We spent a weekend night at the Trump Hotel Chicago. During this time we had the opportunity dine at Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab. We also utilized public transportation.
Trump Hotel: This may be the most amazing location from which to explore downtown Chicago. One block from Michigan Avenue and the Magnificent mile. Easy walks to Millennium Park and Gold Coast attractions. What we found most amazing about this place is the views. From top levels of the hotel (Sixteen restaurant or 14th floor fitness center) the panoramic views of major city attractions is unmatched. We have stayed at the Ritz, Four Season, Peninsula, Talbot, W Hotel, and Park Hyatt. None of these hotels are even close when it comes to the views you can get from your this hotel. This hotel also exceeds all of the above in service. I cannot tell you how many times we were amazed at how polished all staff are in their presentation. Everyone makes eye contact. Every staff member greets you. Desk staff and doormen attempt to remember your name. All staff smile when addressing you and guests are never imposing. Guests that approach the front desk are immediately greeted by a staff member. No one is ever too busy to stop what they are doing and give you their complete/full attention. This is in stark contrast to one week prior when we stayed in Cambridge, MA at the Charles Hotel where every time I approached the front desk I had to wait for the staff to complete their paperwork or computer work prior to helping me (sometimes up to a minute or two). Not here. Everything is instant. It is amazing. Finally we got what we paid for....respect, a smile, "what else can I do to help you", etc.
We are truly amazed. We have vacationed in cities throughout the world. We frequent the Ritz Carlton brand. In most American cities we have been in (San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, St. Louis, Atlanta, Washington D.C.) we have always chosen the most expensive hotel because we are big on customer service. The Trump Chicago is the best we have experienced in this regard.
We rented a one bedroom suite at the Trump. I was HUGE! Beautifully decorated. Every amenity we could think of including espresso machine.
The hotel is one block walk from Hubbard St. and Rush restaurants and short walk to theatre district.
We toured the fitness center just prior to checking out. It is superior! Most fitness equipment directed toward amazing views from 14th floor. All types of fitness classes. Great Spa. It is an entity unto itself.
Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab: A four minute walk from Trump. The type of place where all of the waiters wear tuxedos and all wait-staff are professional lifetime waiters. Our waiter was Darren. He was excellent. Stone crab was great. Key Lime pie was also very good. Cocktails amazing. We will go back to this place. Crab cakes were amazing and better than crab cakes I had in New England area just a week prior. We will go back to this place.
Chicago "subway" system: We try public transportation when we go to major cities (recently Paris and Boston but also New York, Toronto, Washington D.C.). We found the "L" to be quite a bit older and less clean in appearance than the other cities. The cleanliness of the stations was on par with other cities but insides of trains left something to be desired. Rides were also quite a bit more bumpy and unsettling. Frequency of trains seemed to be less on a Saturday night when you would think that they would be very frequent. The other cities we have travelled to made us feel that we may not own a car if we lived in those cities. In Chicago, I think we will keep our car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Poised along the Chicago River at the juncture of the Loop and North Michigan Avenue, Trump International Hotel & Tower® Chicago is downtown’s most enviable address. The Chicago boutique hotel joins a list of landmarks, including the Magnificent Mile, Chicago River and Millennium Park. Soaring 92 stories, the structure of polished stainless steel and iridescent-tinted glass is a showcase of bold style and engaging design. Inside this luxurious hotel, impeccable style and spectacular four star services define the experience. Guests will enjoy a higher level of luxury with unrivalled hospitality and detail-oriented amenities, including personal attaché service. 339 graciously appointed guestrooms and suites await, with custom designed furnishings, floor-to-ceiling windows and fully equipped kitchens. Our signature, Michelin rated restaurant, Sixteen, features elegant, modern-American cuisine, complemented by sweeping lake, river, and city views. For an important occasion, the sophisticated surroundings of the Grand Ballroom or Conference Rooms will offer the perfect venue to make a lasting impression. The 23,000 sq. ft. Spa at Trump features an array of four star services with treatment rooms and spa hotel suites overlooking the Chicago skyline. All within walking distance to the best of downtown Chicago, from the exclusive shops on Michigan Avenue to the historic sites along the Riverwalk. An icon of definitive luxurious style, the Trump Chicago Hotel® brings sophistication and elegance to the heart of Chicagoland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotwire, Odigeo, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HotelsClick, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and Jetsetter so you can book your Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trump International Hotel And Tower Chicago
- Trump International Hotel Chicago
- Trump International Chicago