chair), and a spacious area in the middle of the room for those who wanted to take advantage of the yoga mat, hand weights, and exercise DVDs (not that I did!).
The closet was of a comfortable size, with ample hangers, an umbrella to borrow, and the convenience of a light that automatically turned on when the door opened. It took me a couple of days to figure out why there was a small towel heater inside – I eventually discovered that it was keeping a very comfortable neck pillow warm! This came in handy in the -15C weather!
The bathroom was also incredibly large. Double sinks, separate shower stall, separate toilet area, and a beautiful tub that I enjoyed – even though I’m one to take baths. But, when you can do so while watching the TV that’s discreetly embedded in the mirror, why not?! (My only complaint is that the tub sides were a bit too high.) Bathroom amenities were great. Robe, slippers, good hair dryer (not wall-mounted), shampoo, conditioner, excellent moisturizer and body butter, bath salts.
For turndown, a bathmat was laid out by the bed, along with water and an inspirational quote (kind of hokey, but a nice touch). The safe in my room wasn’t working, but it wasn’t a big deal so I didn’t ask anyone to look into it. Wifi was strong. Staff overall were very friendly. Conference food was surprisingly good.
I really enjoyed my stay, and would certainly consider returning the next time I’m in Chicago!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Poised along the Chicago River at the juncture of the Loop and North Michigan Avenue, Trump International Hotel & Tower® Chicago is downtown’s most enviable address. The Chicago boutique hotel joins a list of landmarks, including the Magnificent Mile, Chicago River and Millennium Park. Soaring 92 stories, the structure of polished stainless steel and iridescent-tinted glass is a showcase of bold style and engaging design. Inside this luxurious hotel, impeccable style and spectacular four star services define the experience. Guests will enjoy a higher level of luxury with unrivalled hospitality and detail-oriented amenities, including personal attaché service. 339 graciously appointed guestrooms and suites await, with custom designed furnishings, floor-to-ceiling windows and fully equipped kitchens. Our signature, Michelin rated restaurant, Sixteen, features elegant, modern-American cuisine, complemented by sweeping lake, river, and city views. For an important occasion, the sophisticated surroundings of the Grand Ballroom or Conference Rooms will offer the perfect venue to make a lasting impression. The 23,000 sq. ft. Spa at Trump features an array of four star services with treatment rooms and spa hotel suites overlooking the Chicago skyline. All within walking distance to the best of downtown Chicago, from the exclusive shops on Michigan Avenue to the historic sites along the Riverwalk. An icon of definitive luxurious style, the Trump Chicago Hotel® brings sophistication and elegance to the heart of Chicagoland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trump International Hotel And Tower Chicago
- Trump International Hotel Chicago
- Trump International Chicago