“Love Chicago and the Guest House”

Chicago Guest House
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Originally from the Chicago area, we decided to make our family wedding an extended family visit. The accomodations were perfect: clean, convenient, comfortable, and charming. Teri and her group thought of everything...good coffee, great assortment of Tazo teas, all the cleaning supplies (detergent for washer etc.), shampoo, even umbrellas. Everything from the furniture to the bedding was tasteful and comfortable. LOCATION was terific...right by Wrigley, walked to a winning game and the El is right there so it is so easy to get anywhere downtown.
Thank you...we really enjoyed the neighborhood too!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 12, 2012

I just got back home from spending the weekend in the city and staying at this wonderful guest house. My friends and I came in on Friday for the North Halstead street Market Days city festival and I was immediately pleased and quite impressed when we checked in to the Lakeview Suite. I Loved (with a capital "L") everything about the flat; from the kitchen with its stainless steel appliances and granite counters to the bathrooms (my favorite was the one which featured fixtures from Restoration Hardware), to the dining room with the antique sideboard to the living room and my bedroom with that oh-so-comfy bed! I've also got to say that I'm taking away some nice decorating ideas that I plan to use in my own home.

My friends and I enjoyed making a full breakfast on Saturday morning and sitting around the table where we fell into easy conversation; catching up with each other over a simple yet elegant meal. The location was perfect and it was convenient to be able to walk nearly everywhere we wanted to go.

In my opinion Chicago Guest House offers stellar accomodations and I look forward to staying in the Lakeview Suite again. I will definitely recommend this place to all of my friends.

Room Tip: The Lakeview Suite is on the third floor which limits the amount of sound from people taking the sta...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 9, 2012

This place is really nice. We had a great time. We wanted to stay somewhere outside of the loop to avoid crowds and expensive hotels, but still wanted to be accessible to everything. This worked perfectly. There are two 'L' lines (red and brown) within a couple blocks, and it's just 20-30 to get downtown. Definitely would come back if I had the opportunity.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We loved the Clark Suite on Newport Ave.! It was perfect for 3 couples exploring the city. We found the 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, and well-appointed common areas very comfortable. Although we enjoyed the easy acces to downtown Chicago on the Brown Line, we appreciated being in the charming neighborhood surrounding the unit. We would definitely use this venue for our next large group trip to Chicago. Thanks!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at Henderson. It is located just steps from the action on Southport, but it is tucked away on a quite street. The place was clean and fairly spacious, perfect for four people but it might be tight for six. The Southport EL stop is right around the corner so you can hop on the Brown Line and get downtown in less than 15 minutes. We really enjoyed the outdoor space also, the garden and patio is very nice.

We plan to make this an annual trip and stay at Henderson again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I was in Chicago with 5 other teammates for volleyball tournament and all 6 of us stayed here (1216 W. Newport Ave.) for 3 nights. Just a note, we usually just stay at hotels when we travel for tournaments throughout the Country. And thanks to Teri, I don't think we will ever stay at another hotel. The place was very spacious, clean, and in a great location only 4 short blocks to Wrigley Field and the train station. Only 30 Min from the O'Hare airport. We had 6 adult males and we had more than enough room. The kitchen was great and there is a food store a few blocks away and we were able to make our own dinner to cut down on the eating out costs. They have a beautiful back yard to include an awesome WEBER grill. What rental has that? This place felt more like a home than a rental. My entire team already said we are looking forward to next years tournament because we are going to stay here again. WOW!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Anyone planning a vacation to the City of Chicago and looking for a place to stay,please look no further! My wife, 2 kids and I stayed at the Addison Suite on Newport Ave from June 13-19... It was a wonderful experience! From the cleanliness of the suite to the attention to detail (Teri and her team have seriously thought of everything) to the supberb customer service we experienced every step of the way, this will be the only place we will stay when we visit Chicago from now on! The location is perfect; Walking distance to neighborhood restaurants, CTA, and pretty much anything you can think of, it felt like we were at our home away from home! We are looking forward to visiting again next year and will only stay at Teri's beautiful property!

The Serrano Family- Las Vegas, NV