“A little gem”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Cross street: Between Balbo Ave & Harrison St
Transit: Harrison (Red Line) Harold Washington Library (Brown Line, Orange Line, Pink Line, Purple Line) Jackson-Red (Red Line)
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Our hotel concierge recommended this place and it was less than a five minute walk from the Hilton Chicago. Calm and cozy atmosphere, reasonable prices for large servings, extensive menu, and the best sesame chicken I've ever tasted. This is authentic fresh Asian food. The crab Rangoon was tasty as well. The only reason I only gave it 4 stars was because our waiter was "odd". Although quick and efficient, he had no personality whatsoever. But I certainly would go again!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We wanted to have dinner at an Asian restaurant near our hotel.The hotel staff recommended Tamarind. I came here with my husband and 2 kids. The decor was very nice and the service was good.We really liked the cream cheese wontons. The kids liked the udon noodle dish they had. I was not a big fan of the Kung Pao Chicken. Overall, the food was average, but the atmosphere and the staff was great.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

excellent food and superb presentation
Service was very efficient.
Bit expensive but the food was Worth it.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We wanted a nice Asian restaurant not far from Palmer House Hotel.
We were recommended this place and we were glad we went there.
Extensive Asian menu - Chinese, Thai, Japanese dishes. Everything we tried was delicious. Good wine selection also. Portions were large. Service - very attentive.
Great find of a restaurant!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

South Loop...I must admit that I was a little nervous walking down Wabash from the city center. Pleasant decor, very friendly staff...didn't wait for a table. (There was outdoor seating.). Great trans-Asia menu...be prepared for large servings (sorry that our hotel room didn't have a mini fridge.

But the best part of the restaurant was that you could carry on a quiet conversation with your dinner companions.