“Never ending "wow"”

Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago
Ranked #28 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We (2 adults and 3 kids) checked in to the hotel at 4pm and stayed there for 3 nights, Our room was a Deluxe King City View; large enough with a king size bed and a pull out queen bed. Kitchen was fully stocked with some amenities you do not see every day.... The staff was very friendly from the initial get go. Luggage arrived to our room in no time.

Location is right on the Magnificent Mile and walking distance to the Millennium Park and other key spots.

When we came back from a stroll on the town on the first evening, we were surprised to receive a welcome plate for our kids, with cookies and milk. Someone is paying attention to details. !

SPA, pool and Gym are a dream ! I just wish the place I work out at will come to observe...

Concierge desk was very knowledgeable. When we asked then where a certain park was, we received a detailed answer and bottles of cold water to ease our walk :-( the same small. cold water bottles. were waiting for us in the car when the valet brought it from the garage. Nice touch.

We had one (repeating) glitch which other reviewers have also mentioned. The room was not serviced on time. While not a big deal, one expects this hotel to perform flawlessly. I mention this to the front desk manager and Lo and behold - room service knocked on our door on the same evening with an apology letter, a $100 Beau Joie champagne bottle (I looked it up) and chocolate dipped strawberries. WOW again.

Valet parking is priced at $69 / night which in my book is oh so very expensive, but from walking around town, it seems that parking is steep in Chicago.

Given the opportunity, I will not hesitate and rush back to the Trump.

1  Thank Nzakay
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for taking the time to post a detailed review of your recent stay, I am very pleased to read you and your family enjoyed your visit. I certainly appreciate your kind comments of recognition and appraisal of our team's efforts to ensure your family's needs are met.

We look forward to welcoming your return in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I attended a conference in Chicago in June. Fortunately I was able to stay at the Trump International Hotel& Tower in downtown. The staff welcomed me as I arrived the hotel in my taxi. Front desk was extrememly efficient and professional during the check-in process. My room was spacious and clean. It was equipped with everything I needed. Room cleaning service was exceptional! I looked forward to coming back to my hotel to relax and unwinde from attending meetings all day long. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ruth C
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to read you enjoyed your business stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and that you were able to relax during your time spent with us. Your kind appraisal of our Front Desk and Housekeeping teams is truly appreciated as is your recommendation of our hotel. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome your return in the near future.

Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Just had my first stay at Trump. Short - just one night - but it was great. Staff was very outgoing and service oriented. Was upgraded to a beautiful suite - lovely room, great shape. The fitness center was also very nice - larger and more spacious than most with great views

I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank RolandPark

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for commending our service team. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and visit to The Spa at Trump. We certainly look forward to your return.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We try to stay at the Four Season hotel everywhere we go but since it was booked we tried the Trump hotel. Let me tell you it's by far one of the best hotels that I have ever stayed in. The service in amazing. The location could not get any better. Our one bedroom suite was the biggest suite that I have ever stayed in with the best views of the river. Since I got my hotel through American Express fine hotel and resort they would give me an upgrade if it was available but unfortunately they were 100% full. I can only imagine what my upgrade room would look like. The staff were all friendly and ready to help at all times. If I ever wanted to visit Chicago again I would only stay in the Trump hotel. You would love it too.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your family's recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I am delighted to read you regard our hotel to be of the best you have experienced and that you found the service you received to be amazing. We truly appreciate all of your kind feedback and look forward to welcoming your return in the near future.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Had a recent one night stay at Trump to celebrate an anniversary night in the city. Upon check-in we were kindly upgraded to a spa floor room that had the best in-room amenities I've ever seen. I loved the warm spa wraps, gorgeous tub and products, and even the yoga mat and dumbells...in room!!!! They even sent us chocolate covered strawberries as a special anniversary treat. The service was top notch and the property and location are amazing. We will certainly be back! Only wished The Terrace was open early...we didn't even get to see it. We left wishing for a morning mimosa on the Terrace before we went back to reality.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to read that your stay to celebrate your anniversary was perfect and that we were able to help make it special.

Thank you kindly for taking the time to post a review of your experience at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago; I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My friends & I hung out at the spa to celebrate our birthdays. I was running late and they were very accommodating. I had a mud wrap, and then we had a lite dinner by the pool. They close at 10pm so we hung out at the rooftop restaurant/bar and it was a great view of the Wrigley Building. We had warm doughnut holes with caramel sauce. The only thing that was disappointing was the parking it was $35 then my ticket wouldn't work to exit so it took an additional 25 min to get out of the garage otherwise great service.

Room Tip: Use SpaFinder giftcards for spa
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank firstladyrobinson
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you choosing to visit The Spa at Trump and The Terrace for your birthday celebrations and for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago in the near future.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

If you have a child or yourself are dealing with allergies the Trumps is equipped with a full kitchen... The hotel is on the pricey side but when it is your only option, you gotta do whatcha gotta do. Beside that, great pool, great service and as they say location, location, location.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I am pleased to read you and your family found comfort from allergies during your stay with us and that you enjoyed your time spent with us. I look forward to welcoming your return in the near future.