Our family decided to have a stay-cation in downtown Chicago over the St. Patrick's Day weekend. Keep in mind that we already had several things going against a relaxing weekend...our two-year old son, the unusual warm weather in Chicago this past weekend (large crowds of people everywhere), and the drunken debauchery that one would expect during such a celebration.
We arrived at the hotel at about 10am, expecting simply to park at the hotel and then return later in order to check in at 3pm. As soon as we told the valet attendants that we would be checking to the hotel, they immediately helped to get us situated with our luggage. When we checked in, we decided to upgrade from our deluxe room to the executive suite on the 25th floor--this was a great choice. The best thing about it was that we could check in right away...we didn't have to wait! We had the city, lake and river view. We were also at eye-level with the clock atop the Wrigley building...not to mention the fact that we watched as the boat crews were coloring the river green! We had the best view from our room!
The room was great...it was decorated nicely, the bed was comfortable, the kitchen area had everything we needed, including a refrigerator that was large and an ice-box with an ice-maker. I will agree with other reviews that it is a little odd that the bathroom door does not close all the way...it leaves about an inch and a half gap due to the placement of the door. We overlooked that feature quickly and were able to enjoy all of the other great features of the room...primarily the floor to ceiling windows...that in and of itself entertained our two year old to no end...it was great.
Aside from the amenities (pool area and exercise rooms are nice and complementary to all guests)...what was most important to us were the noise level at night and the staff. It was important that our son could sleep at night without being disturbed...we didn't hear a sound ...it was great! Also, the great, friendly staff made our stay absolutely enjoyable. Anything that we requested or inquired about was immediately addressed.
This hotel is probably one of the nicest we have stayed at, and the staff was the most professional and courteous that we have experienced.
Also, as far as hotel food is concerned, we ate at the hotel's restaurant twice...it is pricey, but the quality was exquisite. No complaints on any of it...
All and all, if you can afford it, I would highly recommend dishing out the money for this hotel. We had a lovely time and will certainly choose the Trump hotels in Chicago and other cities as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Poised along the Chicago River at the juncture of the Loop and North Michigan Avenue, Trump International Hotel & Tower® Chicago is downtown’s most enviable address. The Chicago boutique hotel joins a list of landmarks, including the Magnificent Mile, Chicago River and Millennium Park. Soaring 92 stories, the structure of polished stainless steel and iridescent-tinted glass is a showcase of bold style and engaging design. Inside this luxurious hotel, impeccable style and spectacular four star services define the experience. Guests will enjoy a higher level of luxury with unrivalled hospitality and detail-oriented amenities, including personal attaché service. 339 graciously appointed guestrooms and suites await, with custom designed furnishings, floor-to-ceiling windows and fully equipped kitchens. Our signature, Michelin rated restaurant, Sixteen, features elegant, modern-American cuisine, complemented by sweeping lake, river, and city views. For an important occasion, the sophisticated surroundings of the Grand Ballroom or Conference Rooms will offer the perfect venue to make a lasting impression. The 23,000 sq. ft. Spa at Trump features an array of four star services with treatment rooms and spa hotel suites overlooking the Chicago skyline. All within walking distance to the best of downtown Chicago, from the exclusive shops on Michigan Avenue to the historic sites along the Riverwalk. An icon of definitive luxurious style, the Trump Chicago Hotel® brings sophistication and elegance to the heart of Chicagoland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trump International Hotel And Tower Chicago
- Trump International Hotel Chicago
- Trump International Chicago