“Great steaks in a very casual restaurant!”
Review of Primehouse

Primehouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Primehouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #165 of 9,660 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Cross street: Ontario Street
Transit: Red Line- State and Grand
Description: Primehouse in The James Hotel features a modern steakhouse menu with hand-picked meats that are dry-aged for 28 to 75 days in a Himalayan salt-tiled aging room on premise. An intimate destination for special gatherings, the Private Dining Room is a noteworthy addition to the steakhouse. Conceived as a modern interpretation of the classic "chef's table" meant for private dining, it serves to complement the progressive fare. #1 Steakhouse in Chicago by Chicago magazine, Best Burger in the U.S. by Food & Wine, Best Steakhouses in the U.S. by USA Today.
Delray Beach
“Great steaks in a very casual restaurant!”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The steaks were fantastic, very flavorful and tender. I was very disappointed that it was so casual. Service was pretty good, but not the best.

• Visited December 2012

• Korean first
Brisbane
“Food heaven”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

My husband ordered the prime rib and couldn't believe how fantastic it was. The desserts were just divine. We had also dined at the NY location so we had high expectations - these were exceeded!

Visited December 2012
“Room service.”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I was a guest of The James when I got dinner from David Burke's Primehouse, and it was pretty good, I suspect that it would have been better if I had just gone downstairs to eat, as the food was a little overcooked from having had to wait for someone to be available to deliver it to my room.

Visited December 2012
DETROIT
“"My 1st or Last Stop Everytime I Visit Chicago"”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Depending on the time I arrive in Chicago, I always stop to have lunch at David Burke's the staff is unbelievable and the food is awesome. If you're there during lunch try their special, this time I had Salad, Steak, Mushrooms & Onions and Fried Green Beans (added but well worth it) and Dessert was the Baked Alaska which was amazing. Oh let's not forget the Martini that comes with the meal and if you want additional it's $5 per drink which is a great price in Chicago. I can't remember the Hostess name but she remembers me each and everytime I arrive, I don't know what I would do if she ever leaves David Prime's it wouldn't be the same. If my memory is correct by Server was Jose' and he was great as well. I met the Manager (Very Tall Guy) he definitely worked the floor which I love to see and more Managers need to do. This is a 5 Star Restaurant and I will definitely be back in March for my every 3 - 4 month visit to Chicago.

• Visited December 2012
Lockport, Illinois
“Breakfast”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My daughter and I ate here for breakfast one morning while staying at the adjacent James hotel. I had an omelet and a diet coke and my daughter had blueberry pancakes and orange juice - price before tip $36. Service and food was good.

• Visited January 2013

Been to Primehouse? Share your experiences!