“A must for breakfast”

Ranked #46 of 9,899 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Yolk is a breakfast & lunch restaurant. We use top quality ingredients & fresh produce to serve the best breakfast in Chicago! (BYOB)
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We heard many great things about Yolk so decided to give it a try and were very glad we did. The menu has a huge selection of breakfast choices including Banana Foster crepes. Yum! We were seated immediately and had coffee within about a minute of being seated. I had the Smoked Salmon scrambler which was served with 2 large pancakes and red potatoes. It was delicious. My son had a skillet breakfast which was also very tasty. The staff was very friendly and efficient. We all enjoyed it a lot and will definitely go back, again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,178)

Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

I loved this place. It's so bright and happy looking. The staff is so friendly and the service is great. I never had to ask for my coffee to be warmed and no one at the table ever waited for drink refills. The food was so good, made with what seems like the freshest ingredients. If you like blueberry pancakes, this is the place for you. Plus you get a personal, warm maple syrup container. There are also lunch items on the menu for non breakfast lovers in the group. Can't wait for my next trip to Chicago.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Even though I was staying in the southern end of the city, Yolk was a must to visit. Staff is super friendly and seating was comfortable. Went in by myself, so I did not have a wait and sat at the bar. Food was delicious, ordered an omelet with potatoes - definitely worth the trek.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Yolk was good but nothing to rave about.The egg white omelet was very good but the whole wheat pancakes dry and bitter.Two other orders of assorted pancakes were also average.The 3 star rating is also due to the attitude of the waitress.The restaurant was busy and she had a bit of an attitude, I asked for milk with my coffee instead of cream (annoyance) and made us wait after she poured the coffee. I hate cold coffee so this gave me an attitude! She huffed when we asked for a little more time to look at menu.Definitely not starting off on the right foot.would definitely recommend the Oak Tree Restaurant over Yolk.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

You could be waiting 30 minutes here for a table on weekends, but the wait is definitely worth it. The service and food is excellent, and a great selection on the menu to choose from. It has a great atmosphere. Well worth a visit.

Been to Yolk.? Share your experiences!