Open today: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM

SrikanthMadduri
Bengaluru, India
via mobile
Great Time During Night Time Chicago Street Photography w/Kevin

Had a really great time during my one on one two hour photography session with Kevin. I wanted to... read more

Reviewed October 9, 2017
jerrellc159

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 14, 2018 via mobile

This is a must do tour for photo enthusiasts who want to capture Chicago Skyline. Thanks Kevin. I enjoyed the session.

Date of experience: April 2018
Kevin O, Owner at Chicago Photography Tours by Kevin O'Connell, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2018

Thank you Srikanth, it was a pleasure meeting you. So glad you have some great photos to bring back to India.

Kevin

Reviewed October 9, 2017

I wanted to get some learning with regards to shooting in manual mode while shooting at night. Kevin was very knowledgeable and I really learned a lot. It was definitely worth the money to me and my night time shots will be much better because of my time spent with him. I was in town for the week-end and we setup a night time shoot with a couple of days notice. Multiple downtown locations and great shots at each stop. Learned a lot more about my camera as well. I rate myself as a Advanced Amateur..

Date of experience: September 2017
Kevin O, Owner at Chicago Photography Tours by Kevin O'Connell, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2017

Thanks much Jerrell, its always a pleasure to work with like minded photography enthusiasts like yourself.

Reviewed June 5, 2017

I have done two tours/workshops with Kevin and look forward to catching another one when I am back in Chicago. He was flexible in scheduling and also before the first one, took the time to ask questions about my equipment, photography experience and knowledge of both my equipment and general photography concepts. I think this let us work very smoothly together from the beginning and I learned a lot from him. the first tour was the Route 66 tour (10-4). This is a fun family day trip and both photographers and non-photographers will enjoy it. He charges by the car, so if there are a number of budding photographers in the family, it is a great deal!. If not, everyone will still enjoy themselves. Kevin was very considerate and allowed the needs of my pregnant daughter to be a priority in setting our pace. We were the only people on the tour that day-Kevin hadn't really even started the tours for the season yet, but he knew I was coming from out of town and really worked with me and agreed to take us on the tour. When our time was up and he had to leave, he told us about a few more stops on down the road in case we wanted to continue on. We did and enjoyed those stops. It was a delightful day.
The second was a night photography workshop. Originally there were to be some other clients as well. The first time we were scheduled to go, the weather was very bad and Kevin let me know very early in the day that we needed to reschedule.. the date was re-set, and on the re-set date it was quite windy. The other clients cancelled and Kevin still took me out. We were mostly around north beach, working on angles, composition, different exposures. The blue hour was fabulous. We had to walk around some to adjust to the wind conditions and to take advantage of changes in lighting, but Kevin worked with me well over the two hours I was expecting so there was no reduction in shooting time on account of the time spent moving around. It was helpful to have hints on dealing with less than ideal conditions because that is so often what we have to shoot in! Being from out of town, I did not have a tripod with me and he generously loaned me one. Kevin really wants to give you a great experience. No question is too silly or too hard. he also explains things well. Kevin has a tremendous sense of place and this comes through in his photos and in the angles and composition of his photos, He will help you to have that too. One of my favorite Route 66 photos I took is one where he suggested using a slightly different perspective and angle than I had been using. I did and the photo says so much more as a result.

Date of experience: May 2017
Kevin O, Owner at Chicago Photography Tours by Kevin O'Connell, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2017

Sarah,

The pleasure was all mine. I'm glad you all had a great time while learning some new techniques. I love working with others that have a passion for photography, no matter there experience. Both Vickie and I can't wait to do it again.
Congrats on the new baby!

Reviewed December 6, 2016

Had a great time photographing Millennium Park and the Chicago lights at night. Highly recommended. This was the Friday Night Lights Tour. Easily walkable.

Date of experience: November 2016
Kevin O, Owner at Chicago Photography Tours by Kevin O'Connell, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2016

Hi Scott,

It sure was an enjoyable night to shoot some crazy super moon lighting.
Glad to hear you had an excellent experience.

Reviewed October 8, 2015

I booked the last night tour of the season for 9 october. Unfortunately my father in law became very ill to the point that my wife and myself had to go back in a rush to our country, just to find out that the old man already passed away. I wrote to Kevin asking if I was entitled to some reimbursement and in a matter of a couple of hours he replaid stating that I would recieve full reimbursement. In less than 24 hours I recieved notification from Pay Pal indicating the full reimbursement.
Kevin is an honorable and profesional photographer. Certainly, I will take the tour next time I am in town!!!

Date of experience: October 2015
1  Thank R A
KEVIN O, Owner at Chicago Photography Tours by Kevin O'Connell, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2016

You arte very welcome,
Photography workshops and other things like this are wonderful, but family to me is more important than anything. I wish your father a speedy recovery and hope to see you next time your in town.

Sincerely