“Variety and attention”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Cross street: Grand Avenue
Transit: Red Line (Grand/State) Bus # 22, 36, 65 (Grand)
“Variety and attention”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Second visit on a Thursday night. Less than 10 minute wait for table on main floor, the place to be if you want the Filet Mignon. Cheesy rolls, mashed potatoes and fried plantains were on the table immediately after being seated. Started with items from the buffet of side dishes. Mushroom Risotto and cheese tortellini were fantastic, as were the grilled zucchini and yellow squash, finished with asparagus spears. The selection of meats was very good, My friend enjoyed the bacon wrapped chicken, bbq ribs and rib eye. I had my fair share of the shrimp as well as samples of several other meats. The Filet Mignon was melt in your mouth when it happened to make it to your table. Everybody watches for it and flags down the server. The refilling of the drinks was not as fast as the meat service. Flipping your token to ENOUGH ALREADY does not seem to deter all the servers from stopping by. If you don't use a lot of salt in your diet get at least the second cut on the meat as the first cut was too salty for me. On this visit we used a coupon from FishBowl to cut the bill almost in half.

1 Thank Pheziwig

Chicago, Illinois
“Food filled with flavor”
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

Went here for a birthday celebration. Luckily I had made reservations because it does look like it gets packed pretty quickly, especially on a weekend. I had to push back my reservations by an hour and they were very flexible with that. When we arrived we were promptly seated and offered drinks. I loved the appetizer bar because there were a variety of choices available besides just salad and cheese. The meats came rolling in and most of them were delicious! Unfortunately one of the gaucho servers spilled some pretty hot meat juice on my dad's hand. I know they are always in a hurry but I think it important to not rush serving a customer's food. We finished with some carrot cake and cheesecake. Both were delicous. This place is worth the try. P.s. sometimes there are groupons for this place.

1 Thank YseniaGallegos
London, Ontario
“Don't eat lunch if you're going here for dinner”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

The food here was amazing. I'd never eaten at a table service restaurant before so this was a new experience. Well worth the money. The food was hot, tasty and plentiful. The service was outstanding. Highly recommend

1 Thank Bindy5London_Ontario
Chicago, Illinois
“Used to be trendy”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

When this place first opened, it was the place to be. It was trendy, great food, great vibe and you needed a reservations way ahead of time. I have dined here many times.
We went last on Sunday, August 3. I received an email with one complimentary dinner and we took the offer. We arrived at around 1:00PM with no reservation. It was basically empty. We were the 6th table. As we had our dinner at lunch, more tables were occupied - 22 by the time we left - precisely. In spite of the empty place, the service was so slow that it shocked. We had to drag the servers, to beg them to stop by. They only had 4 meats in the dinning area. We had to do a special request for almost every meat. The skewers were meager and the meat seemed to be from the night before. It just amazed me. I was seriously thinking not to ever return, even though I love the salad bar and the meats (I generally preferred it to similar because of the shrimp and pineapple).
What is going on? I am pretty sure that if they continue like that they will soon close. Too bad.

1 Thank TonicTravelAmeniti
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“As we watched them serve the front of the restaurant.”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We were sat in the back. As they served and ran out of meat very rarely saw a server able to make it to our table. After we complained our waiter also noticed that we were not getting served. 30 min later when we were done the servers were lined up. A little to late guys. Not going back!

• Visited July 2014