“Yummy”

Ranked #85 of 10,076 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Yolk is a breakfast & lunch restaurant. We use top quality ingredients & fresh produce to serve the best breakfast in Chicago! (BYOB)
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Food was very tasty; atmosphere is a bit stark but sunny. Great spot for breakfast or brunch. Wife had the three varieties of French toast; I had an omelet with fresh fruit and we shared. Made for one huge breakfast that lasted way past lunch time!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,180)

Reviewed February 12, 2013

The best breakfast in Chicago. They have all kinds of omelettes from regular two eggs to super spicy with avocado.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

You will enjoy everything you order. Pancakes, omelettes, specialty dishes. It is a comebacker place. Get their early and wait...your turn will come and you will go home very happy and full.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

WOW. Been here twice and it was sooooo goood. Wife had that french toast cinnamon roll. The cut the bottom into slices and french toast them and serve the "muffin top" on the side with a dollop of frosting. Hello sugar rush! I had the eggs Benedict, slightly less orgasmic but still good. And they have fresh squeezed OJ.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

My family and I ate here at the recommendation of a friend once on a Friday morning, once on Saturday morning. It was a very good call on our part.

On both occasions we were here, we lucked out and were seated immediately. Our water was brought right away and our server soon followed. The menu is extensive yet not overwhelming. There is a good selection of your standard egg/meat/potato selections as well as pancakes and waffles, frittas and skillets, omelets and benedicts. There is also a small soup and sandwich part of the menu.

We were very pleased with our orders every time. My omelet was stuffed with tomatoes, spinach, Italian sausage (the When in Rome omelet). My husband enjoyed his eggs benedict and my daughter LOVED her bacon waffle. On my other stop here, I was able to special request what was in my omelet The service was attentive and the staff friendly.

So, if you do find yourself waiting for a table, please wait. It will be well worth it.