“Superb experience. One of my better stays in Chicago. Outstanding service. Not as close to shopping as hope”

Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago
Ranked #23 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Recently spent three nights at this hotel - and three days in meeting rooms at the Trump. I was expecting a lot of gold and lavish furnishings but it was actually really very tasteful and contemporary. My room was great. Very comfortable. Large and spacious bathroom with relatively decent products and plenty of fluffy towels and a nice view of the city from the 24th floor. The service was outstanding. Staff went out of their way to help. Lunches were average - though this might have been due to the package our meeting organizers had booked. Nevertheless, I was surprised to see exactly the same lunch two days in a row. Not what you would expect from a hotel like this. The water tower is about a USD5 trip away. Probably could do this by walking on a nice and sunny day, though we were there in the middle of a snowstorm. Beware of the pricey mineral waters on the small table. I think mine cost USD11. Check out the very nice Japanese restaurant and bar. Worth a visit. Staff a little too enthusiastic in e restaurant. I think about ten people asked us if everything was ok. This is a little extreme for me. Overall a great hotel and I would definitely come back for a business trip. Oh final thing, Internet connections are great and there is even a mini-kitchen in the room so if you are holed up in Chicago for a week, you could take care of yourself.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and got one which was a nice distance from the elevator
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions after your stay with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor and for recommending our hotel.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Vice President, Managing Director

Write a ReviewReviews (2,758)

Reviewed March 4, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Trump Hotel for our 6th anniversary. We booked via telephone, the operator was very nice and accommodating. We were contacted via phone about a week before our check in date to make sure we were still coming and to offer us reservations at their spa and restaurant. Upon arrival, two valet/bellmen opened our doors and removed our luggage after welcoming us and asking for the name on our reservation. Sydney checked us in, and we were in our room in about 5 minutes from the time we pulled in.

The rooms are fantastic.... Extremely spacious, tasteful amenities, included mini-kitchen. Absolutely no complaints about the layout, space, ambiance of the rooms. About 15 minutes after we checked in, we received a plate of chocolate covered strawberries and a note signed by one of the managers, Tom, wishing us a happy anniversary. I believe the entire time we were at the hotel only 2 people that we interacted with did not mention our anniversary. The level of personalized service and detail that goes into their service is extraordinary.

We had breakfast delivered both mornings we stayed, which was a great experience. It took about 20 minutes from the time we called till we heard the polite knock on the door to receive delivery. It was not cheap, but the presentation and quality of the food were worth it, to us at least.

I have one complaint and one opportunity for the hotel. First, the second night, our bedding had been changed completely. This was nice, and we enjoyed a fresh bed until we laid down for the night. The pillows had an extremely foul stench to them. The pillow cases were fresh and smelled fine, the sheets were fine, duvet fine. It was the pillows themselves that had a putrid smell to them. Obviously my head was going to be laying on them all night, so I needed to have them replaced. However, even after receiving 4 new pillows, the stench was on them as well. Since sleeping is essentially what you buy a hotel for, this was obviously a huge drawback. If we had not experience this problem, the hotel would have been an EASY 4.5/5 for us. I'm not sure if they were running low on pillows and got these from storage, or if they had been sitting in dirty laundry, but it wasn't pleasant.

The only other opportunity would be in the communication of their Trump Card Privilege program. I think I ended up "signing up" for this program about 4 times from booking to check-out, and I'm still not sure if my account was associated with my stay. Either way, it didn't really effect our experience so it did not take away from their rating.

Overall:

Amazing customer service and staff. Rooms are spacious, clean, and well decorated. Bathrooms were clean and extremely modern and enjoyable. No noise issues of any kind, view was great from the room. In-room dining was great, and all wait staff and housekeeping were courteous and accommodating. If we had not had the issue with our pillows this would be our staple hotel for visiting Chicago. However, we will probably try other luxury hotels in the area and see if they can hit everything 100% before we return to Trump.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pete W

Dear Guest,

I would like to extend my congratulations on your 6th anniversary and thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago to celebrate.

I sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your stay. All guest feedback allows us the opportunity to improve our services and facilities and we readily welcome both positive and constructive comments. I was of course concerned to learn of the areas which left you to feel disappointed. I have noted your comments regarding the pillows and regret that they were not odor free and will have my housekeeping team look into this immediately.

Our team at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago makes every effort to deliver upon the high standards we have set ourselves; we strive to ensure our guests recognize the services and facilities we provide as offering a high level of value and a warmly memorable experience. I would like to apologize if in anyway we feel short in this respect. I do hope you will allow us the occasion to restore your confidence in our hotel.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We have lived in Chicago for a couple years now and witnessed the Trump being built. It was only natural for us to stay here and after a couple years we decided that the time is now. My wife has been wanting to stay here for a long time and I decided to make it a surprise birthday gift for her.

