“Perfect way to see the city!”

Bobby's Bike Hike Chicago
Book In Advance
Ranked #1 of 67 Food & Drink in Chicago
More attraction details
Owner description: Bobby's Bike Hike Chicago is a great value - providing signature guided bicycle tours, year-round walking tours, and delicious food and culture tours. We have various tours designed for a wide variety of interests, ages, and skill levels. Check out our brand-new, season walking & food tours(Bobby's Hikes). Bobby tours Chicago in style with deluxe Schwinn Comfort bikes complete with cushy seats, fat tires, and annoying bells :). Our hand-selected guides are chock full of historical information which is sure to inform and entertain you on your journey. Our folks in the shop are friendly and helpful and they will take the time to teach you the ropes before sending you on your way. Tours include the Lakefront Neighborhoods Tour which was Voted Best Chicago Tour seven years in a row, the City Lights at Night Tour which is a healthy way to explore Chicago at night, Bobby's 'Tike' Hike for families with younger riders, and the Bikes, Bites, & Brews Tour which is a food sampling tour. If you want to learn about Chicago's seedier past, check out the Southside Chicago Gangster Tour. If you want the best views in Chicago, check out our brand-new Museums & Parks at Sunset Tour. We also offer year-round walking and food tours, including the Chicago Favorites Food Tour, Public Art & Architecture Tour, and the Holiday Hike - Season Sampling Tour. All walking tours make use of Chicago's elaborately unique indoor pedway system in inclement weather.
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We took the "Bikes, Bites, and Brews" ride and had a blast! Karen was an excellent tour guide and provided fun, interesting facts at each of our stops. This tour is well worth the money, as you get plenty to eat and drink along the way. The ride was easy enough that people of all ages and athletic abililities could enjoy. The ride back to Bobby's along Lakeshore was beautiful....it certainly helped that we had perfect 80 degree weather! My husband and I will definitely tour with Bobby's again next time we are in the city.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,160)
All reviews
"gold coast"
in 36 reviews
"a lot of fun"
in 76 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 50 reviews
"three hours"
in 41 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013

DK was our guide on a great ride through Hyde Park. Most of us weren't "advanced" riders, but he made sure we took enough breaks and stayed together. Learned a lot and got some exercise!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We took the Bikes, Bits & Brews tour a few days ago. It was the hottest day of the year so far. But our group of about 16 people had a great time with Pat, our guide. Pat was funny, enthusiastic, informative, and fun!

I'm honestly not a beer fan, so this tour didn't appeal to me but my husband wanted to go. I'm so glad we did! We biked along the Lakeshore Bike trail, on the streets of Chicago, and through Lincoln Park. We saw the Gold Coast, Old Town, Boys Town, Wrigleyville, and Lincoln Park. We biked about 12 miles, but it was mostly flat and not very difficult. We had deep dish pizza (1 slice) a fantastic hot dog (and I'm not a hot dog fan), a yummy cupcake, and then we had a sampling of beer from a local pub when we were almost at the end. We got a history of Chicago, of local food, and of the area as we biked.

I do wish our group had been a little smaller. But other than that, it was a great tour, and I highly recommend Pat as a tour guide!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was my second tour with Bobby's Bike Hike. Went in June with my kids and took my friends back while we were there for girls weekend. We did the Hyde Park tour with DK. DK was a great guide, he really knew his way around and his history of the city. The ride was great down the lake shore to the science and industry area. I have always wanted to just ride down the Lakefront path, but never had the opportunity. The views of the city were fabulous!!! Hyde Park area was great and the ride back was even better. This is a great, fun, easy way to see the city. To me, sitting on a bus is not how I want to see this city. This was fun and interactive. I would not recommend young kids on this tour as it is long at 20+ miles, there are other smaller tours with Bobby's that the kids and family could easily enjoy.