“Great Location - Great Apartment”

Chicago Guest House
Reviewed March 21, 2012

My wife and I and my brother and his wife stayed in the Belmont Suite for 3 days. It was just terrific. Everything that we could want was there in the apartment. It was very well decorated and very comfortable. We had a garage in which to park our car, which is very important in Chicago. It is located near the L, but not too close. Many wonderful restaurants and shops nearby and it is not too far from Lake Michigan. Teri, the owner, was very easy to work with - no fuss. We definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Chicago Guest House

Reviewed March 6, 2012

I would recommend staying here above any other location in the area. It is positioned directly between the Brown & Red Lines so getting into the city is very easy. It is just a couple short blocks from Wrigley Park so during baseball season it is an ideal location. There are bunch of fun bars on Clark just down the street.

The cleaning staff are among the most friendly people I have met in Chicago and went above and beyond the call of duty during my stay there to make sure I was comfortable and enjoying my stay. They even helped me track down a lost item after my month-long stay there.

The house itself is absolutely beautiful and is GREAT VALUE for the $ you spend. The owner is quick in email or phone communication and I assure you that you will be pleasantly surprised by the quality of your stay here. I hope I didn't set expectations too high, even though I assure you that it will live up to them.

-Kevin

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kevin H
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I stayed at Chicago Guest House for an entire month. i was brand new to Chicago and everything i needed to feel at home was in place. Towels, soaps, laundry with detergents. I have nothing but positive things to say. The street is very nice, nothing but beautiful brownstones. Best of all there is a Whole Foods and a dry cleaner within walking distance!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 17, 2012

From our initial inquiry to our actual stay was fantastic. Chicago Guest House (Lakeview Suite) was warm, inviting, well stocked and a wonderful change from a boring hotel! I would absolutely recommend it …great way to spend time with friends visiting a city.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I've gone on several girls weekends to Chicago over the past few years, and we always stay in Teri's apartments. I think that I've seen all of them, at this point, and I honestly can't say which I like best. As someone who rents out vacation property myself, I know how hard it can be, and she is the best at it. All of the apartments are really beautifully furnished, immaculately kept up, and have thoughtful touches throughout. The kitchens all have everything you could need, and everything looks like it's been taken right out of a beautiful magazine. I have been recommending the apartments to anyone I know, and am looking forward to heading back with a group of my friends again in April. I know that I won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: I like all of the apartments, but probably my favorite building is Newport!
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Becky2010
Reviewed December 17, 2011

Very clean. Plenty of great towels. Comfy beds and pillows.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 16, 2011

Would recommend Chicago Guest House to anyone looking for smaller or larger group accomodations - great location, fabulous apartments and provides such a fun way to stay in the city. Vintage Chicago feel with great modern updates - and close to shopping, restaurants, transportation, etc.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends