“A charming b&b near easy transportation to downtown and close to Wrigley Field”
Review of Old Chicago Inn

Old Chicago Inn
Ranked #12 of 22 Chicago B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have stayed here many times. I am always struck by the warmth and efficiency of the b&b keepers. I had a delicious hamburger on my food chit. Breakfast was fabulous, an egg souffle with bacon and home made breakfast cake. Remember that there are stairs and be sure to specify your own bath if you are not inclined to share. But this is a delightful experience.

Room Tip: The bay windows in the front are beautiful!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I have stayed at various bed and breakfast, a lot of times it is gamble as to what you will find. I have been impressed and pleased several times, but not in this case. I
Since I was traveling without my husband, visiting mr daughter, I was uncomfortable spending the night there by myself. I ended up staying with my daughter. They would no refund my money. . . So goodbye $360.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Susan S

Travelers are raving about these Chicago hotels

Whitehall, Michigan
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We had a nice room, very small but clean. The location was near public transport, they provide a neighborhood parking pass and you do have to search for a parking spot. Easy walk to Wrigley Field. The staff was very welcoming and got up early to provide food for us ahead of normal breakfast time due to our early departure. We had a bit of trouble accessing the wireless internet from our 3rd floor room with the door closed but it was fine just outside in the common area where a small fridge was provided.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I recently stayed at the Old Chicago Inn. Unfortunately, the inn was not anything like most of the reviews I previewed before booking the place. I commend the photographer who provided the pictures for their advertisement. But in this case, the pictures are not worth the thousand words. The room was dirty (2 inch dust balls behind the furniture), dust on the curtain blinds, and there was mildew on the back of the shower curtains. The main section had a scent of body odor, the breakfast was an unknown serving in a cassarole plate,the coffe was lukewarm, and I couldn't find a freshness date on the breakfast bars and boxes of cereal. One other thing, the inn is one block from the L train. Unless you are accustomed to the sounds, you probably won't sleep well. About the only person I would recommend this to is someone returning from a Cubs game (within walking distance) who might have over embibed, and doesn't care where they sleep. I am sorry for the unkind words, but sometimes the truth is needed for changes to occur. The building has great potential, but I believe has bad management at this time....

Room Tip: Try Villa De Citta!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank mtgijoe
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed in Room 2E the first night. Really bad room with holes in the floor underneath the beds (I was scared to see a rat come out of it). Paint is missing on walls. TV was broken. Old mattress but clean sheets. I don't recommend this room. Cigarette smell. I had to open all windows to get some air.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

I'd recommend this place if you'd like to stay in a 'neighbourhood' (ie out of the downtown area). It's in a great part of town, very well located for the train, food and entertainment. The Inn has a lovely feel about it, and the staff are friendly, organised and welcoming. The room I had (1c) was small, but very comfortable.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Rockford, Michigan
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Parked the car for free and great access to the train system. Safe and lively area with charm. Friendly and helpful staff. Rooms are small, but great value for the price. If you are in Chicago to enjoy Chicago, this is a great place to lay your head when the day is through. Nothing flashy, but perfect if you are not looking for all the worthless amenities.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple