Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago
$134
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of $218/night.

Chicago South Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$202
$89
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of $150/night.

$137
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of $213/night.

$169
$101
Savings alert! 46% below average rates

The price you found is 46% lower than this hotel's average rate of $187/night.

Hilton Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$132
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of $218/night.

$178
$161
Sofitel
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $203/night.

Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$131
$123
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of $208/night.

Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$107
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $156/night.

$222
$199
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $239/night.

$116
Priceline
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 44% below average rates

The price you found is 44% lower than this hotel's average rate of $206/night.

2,959 results
All reviewsthe riverpillow menuspa roomterrace bartv in the mirrorfull kitchenturn down servicein room diningfloor to ceiling windowshealth clubone bedroom suitewrigley buildingfour seasonsroom servicecity viewamazing hotelbeautiful room
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We were absolutely overwhelmed by the amazing service we received during our first stay at a Trump hotel. We traveled to Chicago for business but also brought our 15-mo-old daughter. Traveling with a baby is always stressful, but this hotel made it so easy since the staff anticipated our every need. The staff was warm and welcoming--with every member of reception even greeting our daughter by name throughout our stay. They even delivered Mum Mums to our room upon check-in. They provided a crib, pack'n'play, high chair, diaper pail, baby toiletries, etc. Having a dishwasher in our room was ideal for cleaning bottles and sippy cups during our stay. We have traveled frequently with our baby, but we have never had such a relaxing, comfortable stay anywhere else in the world. Of course, beyond the baby-related service, this hotel was beautiful, the service was exceptional, and the location was perfect.

Room Tip: If you need two beds, be sure they give you a room with two beds rather than one bed and a pullout. The pullout was not comfortable so we switched rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review of Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I am so pleased to read that our efforts to ensure you and your little one were comfortable during your stay are so warmly acknowledged and that our team made you feel welcome. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed at the Trump during a recent business trip and felt like I was on vacation(even thought the Chicago weather didn't cooperate). The accommodations were amazing and the service equally as impressive.

. I would like to compliment the door staff in particular. They were informative and took me to various destinations in the Trump limousine. The hotel also made dinner reservations for me a the last minute at a very popular restaurant. We were given a great table in a full dining room and a special dessert ordered by the Trump..........exceptional service beyond expectations

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I am pleased to read that you found the accommodations and service you received to be impressive and turned your business trip into a vacation experience. I also appreciate your appraisal of our teams at the door and the Concierge and am happy to learn that they provided you service beyond your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming your return in the future.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

The best hotel stay we have experienced in many years of traveling. The terrace and views were great. The staff couldn't do enough. We will return. Would recommend the Trump Hotel for business or pleasure trip and Chicago is a great city to visit and with the Trump's concierge desk it made visiting very easy.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lorne D

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your experience at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I am delighted to read that you would recommend our hotel for business and pleasure and that our Concierge team made your trip to Chicago easy.

We look forward to welcoming your return in the near future.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Besides surprising my wife by taking her to the Trump for the night of our anniversary, I also wanted a string of surprises to show up at the door of our suite when we got there (a certain box of Belgian chocolates, then a bottle of champage, then our close friends, finally an elegant dinner in the room). Everything had to be timed just right. They managed my complex request with diligence and efficiency...all over email. And then when my wife decided to take a shower when we arrived...which completely messed with the schedule, I made a call down to reception and they adjusted instantaneously...recalling the first messenger who was already in the elevator up. The dinner for four, served in our room was absolutely delicious. The media system made it easy for me to plug in my old Hi-8 video camera and show the movie of our wedding. The room itself and the view was gorgeous. There is a reason that the Trump is a five-star hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I am so very pleased to read that our team was able to assist in arranging your anniversary surprise for your wife and that you enjoyed your experience at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. We certainly appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome your return in the near future.

Dear Mr Trump,

For my (business) stay in Chicago, I opted to stay at your hotel, which has the reputation of being the leader of the top end Chicago hotel scene. Let me introduce myself as a seasoned traveler who has stayed in some of the most luxurious hotels of the world. When travelling, I like to pick my hotels by using websites such as Kiwicollection, Conde Nast magazine, Travel & Leisure (see my other reviews). So I only like the best of the best (e.g Banyan Tree, Four Seasons, Aman, Rosewood). In a nutshell: your hotel infrastructure is beyond spectacular, but when it comes to details and service, it’s just a Four Season’s wannabe that never comes even close to the original.

PROS :
-Your skyscraper is spectacular and without any doubt one of the architectural marvels of Chicago.
-Location is brilliant, dominating the Chicago river and close (walking distance) to the Millenium Avenue.
-Rooms are spacious and offer all modern amenities one can dream of. Bathrooms are spectacular with high-end toiletry and a divine bath. River view rooms come with a breathtaking view throught the floor-to-ceiling windows.
-Spa is definitely worth a visit (do not miss it on your trip).
-Everybody was very friendly.
-Internet is free (I hate it when hotels charge for that).

CONTRAS :
-At check in, I was unpleasantly confronted with a line, which meant a 15 minute wait (with only 2 staff members checking the guests in). Not what you expect at a top hotel paying top prices. I know that the hotel was fully booked, but nevertheless, a top hotel should be able to run smoothly at top capacity.
-The lobby is rather small, and feels cramped when many people are present.
-Only 3 elevators serve the 27 hotel floors. I am not picky, but I had to wait for the elevator quite often, with many stops along the way from the lobby to the 27th floor (where I stayed) or back.
-I ordered room service once and was promised at the phone that is would not take longer than 35 minutes. After 45 minutes, I got a phone call to apologize for the delay, with final delivery after 55 minutes. I was fully charged for the room service, but a top end hotel would have waved the charge as they annoyed the customer with the delay and did not fulfill their set goal (being the delivery within 35 minutes)
-I was ‘horrified’ by the plastic plants in the corridor and the rooms. Please, either remove them or replace them by real plants, as plastic plants are so tasteless in such a high end hotel.
-I tried to swim a couple of times at the very nice pool, but the pool was always overrun by screaming children and families. I realize that your hotel aims to be family friendly, but it might be a good idea to introduce some adults-only hours to guarantee those that want it some relaxing time at the pool.
-I missed a hot tube near the swimming pool.
-The hotel occupies the first 27 floors of the skyscraper. Just realize that there are a lot of rooms that do not come with a spectacular view.
-The rooms were not soundproof. I stayed at the 27th floor and was still bothered by the street noise.

I had a look at the Four Seasons while in town. While the building is far from as spectacular as yours, I may consider this as being the best hotel in town. Your hotel has so much potential, but just fell short on a few occasions (something that is not tolerated at the price tag one pays to stay at your top end hotel).

Room Tip: ask for a high floor with river view
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank LuxTravelExpert
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago for your business stay in Chicago and for sharing your feedback regarding your experience. While I am very happy to read your appraisal of our property and team, I was of course concerned to learn of the areas which left you to feel disappointed. I have noted your comments and suggestions regarding the waits you experienced in the lobby and with in room dining and we are taking this feedback onboard as an opportunity for improvement. I also apologize if the flowers and plants were not to your liking, they are delivered fresh routinely from Amlings and Heffernan Morgan and Ronsley.

Our team at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago makes every effort to deliver upon the high standards we have set ourselves; we strive to ensure our guests recognize the services and facilities we provide as offering a high level of value and warmly memorable experience. I would like to reiterate my apologies if in any way we fell short in this respect. I do hope you will allow us the occasion to restore your confidence in our hotel.