“Great Location!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
United States
“Great Location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2011

This hotel has some of the nicest rooms I've ever been in. We had a room with a view of the Chicago River and Lake Michigan and the bathroom was all marble. The bed was comfortable and the resaurant in the hotel was great for breakfast. We were in Chicago to see the Cubs game and to see The Blue Man Group so we were just there for the week-end but it was a great trip. This hotel is so beautiful I highly recommend it if you're going to be in Chicago anytime soon.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view!
  • Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TrumpHotel, General Manager at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, April 19, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for recommending Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago on TripAdvisor and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to read your positive comments about the room and overall experience in Sixteen Restaurant.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago once again.

Vice President & Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (636)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2011

This hotel was right on with what you would expect from a Trump Hotel. I will note that the decor is a bit "grey", but other than that, the room was comfortable and spacious. The staff was nice, and you could tell they were trying to provide that 5 star service, but it just seemed like they were a little hesitant. A good example is the extremely shy housekeepers. I would definately reccomend anyone stay here however.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and that you are considering returning. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.

Minocqua, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2011

This was our second stay at the Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago. We stayed 4 nights this time and enjoyed it as much as the first time.
We have a 2.5 year old boy and a 4 month old girl and the hotel staff made the stay very easy by providing pretty much anything you need. Infant bathtub, bottle warmer and a proper crib not just a pack & play. We also used the hotel offered Nanny service one evening and it worked out great. The Nanny was very nice and our 2.5 year old loved her.
Everybody in the hotel knew our kids names and treated them very well. Maximilian, our 2.5 year old boy did not want to leave.
All services are totally geared to make everybody happy and everybody takes special care of kids which makes the parents happy, too.
The food is exceptional and we especially enjoyed the Room Service breakfast. Since I am Bavarian, I went for the Bavarian Breakfast and it was more than I expected. Very high quality charcuterie (cold cuts) and cheeses as well as a range of different breads.

All in all, A VERY EXCLUSIVE AND FRIENDLY PLACE TO STAY WITH ALL THE AMENTIES AND SERVICES YOU CAN THINK OF.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TrumpHotel, General Manager at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, April 12, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to learn how much you, your wife, and children enjoy your stay with us. I sincerely appreciate your comments concerning the attention we pay towards your young Trump travelers and we understand the importance this plays in ensuring your stay experience exceeds your expectations.

Once again, thank you for continuing to chose to stay at Trump. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back for your fourth visit in the very near future.

Lausanne, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2011

The hotel is modern and perfectly equipped with business center and gym.
Service was friendly and efficient however one person at the front office failed to account correctly for the invoice which has been paid cash and thus 10 days later the amount was still on my credit card which resulted in a blocking of the card in the end.

Besides that the rooms the rooms are spacious and modern, including a small kitchen and an extensive mini bar.

Concierge service was one of the best I have ever seen.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. While I am very happy to read your positive comments, I would like to extend my sincere apologies that you were left to feel disappointed by the amount of time the charge was still placed on your card. I can appreciate what a nuisance this was for you.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your husband back to our hotel in the near future.

USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2011

Decided on short notice to take my teenage daughters to Chicago for a 4 day weekend. Hotel availability was low and prices high due to a huge convention, but was shocked to find a room at Trump for $395/nt; no more than the Westin, so booked a Queen/Queen City View Studio. Upon arrival the bell staff and reception staff were very warm and friendly yet very professional. Whisked up to our huge 600 sq ft "room" on a high floor; extremely impressive with very luxurious furnishings, a kitchenette, and a beautiful bathroom. Perhaps most impressive was the view; a spectacular panorama of city, river and lake (not sure if this was an upgrade or just a magnificent city view!). The flawless service continued throughout the stay, and daughters loved the personalized pink stationary and 'in residence' business cards they sent up to the room. Concierge was very helpful in finding us tickets to the second city improv show, and even managed to add on additional tickets to a sold-out show when two friends decided to join us. Very impressed with this property; will definitely try to stay again when we return to Chicago!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TrumpHotel, General Manager at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, March 30, 2011
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to learn you and your daughters enjoyed your stay with us and that you are considering returning for future stays. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.

Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2011

Last trip to Chicago, I stayed at the Palomar based upon TripAdvisor's recommendations. I found the room cozy and the staff friendly/helpful. It was a block away from a conference I attended as well. The wine hour and breakfast were nice touches at the Palomar.

This time, I decided to try Trump International Hotel. The location was far superior to that of the Palomar's with engaging views of the River and skyline. The architecturally striking Trump hotel was within walking distance of most attractions.

Every convenience was at this hotel from a television in the bathroom mirror to a phone near the toilet (I didn't use either but think this would be appealing to most people). My only criticism was that the bed was too soft for me. Pillow service was available, but I did not use it.

Morning gourmet tea and coffee were available near the elevators. The room had tea and a coffeemaker too. I also appreciated the kitchenette in the room to reheat leftovers from a restaurant or to microwave water for tea. A welcoming box of chocolates on the bed was a nice touch.

I did not use the fitness center, but it was much more impressive than the Palomar's, as was the large indoor poo, which I did use. There was a spa and lockeroom with a steamroom and sauna.

At the recommendation of staff, I took the architectural boat tour of the Historical Society. I would have to say that the architectural boat tour of the Architectural School, which I took last visit, was better.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TrumpHotel, General Manager at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, April 1, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to return to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago during your recent trip to Chicago. I appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your stay with us.

I have noted your comments regarding the bed being too soft and would be more than happy to provide you with a firmer mattress upon your next visit.

We look forward to the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel and welcome you back to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago in the near future.

Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2011

We've stayed at some of the nicest hotels in Chicago and this is our new favorite. The service is absolutely off the charts superb. From the doorman, to the reception, to the spa, to housekeeping... they are impeccable. We had a couple of very minor issues with our room (a prior guest pulled the drape off the track so it wasn't opening and closing with the automatic switch. They also lit the battery operated candle in the bathroom!) and they were fixed IMMEDIATELY. We were upgraded to a Spa Room on the 14th floor and it's lovely. Spa amenities in the bathroom and even a towel warmer in our room. Complimentary water (thanks for not charging me $5 to open the room water, just be careful not to accidentally open the "Bling" brand water... that'll run you $25 a bottle.) and chocolates at turn down service. Sixteen Restaurant is DIVINE. We couldn't be happier.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TrumpHotel, General Manager at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this review, March 24, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago.

I am very pleased to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that you regard our hotel to be the best hotels in Chicago. Thank you sincerely for commending our service team in this regard. Your kind recognition will be very well received.

I look forward to an opportunity to welcome your return to Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago in the near future.