“Outstanding! I felt like a King from check-in to check-out.”

Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago
Ranked #28 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“Outstanding! I felt like a King from check-in to check-out.”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I first noticed how large the room was. Then the well appointed kitchen with high-end appliances. The bed is very comfortable and roomy. Great location. Staff is top notch. The bathroom is awesome. The whole place is super clean and luxurious. Food in Sixteen was outstanding too! They have really blended modern luxury, class, and comfort exceptionally well. Bravo, Mr. Trump!

My experience here has essentially ruined me for other high-end hotels. Others had better up their game because this hotel has really raised the bar. I am very glad I had the opportunity to stay here and will absolutely, positively be back again. It is worth it. I can't speak to value on this stay as it was covered by a conference I attended, but if it's the same cost as other 5 star hotels in the area I am still paying it. Absolutely.

The only thing that would have made it better was if there were just a few more things in the room with the TRUMP name on it. (Just kidding.) Logo candy bars, water, slippers and more... Fitting for him, but it does make you laugh.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions after your stay with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor and for recommending our hotel.

Once again, thank you for continuing to chose to stay at Trump Chicago. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Vice President, Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (650)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Chicago
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Mr. Trump, you have it right, this is the place to be and the service is out of this world, and wow, the views and the room! Room was clean and in perfect condition. My favorite was the bed, oh my! Best sleep I have had while traveling.

Room Tip: Go with a lake or river view room for daytime views, the city view is fantastic at night!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to post a review of your experience. I do hope you will be returning to visit us again in the near future; we certainly look forward to welcoming your return.

Saginaw, Michigan
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the best hotels in Chicago - I was impressed by the suite with fireplace, large living room, separate kitchen, and huge bedroom. The concierge were knowledgeable and very helpful and happy to serve you. Classy is the word to describe this place, and it started with hand dripped and made chocolates delivered and at our door upon arrival. I give this place 5 stars.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am delighted to read that you would recommend our hotel, and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome your return.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had never stayed at a Trump Hotel before, and I am convinced that after this stay at the Trump in Chicago, we will always try to book in one of their hotels when in the city to which we are traveling. Compared to the (I don't want to name names, but the initials are R-C and it is in Water Tower Place in Chicago), the Trump trumps it! From check-in to checkout, everything was perfect. We felt very welcome and welcomed. Everything we requested was done; these were minor things, such as requesting more of the stronger coffee. They certainly noted our preferences such as room temperature at 68º, classical music, and preference in fruit (I hate apples). I especially commend Sean the doorman and Maggie who did the turn-down in the evening. We have never had such a pleasant stay in any other hotel in our many travels! The "excellent" ratings used in this website are not good enough; they should be "superior".

In addition, the location is very convenient to shopping, dining, the Magnificent Mile, and the Loop.

Room Tip: I cannot imagine that there are any rooms other than "choice".
1 Thank Hawaii-Biker

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago.

I am very pleased to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that you regard your stay to be one of the best experiences you have had. Thank you sincerely for commending Sean and Maggie in this regard. Your kind recognition will be very well received.

I look forward to an opportunity to welcome your return to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago in the near future.

Irvine, California
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This gorgeous property wowed me from the second I entered the door where a piped in scent of vanilla filled the air. The staff is attentive to your every need and whim, without being intrusive. The room my friend and I stayed in was the double-queen city view and was gorgeous. A fully-functional kitchen is a part of each room and the appliances, dishes, even coffee cups were wonderful. It is obvious that every detail, even down to the chocolates that greeted us, were pored over to make sure they are superb and luxurious. The bed was magnificent and the duvet cover, sheets, pillows, towels, slippers and robes were soft and amazing. Even though this hotel is obviously high-end, the staff were not snobbish or rude or off-putting. They truly want to make guest's experience one to remember and I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, March 15, 2013

Los Angeles
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed in a 1 BR, 2 Bath suite with a full kitchen for the Chicago Housewares trade show. The service was courteous and professional, the suite was like a nice size 1BR apartment. We had a wonderful view overlooking the river and the suite was quiet. I booked through an online service associated with my United credit card. The rate was excellent and included a $60 breakfast credit which we used through room service. We also got a free upgrade from city view to river view. I really enjoy this property and will stay again next year. I used to stay in the Peninsula which is a "more elegant and polished" hotel, but you just cannot compare the values. If you like a formal "old school" hotel experience with uncomparible service stay in the Peninsula. But if you want a close second and a better value, pick the Trump.

Room Tip: avoid rooms directly over their conference and ball rooms. They can be noisy if there is a late eve...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago on TripAdvisor. I would also like to thank you for your loyalty to our hotel. I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, services and facilities and I know my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and other Trump properties in the very near future.

Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

We only stayed for a night for a girls shopping trip and when we walked in we were treated like royalty from start to finish. The concierge got us reservations for Girl and the Goat & called the restaurant while we were there and got us earlier and prime seating which made us feel very well taken care of. Our room was beautiful with a breathtaking view. The bed was so comfortable that was the best sleep I got in a long time. There is also a pillow menu (which we took advantage of) but was out of the aromatic pillows. The shower was amazing and the robes were so comfortable. Unfortunately they were out of robes to buy because I wanted one :( I highly recommend this hotel. Great location for shopping and restaurants as well.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions after your girls weekend with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor and for recommending our hotel.

I would like to apologize that our Trump robes were unavailable to you for purchase during your stay and would be more than happy to assist you with purchasing a robe.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago in the near future.