“Best Breakfast in town”

Ranked #37 of 9,764 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Yolk is a breakfast & lunch restaurant. We use top quality ingredients & fresh produce to serve the best breakfast in Chicago! (BYOB)
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This place is AMAZING! If you go on a weekend expect to wait a while, but the food is absolutely worth it! And, the prices are SO reasonable! Two eggs, choice of meat, choice of toast or pancakes, and choice of fruit or fried potatoes - $7.79!!!!!!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Clean, great service and great food. Our group had several special requests that were accommodated with a smile and a "no problem" while it is hard to stand out as a breakfast spot, the variety and quality of the menu was exceptional. Great way to start the day.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We were twice in our trip. Both times our breakfast wast excelllent. We really recommend it because of attention and food quality.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Long wait (no chairs or benches to sit on while you wait), bad service, decent food. This place is obviously very crowded on a Sunday morning so expect to wait. We waited 45 minutes. Our server should be in any other industry but service. I asked for coffee and when she brought it she just set it down on the opposite side of table where there was an empty seat. Very strange. She brought no cream so when she passed by again I asked for some. I waited 10 minutes. Our food appeared but still no cream. I asked again. She brought it out 5 minutes later with the toast my friend was waiting patiently for so she could start eating her now-cold eggs. No water refills. She checked in with us when we were done eating and ready for the check. Of course, by that time you are just happy you are no longer starving and anxious to depart this very noisy, dish-clattering "we're the it place to eat breakfast so we really don't care if you're happy" restaurant. Then, you get to wait in line to pay a bill with the single register. Clearly this is a family-owned business with old-school tendencies which I can appreciate but it wouldn't kill them to trust another employee to operate a second register during their busy times. Not too mention their register area is right in the middle of all the commotion and all of the people standing there waiting to pay, picking up carry-out, and ordering coffee to go are really in the way of customers and servers alike. The highlight is their creative menu and their generous portions. I had the Zamboni crepes which were yummy. They came with a side of fresh fruit and pancakes which I realize is a whole other meal. Plus, the fruit was fresh cut and assorted-grapes, pineapple, melon, oranges-which was really nice. I was so full from the crepes I didn't want to even eat the pancakes but I did try one bite and they were delish! Obviously a lot of passion and planning went into the menu so if they can get their service up to par this place would rock....or at least rock more than it already does if the people waiting outside are any indication.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Tried this spot for New Years Day; the place was crowded without room to wait for a table. The host moved the crowd as quickly as possible but this was irritating because as you eat it feels like the people waiting are breathing over your shoulder over your food.