“Great food”

Devon Seafood Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Devon Seafood Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #236 of 10,110 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Gold Coast
Cross street: Wabash
Transit: Red Line "L" (Chicago/State)
Description: With an indulgent menu focused on superior quality seafood, Devon Seafood Grill crafts its dishes with exacting standards & pampers its guests in a comfortable atmosphere. Featuring a generous cellar selection, an oyster bar & creative cuisine, Devon delivers culinary excellence at a surprising value.
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We have eaten here 3 times - once a year for the past three years on our annual trip for my daughter's birthday. The food has always been very good. She is not a seafood fan and the steaks are excellent and nicely prepared. I've had crab cakes and scallops and steak and they were all very good. Our service has always been top notch, with the exception of this past visit (12/28). Our waiter started suggesting many different seafood appetizers and when I politely turned them down he stated "well, why don't you tell me what you DO like so I don't have to keep suggesting things you DON'T want", which I would have preferred from the beginning. It was rather annoying and not a good way to start out a special dinner. Regardless of that, the food was excellent as always and the atmosphere is relaxed and beautiful. Perhaps with a bit of sensitivity training, the one waiter who was annoyed and annoying would do a better job. We will be back.

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Great great drinks. Friendly staff. Beautiful food presentation and it tastes great. Romantic private area for 2 to 4 people. I will come back.

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stumbled across Devon Seafood Grill and I'm delighted we did. Both food and service was excellent. The crab cakes were to die for! We had a wonderful meal, no room for dessert. Wine list was also good and decently priced.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

We had a lovely meal here recently. I had crab cakes (recommended by our waiter) and hubby had a shrimp and filet dish. Both were excellent. Wine list was decent. With salad and two glasses of wine our meal came to about $140 for two. My only complaint: we were there to relax but felt very rushed. I was about halfway through my salad when the entree arrived.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

We started with drinks at the bar and the service was perfect. Than we were shown to our table which turned out to be in a quiet romantic alcove. Our server was very helpful in describing the choices. Hubby had blue point oysters and ahi tuna which he said was best ever. I had black grouper with asparagus and roasted potatoes. Both plates were empty at the end!!!! Finished with a capuccino- no room for desert. Would highly recommend if you are looking for seafood. We enjoyed so much looked at the lunch menu and are going there today for lunch!!

Been to Devon Seafood Grill? Share your experiences!