“Fantastic hotel”

Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago
Ranked #26 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 16, 2012

One of the best hotels we have stayed in.the rooms were fantastic and the staff very friendly,nothing was a problem
We travelled with 3 children and we all loved it.

• Stayed: March 2012
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago with your family and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am delighted to read that you would recommend our hotel, and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome your return.

Once again, thank you for your comments and for choosing to spend your time with us.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

One of the best hotels in Chicago, where almost every detail is thought of. The hotel is a bright and modern building with luxurious rooms and a magnificent spa on the 16th floor, with top of the art gym equipments and a very nice pool with big windows overlooking Michigan Ave and the river. Everything was almost perfect except when we ordered in room dining one night we were too tired to go out, and since I wanted a light meal I ordered tea, some toast, greek yogurt with honey and cookie almonds on the side that never came! When the waiter brought the trolley, he simply left it in the room without even assembeling the side flaps so the table had more dining space. We had to figure our selfs how to do it. When it came to sitting there was only one chair in the room, wich was strange because there was a full kitchen with all the appliances but no where to sit or eat you meals other than a work desk on the corner of the living room. I had to sit on the edge of the sofa and make may way looking over the table because I was so low. When I wanted to eat my yogurt I found out they sent it plain without the honey or the almond cookies on the side, so I called room service and asked them to bring the rest of my order that was missing. Time went by I waited, waited... and finaly went to bed and no one came or even called to give any satisfaction about our order. For a luxury hotel with standarts supposed to be the best, it was quite disappointing to have such careless service towards their guests. I did mention this the next day to the reception and only an empty appology was given.
Mr Trump, is that the kind of treatment to expect at one of your hotels?

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vsilva
Reviewed May 15, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at the Trump for our anniversary and with our kids several times, and we always look forward to our next stay. The decor is chic yet comfortable, the views are spectacular and the service is excellent. We stayed in a suite and easily got a 4 pm check out.The hotel is immaculate and the spa, pool and restaurant facilities are great. The chef at Sixteen is new and the food and cocktails are outstanding. Since moving to the Chicago suburbs from New York City, this restaurant has become our new favorite. The flavors and inventiveness of the drinks make us feel like we are back home.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued loyalty to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I am delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and consider our hotel to be one of your favorite destinations in Chicago; I am very pleased to read your positive feedback.

Thank you for recommending your experiences and I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

The facilities and services at the hotel are truly five-star, but it was the service provided by the hotel staff that made our stay extra special.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, services and facilities and I know my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago in the very near future.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

Stayed in this hotel for 3 days and everything in this hotel is well managed.
Liked the small things like an umbrella in the room for when it rains and very good lights and light-switches and on check-in you can choose which newspaper will be delivered to your room.
Very good location. Close to the magnificent mile and the loop.

Possible improvement: In my room there was no suitcase holder.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
TrumpHotel, Vice President, Managing Director at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your current stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and that you would recommend your experience. I look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

3 night stay at Trump in May

Very nice high end property in a very great location for walking the city.

Hit or miss with service staff at front desk, most are friendly but a few are not.

I was really turned off by a gentleman at the front desk who refused to extend our check out by 2 hours. He was a real jerk and does not understand hospitality at all. He was condescending and arrogant.

Donald needs to say " YOUR FIRED" to that jerk.

Keep in mind when we arrived for our guaranteed 3pm check in on day one the room was not ready so we were asked by the manager to "hang out". We said sure not to worry.
This was the only reason I felt they should extend a courtesy 2 hours upon our departure. To be fair to the hotel, the manager called me 15 minutes after the "incident" and said they would honor a 2 hour extension. At this point it was too late and we already felt kicked out.

Day 1 - My shower handle fell off in my hand and I could not turn off the cold water, on top of that the floor drain was clogged and wouldn't drain. I had a real mess while trying to get ready for a dinner meeting. I called the front desk for help and they asked if I wanted a plumber to come up and fix it, but having only an hour to shower, dress and get to my meeting I could not afford to have a plumber come out and check out the situation, It was clearly not an easy fix so I asked to move nearby if possible.

After about 25min sitting in the room waiting, I was shown to a new room located on the spa floor, I guess they call that an upgrade from my original room on the 19th floor but I would have preferred to stay on the 19th floor as I had two closets a microwave, ref ridge, stove and a fully stocked kitchenette plus my traveling companion was next door. Well all of that was convenient for about 45 mins.

On to the 14th floor " spa rooms"

The spa room was a joke in my opinion and should be the run of the house category.
I didn't complain I just took the room and made the best of it.

The next day I attempt to use my in room "spa bathtub" but the drain does not close properly and can not hold water. That was lame, I took a shower instead and while I was out for the day they came and fixed it. I bet that bath would be awesome, sorry I missed it.

****Super noisy room

Tip...Avoid any room near 1416 on the spa floor - there is a janitorial or service station door across the hallway that slams at least every 30 minutes if not more often all night long and it's very loud. I can't believe this has never been addressed but it's awful.

Simple observation........The door staff is MIA more than they are at the door, I think their goal is to open the door and greet guests as they come and go. We opened the door ourselves 9 out of 10 times and never saw a doorman.

On the brighter side, the upstairs lobby bar was fantastic and their limo service to airport was easily arranged by the concierge who was pleasant. I'd say overall my experience was a 3 star A-OK. As the one in charge of booking the hotels I'd book elsewhere next time for the sake of my employees and myself.

In Chicago I'd recommend both the Park Hyatt or Pennisula on NOMI. Their Hospitality shines through much better and they treat guests like they are in their home.

The "H" in Hospitality was missing at Trump. I wanted to give them a try and I'm glad I did but now feel like been there done that rather than the need to be loyal.

Room Tip: avoid rooms 1400- 1420 on the spa floor, the service room for housekeeping is very loud, door slams...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank RAY O
Reviewed May 7, 2012

My fiance and I stayed here for a long weekend in the city. Great location for shopping and attractions. We had a great veiw of the water and sunset. The service was great and the staff were very helpful. I would recommed the Trump to anyone.

Room Tip: The higher the better!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on Trip Advisor.

I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and that you are considering returning. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.