“Good hotel in a central setting” 4 of 5 bubbles

Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago
Ranked #20 of 185 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Good hotel in a central setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great, central and scenic setting on the canal close to the lake. The rooms are great, especially the lake facing ones! City view not that great. We had a few minor service failures, all resolved very quickly and satisfactorily. All round a great place to stay

• Stayed May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. While I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay and that the service lapse you encountered were resolved quickly and to your satisfaction, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused you. I can appreciate what a nuisance this was.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome your return in the near future.

Vice President, Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (632)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Laguna Beach, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was really impressed with all aspects of this hotel in my four-day stay. The room was spacious quiet and conformable. The housekeepers did a first rate job and even left a note card with the weather report on the nightstand each day.

The entire lobby staff doormen and bellmen were very incredibly helpful and polite. Everyone called me by my surname and seemed truly grateful for whatever I tipped them which may or may not be the standard amount in that city. I have no idea as this was my first visit to Chicago.

Room Tip: I had a city view and liked the eastern sunrise and buildings outside the tall windows.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I am very pleased to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your four-day stay and found it to be quiet and comfortable. I am also happy to read that our team was gracious and helpful.

Thank you again for your kind review; I certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

When in Chicago I will never stay anywhere but here. The staff is outstanding, and will help you with any small thing at just about any time. The good was excellent, my room quiet and had a great sound dock. Having an incredible kitchen made my trip so much better as I don't like to eat out all the time, and my view from my room was excellent, especially at night looking down over the river, or out the beautiful window view. Great interior design, and very comfortable furnishings that are thoughtfully laid out. I was able to walk to most of my destinations, or hop a cab easily from the front door. Gorgeous formal dining deck to entertain clients in.
I got stuck at the airport and had to stay overnight another night; they accomodated me, so I decided to stay 2 more since it was the weekend! Great spa that serves you martinis while you get a pedicure for tired traveler feet. Love this place!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that you found your room and accommodations to be excellent and comfortable, especially with the misfortune of getting stuck at the airport. It is also wonderful to learn that you were able to relax and enjoy the Spa.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago in the near future.

Grand Island, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here for a girls' trip away for the weekend. The rooms are large, well equipped, and very nice. We had lunch on the 16th floor and it was fabulous! The service was excellent and the staff was very friendly. We were within walking distance to great shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you and your friends for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago for your girls' trip away and for posting a review of your experience. I am very delighted to read that the service provided to you was excellent and that you enjoyed dinner at Sixteen. I am also happy to learn that your party was pleased with your accommodations and that you were able to enjoy surrounding entertainment in the city.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Stayed here for business and didn't have much expectation but this hotel caught me by surprise. The staff pays attention to the small details and everyone is absolutely friendly and very eager to help you make your stay comfortable. Not to mention the room provides nepresso machine, boss sound dock, and small kitchen. The location is excellent as well, most attractions are walking distance. I must agree with the other reviewer who states Trump might beat Ritz. Lastly, free wifi connection is very fast, unlike most other hotel wifi. The only thing that would make this complete may be the spa. My friend had a service at the spa and said the spa didn't have sauna. Not sure if she didn't know about it or not, but nonetheless she was very satisfied with her facial treatment.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dran832
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I appreciate your appraisal of our team as we make every effort to deliver upon the high standards we have set ourselves while remaining welcoming and personable to our guests. I am also happy to read you enjoyed amenities of the the room and hotel facilities. I do apologize for the inconvenience your friend experienced in trying to locate the sauna, as we do occupy one, but am pleased she was satisfied with her treatment.

I do hope you and your friend have the opportunity to enjoy the sauna upon your next visit; I look forward to welcoming your return in the near future.

Hassocks, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

We went to the bar which is situated on the 16th floor, hoping to have a drink and take in the view. The bar wasn't very big and on arriving there was not a table big enough for our party (we were only 5).

The waiters and servers completely ignored us and walked straight past whilst we stood there helplessly not really sure if we could start rearranging the bar to create a table big enough for us. After five minutes of being ignored we decided to leave and go to another bar. The customer service here is terrible, would definitely not recommend it at all.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Laura B
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent visit to our bar. We value all forms of guest feedback as an opportunity to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests. It is of course with great concern that I have learned your experience fell short of your expectations. Please accept my sincerest apologies that you were left to feel disappointed in any way.
I would like to invite you to visit Rebar and offer your party a complimentary round of drinks. Please contact Christopher Roberts, Director of Food and Beverage, at 312-588-8100 or croberts@trumphotels.com when you would like to arrange your visit.

We hope to have the opportunity to restore your confidence in Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago.

Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

We consider ourselves fortunate to have experienced some of the world's most highly acclaimed resorts and hotels.

Our experiences at the Trump Chicago are always delightful. The rooms are beautiful, clean, and well appointed and the staff couldn't be more professional. We always take an evening to dine at Sixteen and choose the chef's tasting menu with wine pairings and have never been disappointed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for taking the time to share your positive feedback about your experiences.
I truly appreciate your kind appraisal of the rooms in which you have stayed and of our team and their professionalism. I am also pleased to read that you have enjoyed your experiences at Sixteen.

I certainly look forward to welcoming your next visit.