Open today: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Expert 1:1 Instruction on DSLR Camera

Kevin was very nice; we meet just before sunset and went to pre-scouted areas in which to capture... read more

Reviewed June 21, 2018
tasmcg
Orlando, Florida
Blue hour in Chicago

This is a must do tour for photo enthusiasts who want to capture Chicago Skyline. Thanks Kevin. I... read more

Reviewed April 14, 2018
SrikanthMadduri
Bengaluru, India
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Chicago
from $143.99
from $117.65
from $99.00
from $39.95
More Info
All reviews great shots tripod expert shoot photographs
Reviewed June 19, 2015

My daughter and I recently worked with Kevin on June 13, 2015. Neither of us knew much about Chicago, and we knew less about our cameras. Kevin was great to learn from on both fronts. My daughter said, after the tour was complete, that she learned so much about how to operate her camera effectively. His patience for the many "dumb" questions I had was incredible. In addition, he was infinitely more responsive to a request for a tour than another tour operator I was trying to contact (still waiting for this other person's call back to my message). Very very easy to work with. Would definitely recommend this tour for anyone looking to learn a bit about Chicago or about camera usage in general. It was a great time with Kevin.

Date of experience: June 2015
Kevin O, Owner at Chicago Photography Tours by Kevin O'Connell, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2015

Thank you David, it was so refreshing to teach such a great team. Kalena is going to be a great photographer in years to come, such enthusiasm. Thanks to you both for making my job great.

Kevin O'Connell

Reviewed June 7, 2015

I had two trips booked with Kevin, but the first day turned out miserable weatherwise, not allowing any photographs due to rain, fog and high winds. Kevin took his time to drive me around anyway to show me the interesting spots and even providing me with the best locations to park at reduced fares.
On the second (evening) tour he stayed with me for much longer than the alotted time and provided answers to all my questions, as well as helping me shoot some amazing photos. Kudos.

Date of experience: June 2015
1  Thank Helmut R
Kevin O, Owner at Chicago Photography Tours by Kevin O'Connell, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2015

I'm glad you enjoyed the tours Hemut. I understand how a client must feel after months of planning a photography workshop, and have it ruined by unpredictable weather conditions.

It was my pleasure to extend the second tour for you.
Its all about making new friends, and doing what we love

Thanks so much
Kevin O'Connell

Reviewed May 2, 2015

Great photography is 3 parts perspective, 2 parts light, and one part photo mechanics. Kevin's tour is all of the above. Great combination of "guided" and "exploratory". Bravo, Kevin!!

Date of experience: May 2015
2  Thank Gary O
Kevin O, Owner at Chicago Photography Tours by Kevin O'Connell, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2015

Thank you Gary, for the nice comments. It was a pleasure working with an advanced photographer who really has a passion for this craft.

Reviewed April 19, 2015 via mobile

Kevin was great in sharing his knowledge. I've been taking pictures for 10 years and there,s still something to learn. We shot during the blue hour and we did some time lapse exposures getting traffic streaks. Thanks, Kevin.

2  Thank gerryp-sd

Thanks Gerry,

I was great exploring new parts of the city with you while shooting some long exposures. I'm really happy you learned some new techniques to try. You will do very well, and have a great grasp on photography.

Thanks so much
Kevin

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Kevin led a terrific night tour around downtown Chicago. The tour was fun and featured lots of great spots to photograph. Don't miss this tour!

Date of experience: June 2014
2  Thank Susan H

I am glad you enjoyed the tour. Looking forward to seeing you next time.

Sincerely