Checkin was very quick and courteous as the receptionist at the front desk invited us in. I decided to purchase a "city breaks" package that gave us a credit for $50 bucks for food and free continental breakfast which we were informed included free valet parking! She then proceeded to let us know that they were upgrading us into a Executive suite for free! This totally set off the weekend as we would of been perfectly fine with the deluxe king. She walked us to the elevator and informed us where the lounge/restaurant and the spa are located which was a very personable touch.

The rooms are just beautiful...we had the executive suite which comes with a fully stocked kitchen, stand up shower with soaking tub, two sinks, and a tv embedded in the bathroom mirror. As with most hotels in Chicago, once in a while they do run out of smaller rooms so upgrades are given for free...but this wasn't the case at the Trump. On our kitchen counter, there was a sealed envelope signed by the General manager welcoming us there with 4 truffled chocolates in sealed Trump box! This hotel has the nicest finishes I have yet to see in Chicago. Granite counters, warmed tiles in the bathrooms, and even a expresso machine that we loved! The staff called us after 15 mins to check in on us to make sure everything is in order. We ordered breakfast in room and it was just amazing. Food was very fresh, warm, and presented perfectly

If I had any gripes about our amazing experience at The Trump Chicago, I would have to say the pool and Spa services. It almost seemed that during construction, they forgot about these facilities as they are very small in comparison to everything else in the hotel. The only pool on site is a indoor lap pool with 4 lanes. On the morning we went, it was filled with young screaming children and their mothers. I was also disappointed by the steam room in the locker room as it only has space for 4 grown men. I would've loved to see a relaxation room with iced tea, cucumber infused water and some snacks available as there really isn't anywhere to relax here.

Upon checkout we did have a small issue with the credit included in our package, but the young lady at the counter made it right with no questions asked. With all the opulence and fame associated with the Trump brands, I had my doubts about service at their hotels. I was seriously blown away with the service we received! We are looking forward to trying other Trump hotels all over the world from this experience!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to read that your holiday to celebrate your wife’s Birthday exceeded your expectations and that we were able to ensure your holiday with us was relaxing and memorable.

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and for recommending our hotel to your friends.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago in the near future.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed one night at Trump Chicago and it was absolutely the best hotel stay we have ever experienced. We were upgraded to a city view suite which was amazing. We elected to enjoy "in room dining" and the service was fantastic. I really cannot emphasize how attentive the staff at Trump is - down to every last detail. We ate breakfast at Sixteen - another wonderful meal with great service. The valet was prompt with our car and overall we could not recall a better stay anywhere. We will definitely return - Trump definitely does it right!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LilCricket
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am delighted to read that you would recommend our hotel, and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome your return.

Once again, thank you for your comments about our in room dining service, our restaurant Sixteen, and valet.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Attending a business meeting, I recently spent two nights at the Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. From the moment I arrived until the door closed on my cab going back to O'Hare everything was perfect. A dramatic room with every amenity, an exceptionally helpful and friendly staff and excellent on property dining made for an excellent experience.
The Trump International is among the very best hotels. I didn't want to leave! I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I look forward to an opportunity to welcome your return to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago in the near future.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!vI loved my stay at the Trump!I loved my stay at the Trump!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago.

I am very pleased to learn that you thoroughly loved your stay at Trump!

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

The small and intimate lobby of this towering building that overlooks the Chicago River, city and Lake is a special, special spot in Chicago. We were met with personal greetings, warm towels to wash our hands after our travels, welcoming and inviting registration not familiar in large cities, and every special request was met with a smile. A real smile! Nothing was too much to ask for. The employees appear to really care and like their job and their clients. What a treat.

Now, for the rooms...spotless attention to detail. Large and roomy, about 650 SF for a regular size room at the Trump. We have stayed at other Trump properties, and this model works extremely well in a large city where small hotel rooms are the norm. Trump is not the norm. Kitchenette/bar area includes stainless and granite. All utensils, cookware, refrigerator, cooktop, the works. But even though we didn't cook when there are so many fabulous restaurants nearby, the space is wonderful to have. Bedding is plush and upscale. We travelled with an 11 year old and requested extra feather bedding for the pull-out sofa bed. Not a problem or even a flinch from the staff. Bath was an odd configuration with the shower and bath being enclosed in glass together but as separate pieces. It worked though. Like their signature tv screen glass window. We were upgraded to a spectacular view room of the river and lake. It was a birthday trip, and a scrumptious chocolate ganache cake was left in our room as a gift. Loved this trip to Chicago, and a special thank you to all the employees!!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank PhoenixWestin

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for taking the time to post a detailed review of your recent stay.