“Wonderful tour, even for teen boys!”

Chicago Line Cruises
Book In Advance
More Info
$48.16*
and up
Chicago Architectural River Cruise
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Offering Architectural Cruises, covering the north and south branches of the Chicago River, Historical Lake and River, Cocktail Cocktail Cruises and Firework Cruise offered in the evening, all cruises are 90 minutes, and have complimentary Starbucks Coffee and soft drinks.
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Amazing architecture cruise and incredible tour guide who spoke NON-STOP for 90 minutes. A bit pricey (but cheaper than the other options) and worth it! Even the teen boys were fascinated by the history and explanation (especially references to the Dark Knight movie). My younger "slacker" one even answered the guide's question correctly on an architect's name - which proved he was paying attention.

Getting the tickets on-line was difficult. The website kept hanging and you get a $2 discount per ticket if you buy on-line ($38 adults, $20 kids). They were able to honor the price over the phone - and had the tickets ready when I got there.

We arrived a few minutes before the tour started and got great seats. Of course, it was November. We lucked out on a beautiful, warm-ish day. Bring a heavy coat. I would not go if you had to sit inside - you wouldn't be able to properly appreciate the buildings or see the Guide's animated expressions. An added bonus was the included Starbucks coffee, cocoa, cookies and muffins.

1  Thank Duke4inNC
There are newer reviews for Chicago Line Cruises

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We did the architecture cruise . Was so good albeit freezing cold but the tour guide was so knowledgable and very pleasant to listen too . The tour lasted about 2 hours and free coffee/tea muffins and cookies . Well worth the money and wonderful Chicago city views .

1  Thank Jettsetter
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Really good tour, luckily we where blessed with a really warm October afternoon, so really pleasant way to spend a couple of hours. Tour guide lady (sorry forgot your name) was really knowledgeable and could talk for Chicago, don't believe she took an intake of breath during the tour. This must be one of the best ways to get to see the architecture of Chicago
Complimentary coffee / tea/ water & cookies below deck, Good value ...give it a go

Reviewed October 15, 2012

The Chicago Lines Cruises architectual tour along the Chicago River was recommended to me by my hotel as being the best on offer, and it is excellent. The commentator was an architect and was both knowledgeable and enthusiastic. In my opinion the trip was very good value, and my only complaint was that the boat was fairly crowded, making moving around, and even taking good photographs, difficult at times. Complimentary cookies and coffee are provided. There is a rest room on board. Take warm clothes.

1  Thank Reconnoiterer
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Reservations were made some weeks ahead for my group of 3 , as 1 of us is an Architect , and myself beeing a Civil Engineer .
The cruise took us along the urban part of Chicago River , both North and South of Chicago .
Gordon , an old and good humoured guy introduced Chicago , for 1 1/2 hour , as we were sailing along the buildings and skyscrappers next to the chanellized river of Chicago (by the way : Gordon told us that Chicago in the old indian language means Stinking omnions ...) .
Time and money was well spent .
I reccomend !

Been to Chicago Line Cruises? Share your experiences!