I recently completed a one night stay at the Trump International Hotel. I live in the city of Chicago but periodically stay in the downtown hotels in order to get the visitor perspective. I use this experience so that I may offer recommendations to friends and family who visit from the East Coast either on business or for pleasure. I only allow certain family members to stay at my place. The others get shipped off to area hotels :)
Upon check in, we were warmly greeted by the front desk staff. Not the usual rushed and impersonal greeting. The young lady was genuinely glad to see us as if she knew us. We completed the check-in process with pleasant conversation. But what was most different from my experiences at other hotels, was the fact that the young lady came from around the desk and handed us our key cards and walked us to the elevator conversing the whole time with a pleasant smile. She pushed the button for our floor and sent us on our way. That was a great way to welcome a guest. I feel like a jerk now for not recalling her name, but I have not forgotten her professionalism. This was the theme throughout our stay. Not me being a jerk but the professionalism and customer service :) Every staff member we encountered was beyond helpful and professional. The bellman patiently took the time to show us our room and explain all the amenities. The room, by the way, is spectacular. My wife now has me going to every high end furniture store in the city to replace our current furniture with comparable Trump design. The bathroom is like a mini spa with a TV in the mirror. Now my wife can truly complain about me being in the bathroom too long. It was so relaxing in there, I was tempted to take a bath (please do not tell my buddies). My only complaint would be that the enclosed shower was a little tight. I needed just a little more elbow room. But I am being picky, or perhaps I just need to drop a few pounds......no, I am being picky.
Back to the service. Again we only stayed one night but the staff had treated us like we were there for a month. The pool was amazing. The location can't be beat as the area of Kinzie and Hubbard is the place to be for great dining and nightlife. Trump International will be the first hotel I recommend from now on. Great experience. Job well done. Thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Poised along the Chicago River at the juncture of the Loop and North Michigan Avenue, Trump International Hotel & Tower® Chicago is downtown’s most enviable address. The Chicago boutique hotel joins a list of landmarks, including the Magnificent Mile, Chicago River and Millennium Park. Soaring 92 stories, the structure of polished stainless steel and iridescent-tinted glass is a showcase of bold style and engaging design. Inside this luxurious hotel, impeccable style and spectacular four star services define the experience. Guests will enjoy a higher level of luxury with unrivalled hospitality and detail-oriented amenities, including personal attaché service. 339 graciously appointed guestrooms and suites await, with custom designed furnishings, floor-to-ceiling windows and fully equipped kitchens. Our signature, Michelin rated restaurant, Sixteen, features elegant, modern-American cuisine, complemented by sweeping lake, river, and city views. For an important occasion, the sophisticated surroundings of the Grand Ballroom or Conference Rooms will offer the perfect venue to make a lasting impression. The 23,000 sq. ft. Spa at Trump features an array of four star services with treatment rooms and spa hotel suites overlooking the Chicago skyline. All within walking distance to the best of downtown Chicago, from the exclusive shops on Michigan Avenue to the historic sites along the Riverwalk. An icon of definitive luxurious style, the Trump Chicago Hotel® brings sophistication and elegance to the heart of Chicagoland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trump International Hotel And Tower Chicago
- Trump International Hotel Chicago
- Trump International Chicago