“A nice place to visit, but I would not want to live here.” 4 of 5 stars

Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago
Ranked #13 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City
“A nice place to visit, but I would not want to live here.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

OK, Chicago in the winter time. What were we thinking? I needed to go there for work, so it sounded like a fun trip for my lady friend to join me. The hotel is beautiful, the concierge service was terrific, and all else was great. BUT, in total, I thought it was a bit over priced and a bit over done. For us the "feel" was just not as nice as we hoped.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank MJinmyPJs
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions after your stay with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor and for recommending our hotel.

I am of course very concerned to learn that your experience fell short of your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies that you were left to feel disappointed in any way. I would like to assure you that we pay careful attention to feedback such as you have provided.

We hope to have the opportunity to restore your confidence in Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago.

T. Colm O'Callaghan
Vice President, Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (610)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stayed here on a recent business trip and this is the best hotel I have ever stayed at in my life! Service, clean, high end yet freindly staff, etc etc. Terrace bar is amazing, A++++ Hotel and a must visit if in Chicago area! Location, style, truly a modern masterpiece!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago.

I am very pleased to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that you regard your stay to be one of the best experiences you have had.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago in the near future.

T. Colm O'Callaghan
Vice President, Managing Director
Lexington Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We had such a great stay at this hotel last December that we decided to select it again for a four night stay shortly before Christmas. As before, we booked through the Amex Plat Fine Hotels & Resorts program and received the usual extras. However, we received an even better upgrade than expected - to a really beautiful one bedroom suite! It was incredibly roomy and worked out wonderfully for our family. Loved the fireplace and two bathrooms! View was not as good as last year, but getting the suite was well worth a lesser view this time around.

We enjoyed sushi at the bar, worked out at the health club, took a dip in the pool, had a nice massage, and otherwise had a relaxing time. The use of the courtesy Audi was a real plus. We used our breakfast credit each morning and even recognized the same excellent staff from the previous year!

Throughout our stay, the staff were always pleasant and helpful. Even got us a hard to get restaurant reservation. Strangely, we had the same minor issue with getting the right pillows, but it was eventually straightened out. Truly this isn't a fair complaint since this would not be a problem in most hotels as they don't even offer such a pillow menu! We ended up with lots of memory foam pillows just like at home. Our king bed was quite comfortable. We did order an extra mattress pad for the sofa bed for our son and they brought in the most luxe down comforter for him. The kitchen had a new Nespresso machine. We received a nice turn down service each night complete with bottles of Fiji water and slippers. It is all good.

We will most definitely return!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This was my second stay in a Trump Hotel. Once is not enough. We chose Trump Chicago to ring in the new year. Coming from Toronto, our concierge made suggestions for dinner on NYE, prior to our arrival and facilitated our reservation at L20. The Tower itself is breathtaking! Inside and Out. Everyone from the valet, bell boys, reception and housekeeping were passionate about making our stay special. We used the concierge team on several occasions for lunch and dinner suggestions. Their recommendations were spot on with our requests. The Spa here was an oasis of refuge. Check out the steam room, sauna and power shower. The gym facilities were extensive too. Regret not booking a spa service!

We had breakfast at SIxteen and really enjoyed it.. despite a long wait to speak with our waiter after having been seated. Wifi was also challenging in some areas.

Looking forward to checking out Trump Honolulu at some point.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We just returned from the trump towers this weekend. What a beautiful place! Everything was first class, the beds were comfortable and the decore beautiful. I agree with MelicitaB, the bathroom was lovely with the exception of the gap on the door. I would also have been nice if the door wasn't glass.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
mission hills
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed here for a business conference (which is about the only reason I would be staying here--the organization got a great group rate). The hotel is beautiful; the staff incredibly welcoming and accommodating. The hotel room was among the nicest I have stayed in. Loved the mini-kitchenette--double burner, microwave, limited dishes were wonderful. I could not figure out how to work the coffee maker--which is ok because I don't drink coffee-but usually use the coffee maker to heat water for tea. Fortunately, I could use the microwave to warm up the water (and a great selection of tea bags was present). Also loved the oversize bath sheets and the great (and warm) bathrobe.

My only complaint was the ice maker was incredibly loud. I could not figure out what the loud crashing noise was that kept waking me multiple times during the night--it was not until the morning i left when i walked past the ice maker as it was delivering ice that i figured out the source of the noise--or I would have called to see if it could have been disconnected.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I stayed at Trump Chicago recently for work and enjoyed every moment of it! From the moment you arrive you feel very welcome. Staff are all lovely and every single one of them greeted me every time I saw them. The over look of the entrance is smart and modern but welcoming, in the evening they light seated candles in the entrance which is a lovely touch. Lifts are card activated so you can be sure of no random people on room floors. On first being shown to my room, classical music was playing and a small gift was left for me. Very from the view was lovely over the city. Large very comfy bed, I am very fussy about beds but this one was lovely! Room also had a huge HD tv, buttons for the curtains and separate buttons for different light functions- day, night, evening so on. Small kitchen contained all I needed, small fridge that didn't have sensors in it like some hotels so you can put your own water or anything in. Coffee maker and pods are supplied every day. More kitchen was supplied than I needed really. Very large bathroom with tv in mirror, never used it myself but nice touch. Bath and shower was behind another glass wall/door apart from the bathroom which is nice if you shower and someone wants to shave and not have a steamed up mirror! Turn down service is lovely, bed is ready for you, robe and slippers layer out, lights turned down and fish tank put up on the tv, very nice to come back to. Hotel is nice, bars are nice, view from the high up bar is nice but to be honest I wasn't overwhelmed by the bars... That's the only downfall really. Hotel is well placed I walked everywhere and you can easily get to shops, coffee shops. Cafe and across the river.
Overall 10 out of 10 from me.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business