“Impeccable service, rooms just good”

Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago
Ranked #23 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Stayed here for one night. Chose the Trump Int'l Hotel & Tower because it was across the street from a restaurant where we were meeting family. The service at this place was spot on. Literally five minutes after check in, the doormen, concierge and front desk staff was calling us my name. They handed my boys Trump Hotel, Chicago baseball caps on the way to the elevator and were gracious without being gratuitous. We were in room 1429, a spa room which means big bathroom I think. The room itself was done in a more contemporary way than I typically like - more like the Park Hyatt Chicago than the Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton. There were coffee stains on the end tables, but other than that, the room appeared clean and well kept. My absolute biggest issue with the room was the all the gadgetry. Never did figure out how to turn on or off the bathroom lights. The phone only worked as a speaker phone. Curtains open with buttons. A heavy, frosted sliding glass door to the bathroom that didn't shut completely. But back to the service - turndown was perfect, leaving popcorn, root beer and water. Upon leaving, the valet brought our car and it had four bottles of cold water, one in each cup holder. All inexpensive touches, but certainly nothing that I seen at the Park Hyatt or Four Seasons in Chicago. Room was $475 for a Sunday night in keeping with other hotels of a similar brand. After *many* contiguous nights at the PH and FH in the past, they had no idea who I was or cared to be bothered. Bring someone tech-savvy to figure out the room, or take the time to ask the bellman, and all will be good.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank detroitmom
TrumpHotel, General Manager at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for such a warm review of your recent stay with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago; I am very pleased to learn that you hold such fond memories of your stay.

We are most appreciative of your acknowledgment that our hotel services and facilities far exceed that which you have experience elsewhere, and that you would not chose to stay at any other Hotel while in Chicago.

I do look forward to welcoming you all back to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago once again.

Vice President & Managing Director

Write a ReviewReviews (2,758)

Reviewed May 3, 2011

Great suite (900ft²), booked through What A Hotel.com. Overall price ended up being very reasonable. We had the most fantastic rooms with views towards Lake Michigan a downtown. What A Hotel also provided some credit for hotel restaurant, which meant we paid almost nothing for breakfast during stay.

The hotel has excellent spa/gym facilities. Pool is a decent size. Changing rooms well serviced.

Concierge staff polite and friendly, particularly to our 6-year old.

Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family

Dear Guest-

I am very pleased to read how much you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. Thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to recommend your experience on TripAdvisor.

We take great pleasure in ensuring our younger guests are also made to feel special so I am delighted to read your positive feedback from your 6 year old and very pleased they thoroughly enjoyed their stay with us too.

Reviewed May 2, 2011

We had a suite with a full kitchen, living room, huge bedroom and two baths. The floor to ceiling windows provided great views. Service was impeccable. We just went for a local staycation, do some shopping and dine at some restaurants. Excellent getaway.

Pool area was typical hotel. Wish they had a whirlpool. I know lap swimmers prefer a cooler pool temperature, but for kids and parents (over a weekend) a little warmer would have been nice.

Sunday brunch was excellent and worth it. Rebar was great for a drink. Room service was excellent (actually one of the best of everywhere we stay) with many fun and interesting items available (great desserts).

I would recommend this to a business traveler or a family looking to see Chicago (American Girl Doll bags were everywhere this particular weekend).

Room Tip: Call in-house reservations and talk to them.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago for your staycation with your family and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am delighted to read that you would recommend our hotel, and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome your return.

Once again, thank you for your comments and for choosing to spend your time with us.

Reviewed April 25, 2011

My husband had been staying at the Trump International for a few nights for business purposes before I decided to join him. He's a frequent guest at hotels with very high standards, so when he raved about the accomodations, I knew it had to be great and I was not disappointed upon our arrival. The hotel is located very close to lots of shopping, public transportation, good restaurants and even Union Station. The hotel is a 5 star and everything was absolutely luxorious. The spa was fabulous, the gym was great and the room was extremely comfortable. Free and fast wifi was great, wonderful selection of television channels, a DVD player, Boise system with an iPod attachment. Room service was great and fairly priced. Views were wonderful of the lake and every amenity was great and replenished often, even before we had run out. We always enjoy our time in Chicago, but the Trump International really made it a much more enjoyable and luxorious trip. The hotel is very big, and nearly every hotel employee remembered our name and greeted us whenever we passed. Although we didn't travel with children, we did notice that kids get a "Trump Kids" bag, which was filled with lots of little goodies. The front desk staff, the cleaning staff, conceirge and bellman are all top notch, and although I like to try different hotels, I'm going to stick with Trump as my preferred Chicago hotel. My husband left again this morning for another business trip with a stay at The Trump and I'm highly jealous. Also....you should definetly consider eating at nearby "The Goat and The Girl" which was fabulous dining and only a $5 cab ride from the Trump. Don't hesistate to book here, you will be very glad you did.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank InternationalAhole
TrumpHotel, General Manager at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago on TripAdvisor. I would also like to thank you for your loyalty to our hotel brand. I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, services and facilities and I know my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you, your husband and children back to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago in the very near future.

Reviewed April 17, 2011

We have stayed at Trump towers several times, but this was by far our best visit. I was traveling alone with my 3 boys 13, 10, and 4. Upon arrival they welcomed us with trump kid's clubs baseball caps. We had a suite which had a bedroom with a kingsize bed and then a living area with a pull out couch, full kitchen and, 2 bathrooms. The master bathroom has a tv built into the mirror and I never have had 3 boys fighting over who was going to take a bath next. The room was very spacious with great views and floor to ceiling windows.
The kids arrived back from dinner in the evening to beautiful hand-dipped chocolate cookie creations with milk. They also have kids size bath robes and slippers.

They have a great pool and a nice workout area. The staff is attentive and prompt when you ask for service.

Previously, we would book at the Four Seasons, but since the arrival of Trump, we have been staying here and have been very pleased with the level of service.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
TrumpHotel, General Manager at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to learn how much you and your 3 boys enjoy your stay with us. I sincerely appreciate your comments concerning the attention we pay towards our trump kids and we understand the importance this plays in ensuring your vacation experience exceeds your expectations.

Once again, thank you for continuing to chose to stay at Trump. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back for another visit in the very near future.

Reviewed April 17, 2011

This hotel has some of the nicest rooms I've ever been in. We had a room with a view of the Chicago River and Lake Michigan and the bathroom was all marble. The bed was comfortable and the resaurant in the hotel was great for breakfast. We were in Chicago to see the Cubs game and to see The Blue Man Group so we were just there for the week-end but it was a great trip. This hotel is so beautiful I highly recommend it if you're going to be in Chicago anytime soon.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view!
  • Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for recommending Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago on TripAdvisor and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to read your positive comments about the room and overall experience in Sixteen Restaurant.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago once again.

Reviewed April 11, 2011

This hotel was right on with what you would expect from a Trump Hotel. I will note that the decor is a bit "grey", but other than that, the room was comfortable and spacious. The staff was nice, and you could tell they were trying to provide that 5 star service, but it just seemed like they were a little hesitant. A good example is the extremely shy housekeepers. I would definately reccomend anyone stay here however.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and that you are considering returning. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.