Had an opportunity to visit the Trump in downtown Chicago the weekend after New Years. I live in Illinois and admit I am not a fan of the city proper. Pretty much everything you hear is true.. both good and bad. I have to admit I will be making plans to visit again next year. This place was flat out cool. It'll cost you, make no mistake. $25 bottled water. $30 chocolates. Its your option not to consume so no worries there. Totally first class from the get go. People were remarkably friendly and helpful. Never received the "snob" feeling. We were on the 18th floor facing east/northest and it was magnificent. The city really is beautiful. Easy walking distance to enough places that we didn't even use a cab although the hotel offers a driver if you need to go anywhere, a nice trump touch. No disrespect to the hotel restaurants but there is so much more outside of the hotel in terms of food and shopping, why stay in the building. We even walked Michigan Ave thanks to our mild, snow-lessJanuary. Fantastic weekend. If you can, limo it into the city because parking will kill you.
Note: I have ranked the value as average because, really, is a hotel room worth $300-$700 a night? Its just a personal splurge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Poised along the Chicago River at the juncture of the Loop and North Michigan Avenue, Trump International Hotel & Tower® Chicago is downtown’s most enviable address. The Chicago boutique hotel joins a list of landmarks, including the Magnificent Mile, Chicago River and Millennium Park. Soaring 92 stories, the structure of polished stainless steel and iridescent-tinted glass is a showcase of bold style and engaging design. Inside this luxurious hotel, impeccable style and spectacular four star services define the experience. Guests will enjoy a higher level of luxury with unrivalled hospitality and detail-oriented amenities, including personal attaché service. 339 graciously appointed guestrooms and suites await, with custom designed furnishings, floor-to-ceiling windows and fully equipped kitchens. Our signature, Michelin rated restaurant, Sixteen, features elegant, modern-American cuisine, complemented by sweeping lake, river, and city views. For an important occasion, the sophisticated surroundings of the Grand Ballroom or Conference Rooms will offer the perfect venue to make a lasting impression. The 23,000 sq. ft. Spa at Trump features an array of four star services with treatment rooms and spa hotel suites overlooking the Chicago skyline. All within walking distance to the best of downtown Chicago, from the exclusive shops on Michigan Avenue to the historic sites along the Riverwalk. An icon of definitive luxurious style, the Trump Chicago Hotel® brings sophistication and elegance to the heart of Chicagoland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trump International Hotel And Tower Chicago
- Trump International Hotel Chicago
- Trump International Chicago