“Great Beverages with a Great Atmosphere”
Review of Drumbar Chicago

Drumbar Chicago
Ranked #62 of 580 Nightlife in Chicago
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on the 18th floor, Drumbar is a featured amenity of the Raffaello Hotel as well as a destination for travelers looking to enjoy specialty cocktails and breathtaking city and lake views. Drumbar features 4,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor space, 5 private breakout sections, 2 bars, and 2 fireplaces with built in lounge style seating. Voted Best Rooftop in Chicago in 2012, guests are drawn to the speakeasy style atmosphere to take full advantage of a menu that that features scotch, whiskeys, and handcrafted cocktails.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Great mixologist---great view---great experience.

A cocktail is about $13, but you're getting "an experience."

Worth checking out, but we went early on a Monday and were told Friday and Saturday evenings are busy and very different---harsh on the dress code.

It could be a bit pretentious, I suppose, but this was not our experience. We had a great time with a great beverage and would likely return.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

What a wonderful retreat after a long day of travelling. I can truly recommend this unique bar on the rooftop of the Raffaello hotel.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

A very crowded bar scene and rooftop outdoor patio that is much too small for the volume of people. The hotel Raffaello needs a dedicated elevator for this venue. Drinks are good.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Went to the Drumbar last night about 8:30 with a friend to have a drink and check it out since neither of us had been there. The guy that greeted us and the guy that brought our water were both really nice. The server was not very friendly at all. We sat outside and there were not very many people out there (it was still 85 degrees!) We were there about 20 minutes before she took our drink order. Then it took about another 20 minutes to get the drinks (two beers.) It was another server who brought our drinks and wanted to let me know that they were out of the beer that I ordered so she brought me the same thing my friend ordered. I thought that was a little odd. Shouldn’t they have asked if I wanted something else, instead of just bringing me what they thought I would want? We also thought that it was very strange that they did not have any Chicago beers. We decided we would only have one and leave. As we were finishing up, they turned on the fireplaces! Everyone started complaining because it was already steamy outside and that just made it worse! Not sure who thought that was a good idea, but they quickly turned them off. We asked our server for the check and she never came back! So we just left $20 on the table and took off. Probably won’t come back, there are way better rooftops in the city.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We were staying at the Rafaello and just returned from a Cubs game. I had on a jersey and shorts and I was very aware we werent 'bar ready'. While waiting on the elevator we asked the doorman of the line was for the bar and what floor it was on and he quickly let us know we wouldnt get in dressed that way....clearly sir, I am not an idiot. I am very aware of bar dress codes, I just got back from a game. He needs to find a better approach to guests on the appropriate dress code. We had brought clothes to go to Drumbar but we ended up going somewhere else that guy was so rude. He needs to get over himself....your a doorman! But if you are intentionally headed here..be prepared to wait in line!