“skilled and patient photographer”

Chicago Photography Tours by Kevin O'Connell
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: *Private One On One Workshops* The 2018 season has begun. We decided to start the season early this year - Lock in your spot now. Come join me for a fun day or evening photo workshop tour to some of the best locations and hidden spots in the city. I have taught photography in the Grand Canyon and have traveled the world shooting fine art. Many images have won international awards. Beginners - Come join me for an exciting fun filled adventure, while I teach you the fundamentals of photography, and the essentials of your own camera. Advanced - Take one of my Friday Night Tours to learn long exposure and other advanced photography techniques. Make sure you bring your tripod.for any night or long exposure workshop. Private Workshops Person - $195.00 Couple - $245.00 For those who want one on one attention to every detail, and learn new creative techniques of the beginner that wants to fast track learning the basics without taking two months to get there.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 14, 2015

I normally never write reviews but I made a TripAdvisor account specifically so I could share my experience with Kevin O'Connell. I came to Chicago on business from Colorado. I enjoyed taking photographs but I wanted to improve my skills. I saw the opportunity to take this lesson was Kevin and I figured I would give it a try. I met with Kevin on a beautiful sunny Saturday and we started our journey by McCormick Place. I had a goal of taking beautiful landscape photos during our two hours together. I was able to accomplish this goal because of the talent and the vast knowledge that Kevin provided. Kevin show me how to take different angle to make a picture pop. Using the sun as a natural back light really enhanced my photos. I really enjoy my two hours with Kevin, next time I am in Chicago I will be taking another journey I highly recommend this to everyone.

2  Thank Sebastian P
Kevin O, Owner at Chicago Photography Tours by Kevin O'Connell, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2015

Thank you Sebastian, it was a pleasure teaching you some new techniques. Had a ball with you.
See ya next year.

in 10 reviews
"angle"
"knowledge"

Reviewed July 10, 2015 via mobile

I went to Kevin earlier this morning and had quite the adventure. I am a sub-bar photographer at best so I was very excited to meet Mr. O'Connell. When I arrived Kevin couldn't have been friendlier and that was very appreciated. During our two hours together I learned so much about using natural light and using angles to my advantages. I walked away from this experience a very knowledgeable man and I will be retiring again to gain even more
Knowledge. I highly recommend this to anyone

1  Thank Travis C

First of all, it was my pleasure working with you Travis. I'm glad you enjoyed the tour, and got some great shots for the competition.

Sincerely
Kevin OConnell

Reviewed June 19, 2015

My daughter and I recently worked with Kevin on June 13, 2015. Neither of us knew much about Chicago, and we knew less about our cameras. Kevin was great to learn from on both fronts. My daughter said, after the tour was complete, that she learned so much about how to operate her camera effectively. His patience for the many "dumb" questions I had was incredible. In addition, he was infinitely more responsive to a request for a tour than another tour operator I was trying to contact (still waiting for this other person's call back to my message). Very very easy to work with. Would definitely recommend this tour for anyone looking to learn a bit about Chicago or about camera usage in general. It was a great time with Kevin.

Kevin O, Owner at Chicago Photography Tours by Kevin O'Connell, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2015

Thank you David, it was so refreshing to teach such a great team. Kalena is going to be a great photographer in years to come, such enthusiasm. Thanks to you both for making my job great.

Kevin O'Connell

Reviewed June 7, 2015

I had two trips booked with Kevin, but the first day turned out miserable weatherwise, not allowing any photographs due to rain, fog and high winds. Kevin took his time to drive me around anyway to show me the interesting spots and even providing me with the best locations to park at reduced fares.
On the second (evening) tour he stayed with me for much longer than the alotted time and provided answers to all my questions, as well as helping me shoot some amazing photos. Kudos.

1  Thank Helmut R
Kevin O, Owner at Chicago Photography Tours by Kevin O'Connell, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2015

I'm glad you enjoyed the tours Hemut. I understand how a client must feel after months of planning a photography workshop, and have it ruined by unpredictable weather conditions.

It was my pleasure to extend the second tour for you.
Its all about making new friends, and doing what we love

Thanks so much