“Patient Camera Expert”

Chicago Photography Tours by Kevin O'Connell
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: *Private One On One Workshops* The 2018 season has begun. We decided to start the season early this year - Lock in your spot now. Come join me for a fun day or evening photo workshop tour to some of the best locations and hidden spots in the city. I have taught photography in the Grand Canyon and have traveled the world shooting fine art. Many images have won international awards. Beginners - Come join me for an exciting fun filled adventure, while I teach you the fundamentals of photography, and the essentials of your own camera. Advanced - Take one of my Friday Night Tours to learn long exposure and other advanced photography techniques. Make sure you bring your tripod.for any night or long exposure workshop. Private Workshops Person - $195.00 Couple - $245.00 For those who want one on one attention to every detail, and learn new creative techniques of the beginner that wants to fast track learning the basics without taking two months to get there.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed June 19, 2015

My daughter and I recently worked with Kevin on June 13, 2015. Neither of us knew much about Chicago, and we knew less about our cameras. Kevin was great to learn from on both fronts. My daughter said, after the tour was complete, that she learned so much about how to operate her camera effectively. His patience for the many "dumb" questions I had was incredible. In addition, he was infinitely more responsive to a request for a tour than another tour operator I was trying to contact (still waiting for this other person's call back to my message). Very very easy to work with. Would definitely recommend this tour for anyone looking to learn a bit about Chicago or about camera usage in general. It was a great time with Kevin.

Kevin O, Owner at Chicago Photography Tours by Kevin O'Connell, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2015

Thank you David, it was so refreshing to teach such a great team. Kalena is going to be a great photographer in years to come, such enthusiasm. Thanks to you both for making my job great.

Kevin O'Connell

in 10 reviews
"angle"
"knowledge"

Reviewed June 7, 2015

I had two trips booked with Kevin, but the first day turned out miserable weatherwise, not allowing any photographs due to rain, fog and high winds. Kevin took his time to drive me around anyway to show me the interesting spots and even providing me with the best locations to park at reduced fares.
On the second (evening) tour he stayed with me for much longer than the alotted time and provided answers to all my questions, as well as helping me shoot some amazing photos. Kudos.

1  Thank Helmut R
Kevin O, Owner at Chicago Photography Tours by Kevin O'Connell, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2015

I'm glad you enjoyed the tours Hemut. I understand how a client must feel after months of planning a photography workshop, and have it ruined by unpredictable weather conditions.

It was my pleasure to extend the second tour for you.
Its all about making new friends, and doing what we love

Thanks so much
Kevin O'Connell

Reviewed May 2, 2015

Great photography is 3 parts perspective, 2 parts light, and one part photo mechanics. Kevin's tour is all of the above. Great combination of "guided" and "exploratory". Bravo, Kevin!!

2  Thank Gary O
Kevin O, Owner at Chicago Photography Tours by Kevin O'Connell, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2015

Thank you Gary, for the nice comments. It was a pleasure working with an advanced photographer who really has a passion for this craft.

Reviewed April 19, 2015 via mobile

Kevin was great in sharing his knowledge. I've been taking pictures for 10 years and there,s still something to learn. We shot during the blue hour and we did some time lapse exposures getting traffic streaks. Thanks, Kevin.

2  Thank gerryp-sd

Thanks Gerry,

I was great exploring new parts of the city with you while shooting some long exposures. I'm really happy you learned some new techniques to try. You will do very well, and have a great grasp on photography.

Thanks so much