“Very Nice” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
omaha
“Very Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

My wife and I stayed here over the weekend, for my wife's business. First time in Chicago, so the location was awesome as far as the attractions go. Rooms are excellent and very clean, the TV built into the mirror was very cool. Aside from the front desk gal, who was a little rude, that was the only exception to the wonderful service and very friendly staff. The gal in the gift shop was the best of all. If given a chance to be in Chicago again, we would definately love to stay here again!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank huskeraj
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback, and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests.

I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, services and facilities, but would like to reiterate my apologies if you were left to feel in anyway disappointed after your stay with us based on your experience with the front desk associate. We look forward to the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel and welcome you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago in the near future.

Vice President, Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (636)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Trump International in Chicago the middle of August. It is our second time staying at a Trump hotel, and once again, we were not disappointed. The rooms are beautifully decorated and very comfortable. The Nespresso machine in the room is a nice touch, as is the complimentary water we got every evening. Everything is geared for guests to relax; the very comfortable beds and pillows, the bath salts and scrubs, a HUGE bath, and a great spa. The outdoor terrace is very nice as well, and it has great city views.

Wifi is ridiculously expensive (as it is in most hotels), and food is as well. However, the location of the hotel is so great, that finding more reasonably priced fare is quite easy.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Stay on the Spa floors to take advantage of the pool and sauna.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the Spa guest rooms. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.

New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Outstanding service from the moment you walk into the hotel. The room was huge. High ceiling, spacious kitchen/dining area that blended into the living room with fireplace. Main bath was enormous, with a built-in tv display in the mirror, bath tub and separate shower. Toilet was also separated for privacy. Spacious dressing area outside of main bath. Secondary bath had another shower. Amazing view. There was a welcome note and fresh fruit plate awaiting my arrival... a nice, unexpected touch. Took advantage of the complimentary selection of pillows from the "pillow menu". Bed was very comfortable. Late night room service was quick. Breakfast was right on time, however, I couldn't hear the doorbell from the bedroom, so they had to call me. Was located within a 10 minute walk to Merchandise Mart, where my work required me to be. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am delighted to read that you would recommend our hotel, and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome your return.

Once again, thank you for your comments about our service, associates, and for choosing to spend your time with us.

virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed at Trump Chicago shortly after it first opened and moved rooms within the hotel due to a few problems. I had not planned on giving the hotel a second chance but I am so glad I did! The service at this hotel is the best service I have ever experienced, far and wide over decades of travel. The hotel worked with me prior to my visit to assist me with my guests who were on a very special status in the USA by calling me, and when we arrived encouraged me to take a different kind of room offered to me at a bit of a discount. A bell staff overheard a problem, quietly asked if the hotel could assist, and over the next two days the hotel worked on my problem with another hotel, solved it, in fact taking over the issue so I could be free. Service was perfect in providing the things we needed in a suite such as unfolding the sleeper sofa and sheeting it very promptly and again in returning it to sofa status. Spa service and the spa was much, much better on the second visit as well, and if you enjoy a good gym and plush locker room supplied with scrubs, oils, fancy showers this is for you. Room service food arrived hot, perfect, quickly and was set up on a table beautifully. River view rooms and suites offer the best views of beautiful Chicago as does the restaurant which I also liked much better on the second visit. There is only one thing I do not enjoy about Trump Hotel Chicago and that is the lobby, and lobby life. I prefer the kind of hotel that has a huge lobby for people watching and for that I would stay at the Palmer House Chicago, another great hotel, but the Trump is more modern, quieter, the gym a bit better (though Palmer House gym is far better than the average hotel gym) and has better service. This last 4 day stay

Room Tip: River View rooms and suites offer the views of Chicago that made Chicago famous.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to return back to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago during your recent trip to Chicago. I appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your stay with us from your stay in 2008 when we first opened and your most recent stay.

I am of course very concerned to learn that your experience fell short of your expectations after your first stay with us back in our early days.

I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, services and facilities today and I know my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago for your third visit in the very near future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I'd echo most of the very positive comments on this hotel. We spent a week's vacation here and I would not hesitate in going back. The rooms are large, very well appointed and the location is great for all the major sites in the city. So why not 'Excellent'? Only because of two very minor service issues. First we wanted a taxi one morning and were completely blanked by the front door staff, despite two requests we ended up having to walk over the road to a taxi rank. Second in the terrace bar (great view by the way) the service took forever with no offer of a drink while were waiting for a table with a view.

I expect better of a 5* hotel and having stayed at Trump LV a couple of times and know that they normally are flawless on service. One hint, don't book a limo/car to the airport from the hotel as they want $170 for the same service as Chicago Private Hire charge $56....

However, I'd stress that the minor issues should not put you off of this hotel as a great base for staying in the city.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Robert P
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. We value all forms of guest feedback as an opportunity to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests.

I am of course very concerned to learn that your experience fell short of your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies that you were left to feel disappointed with the lack of assistance from our team with a taxi and the slow service from the Terrace.

I would like to assure you that we pay careful attention to feedback such as you have provided, taking immediate steps to correct any deficiencies.

We hope to have the opportunity to restore your confidence in Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago.

Vice President & Managing Director
Olathe, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Everything at the hotel was perfect. Greeted warmly at the front door, we headed to check in. We booked with a Virtuoso travel agent and we were upgraded from our standard deluxe room to a Deluxe City View Suite. Sure we didn't have have an awesome river/waterfront view, but you can get those from the spa level, or from the Terrace bar.

The suite was actually really massive. Living room and kitchenette with a full bathroom, separate from the even more spacious bedroom, closet, and bathroom. We were celebrating our anniversary, so our room had a bottle of Spanish sparking wine and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us. The windows in the rooms are massive. Floor to ceiling and spanning the entire wall. This fills both rooms with plenty of natural light. Alternatively, the curtains are very heavy, and powered by a switch on the wall - very nice touch! The lights have a panel, with presets for different times of the day, that set the lights in the entire suite to appropriate levels.

The bed was very comfortable, with Bose radio on the nightstand, and a bottle of Fiji every night. The bathroom had a small glass enclosed shower, and a standard sized bathtub. This was a little disappointing that the size of these two didn't match the rest of the suite. The bath amenities were all private label, and standard. No expensive labels or exotic scents here. The bath robes and towels were all very soft, and you never wanted to leave them.

We recommend using the house cars to take you somewhere close. We were able to use them since we were in a suite, but we got the feeling that they may not be strict about that. Having a chauffeured, fully loaded Audi drive you around Chicago is the level of luxury you would expect from a five-star hotel.

I mentioned that we booked with Virtuoso. This got us the upgrade, a spa credit, and breakfast each morning. $30 per person per day via room service might not get you everything, but it will get you plenty, including the crab eggs Benedict, which were very good. Our spa day was unparalleled, but for that, you'll have to read my review for that.

Bottom line, you get what you pay for, in this case, that's a lot, and it's good!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for taking the time to post a detailed review of your recent stay. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and that you would recommend your experience.

I look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Stayed one night in this hotel. The check in was amazing, I have been given water and refreshment towel, very nice after a flight.
The room was HUGE, it looks like a prada or gucci store, very modern and chic. An amazing view on the city and the bathroom was very impressive with lots of space. The turn down service was really nice, i wish i could have stayed longer in this hotel.
Had a drink at the bar, on 36 floor, it's nice but only if you get a chance to have a table near the window to enjoy the view

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago.

I look forward to an opportunity to welcome your return to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago in the near future.