“Comfortable Hotel in a Perfect Location”

Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District
Ranked #28 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed October 12, 2010

The Hampton Majestic is extremely comfortable, offers a good, free full breakfast and is an absolutely perfect location. I had one of the "suite" rooms and we used it as sort a hospitality suite as there was a small group of us who had all arrived in Chicago to attend the theater adjacent to the hotel. It could not have been more perfect.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Leighann L, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

I wanted to say thanks for sharing your experience with us. Our team always strives to give the service our guests expect & deserve. I appreciate the comments as we are always looking for ways to improve the hotel & service we give our guests.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Hampton Inn Majestic, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed October 11, 2010

The location can't be beat: just a few blocks from several El stops and fabulous State Street Shopping. The valet and front desk staff were some of the nicest I have ever encountered. They were very genuine in their efforts to make sure we had a wonderful stay. The property itself is wonderfully done (I belive it was an old bank at one time?) There was no show going on at the Bank of America Theater next door, so our night there was very quiet, as far as any noise coming from the street (rare for Chicago!) I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 11, 2010

looked at some of the other reviews and this hotel is great.
the location is really good for getting around on the local transport. - we purchased our visitor passes at the ohare airport - $23 for 7 days unlimited travel on CTA. The train from Ohare was covered with the ticket and the hampton was only around the corner saving us the $45 dollars in a taxi!! one way The hotel was clean the staff very friendly advised were to eat etc . A really good breakfast was included my hubby even ventured to make waffles one morning - very busy at the weekends though. Coffee and tea was available all the time
~Our room was clean and tidy and although at the front traffic noise was not a problem.
I gave 4 stars as we were unfortuately next door to a couple who were arguing very loudly most of the night

would definately stay here again if we ever go to Chicago again

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank yorkie60

Reviewed October 9, 2010

Very nice hotel, extremely friendly and helpfull staff.
The location is perfect, close to busses, EL and subway, and a lot of good places to eat nearby.
Free coffee and fruit in the lobby 24/7

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 9, 2010

My daughter in law was in Chicago for business. I went with her and took the 2 year old and 7 year old granddaughter. Mentioned in passing that the 7 yr. old was having a birthday. The staff did a card and bought her a decorated cupcake in a box and left it in the room;. The card was written with a personal note. They called her by name the entire time. The rooms were nicely updated, large enough for 4 of us, bedding very comfortable. But THE SERVICE was amazing from our friend OC that was charming and so helpful. We felt like celebrities! Thank You so much! Will stay again with the Hampton anytime! in the Theater district.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed October 4, 2010

I often stay at the Palmer House (which is across the street and down one block) when I'm in Chicago, but chose this hotel because they had a better rate. My experience here was every bit as pleasant as my stays at the Palmer House. This Hampton Inn was clean, quiet, in a great location on Monroe (a short walk to several mass transit lines, walking distance to Art Institute, State Street shopping, Magnificent Mile, Union Station, Sears/Willis Tower, etc.), and with a friendly staff (front desk, valet staff, housekeeping).

Our room was very large with a fridge, microwave, tea and coffee service, sofa, and large desk. The lobby has a computer and printer for printing boarding passes.
You enter on the Ground level (which is next to the lobby of the Bank of America Theater) and go up one floor to the reception desk.

Parking (valet only) is $42 for a 24-hour period, but we got a room rate that included parking for only $15 more per night.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 4, 2010

I stayed here last December and I can't say enough about this hotel! The location is perfect, the staff is incredible, and the rooms are beautiful! This is not a typical Hampton Inn, it's 5 Star Quality! As soon as I walked in the door, I was greeted by a concierge who took my bags for me so I wouldnt have to lug them around any longer. I went up to check in, where I was given an upgraded room type. I arrived in my room, and was amazed. Beautiful colors, stylish decor, amazing view! I had to check my key card again to double check that this was in fact a Hampton Inn.
The only thing I would change is the breakfast. I was there on a very busy weekend, so breakfast was packed. Not much sitting room, and I couldnt get near the buffet because there were too many people. I decided to venture out and eat somewhere Chicago-like instead..(when in Rome, right?).
If you go to Chicago, I HIGHLY recommend that you stay here...I know I will be back!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo