“worth the wait”

Ranked #39 of 9,883 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Yolk is a breakfast & lunch restaurant. We use top quality ingredients & fresh produce to serve the best breakfast in Chicago! (BYOB)
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Unique menu items. Sit at the counter and watch the prep. It's choreographed! Good value, too! Just don't plan on a leisurely brunch.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,177)

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We waited 45 minutes to get a table at 10am on a Saturday morning. The place was packed. We happened to be standing by the desk waiting for our name to be called - when we saw people who came in after us seated we stepped up to inquire. As it happened our name was crossed off in error. The girl seated us right away - she handled the situation well. The service was excellent and the food is plentiful. Although busy they did not rush us through the meal. Their attention to their customers is refreshing. A gal saw me fanning myself so she brought me a glass of ice and said she would adjust the air conditioning - I didn't comment on the heat she just noticed my discomfort - exceptional.
The food was good and I would say that the wait was fine. I however will say the the eggs benedict were not the best I have had - that title still belongs to Milestones Calgary and the Banff Springs Fairmont chain.:)

Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Went here for brunch and had seating within 10 min at 10am. The waitress was good to get refills quickly. I had the Hey Rickey! omelet with fresh fruit and wheat toast. I couldn't finish everything but it was all very good!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

The place was very busy but everyone from the hostess to the cooks provides a great experience. Our food was fantastic and my favorite for the entire trip.

1  Thank Jessie L
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I ate breakfast on a Sunday morning. The place was packed as I predicted. I could not get over how fast the cooks, servers, and manager worked. We sat at the bar and watched them all move quickly and efficiently. The manager was constantly urging them on in a positive way. It was totally impressive! I surely hope the food prep staff earns a better than average wage because they deserve it. My husband and I shared a Hey Ricky omelette. We still ended up leaving food. Serving sizes are huge! It was a delicious slightly spicy choice. I paid a bit extra to substitute blueberry crumble pancakes for their standard kind. Yum! Highly recommended!

Been to Yolk.? Share your experiences!