“Very pleased with our stay here”

Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District
Ranked #27 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed September 2, 2010

If you are looking for a hotel with a big fancy lobby this isn't it, however if you want a nice clean room in a great location this is the spot for you. The room was normal sized, comfortable beds and a very helpful staff. The free breakfast was a cut above what most hotels offer and with my wife and three kids this was a real money saver and a great start to the day. Stayed for three days so to avoid the hefty parking charges downtown we parked the car at Midway for $9 a day bought a 3 day CTA pass and took the train to within about 3 blocks of the hotel.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank r2112
Leighann L, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

I wanted to say thanks for sharing your experience with us. Our team always strives to give the service our guests expect & deserve. I appreciate the comments as we are always looking for ways to improve the hotel & service we give our guests.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Hampton Inn Majestic, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed September 1, 2010

I thought this was a great hotel. The location is excellent, the room was fairly standard but in very good condition and very comfortable. The price for the area was very competitive. In the lobby there is coffee on tap 24 hours a day, and it was very welcome and very nice. I don't usually bother with breakfast but at this hotel it is included in the room rate. People seemed to be enjoying it, and it was very popular.

The public area was very comfortable and welcoming.

All of the staff were friendly, but the reception staff were exceptionally good. I stay at a lot of hotels and it is incredibly rare that I'm ever remembered by name - at this hotel they did, and I was really impressed.

Will definitely stay here again when I'm next in Chicago.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank MarcusLondon_UK

Reviewed August 30, 2010

We stayed one night at the Majestic while on a trip to the Chicago area. The hotel was well located. We were close to Millenium Park and the lake. We were able to walk to fine restaurants and enjoy the city.

Service was very good. The concierge was both helpful and entertaining. Breakfast was, as in most Hamptons, very good. All in all, a great value if you are staying in the city. The only negative is the cost of parking.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank maclil

Reviewed August 17, 2010

Fantastic hotel with great customer service and a terrific location. The quality of the customer service started over the phone when I requested adjoining rooms for our families – they made the accommodations and booked these rooms for us a week in advance. Also, just asking one of the clerks downstairs if they could bring us a fridge – he remembered our room number and within ten minutes, we had a fridge in our room!

The hotel is just blocks to Millennium Park and Grant Park, just 1 block from bus and metro which made it very easy to get around. The only downside was the cost of the parking, but fast, friendly valet service and it was very convenient.

The rooms were spacious, clean and very well-appointed with modern décor and flat-screen tvs. Would come back here anytime! Highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank dctrips

Reviewed August 10, 2010

My daughter and I went to Chicago for a couple of days to shop do enjoy museums. This hotel was located near everything we wanted to do plus the theaters. The staff provided directions and helped make our trip even better. The room was lovely and the few rooms/floor added to the quietness for such a busy area.

• Stayed: August 2010
Leighann L, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

I wanted to say thanks for sharing your recent experience with us. Our team always strives to give the service our guests expect & deserve. I appreciate the comments as we are always looking for ways to improve the hotel & service we give our guests.

Reviewed August 9, 2010

I came in for a business-related trip a couple of days early and stayed at this lovely, clean, and fantastically-situated hotel. A little over a year ago, at twice the price, I stayed at the Palmer House Hilton (it has a gorgeous lobby worth seeing but the room was small and dated) and I won't be making THAT mistake twice!!! I was greeted by friendly, hospitable staff who seemingly fell over themselves to help me get oriented or to give me some great recommendations for meals or how to get the right El train to my destinations. My room (which had an amazing view) was immaculate, with an immense and unbelievably comfortable bed. This hotel is central to it all!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed August 9, 2010

We felt safe and comfortable. The staff was completely helpful being it was our first time in the Windy City. The rooms were super clean and homey. The vallet service was also wonderful and speedy, however a little pricey for this small town girl. The location was perfect!! We walked to the Navy Pier, Sears Tower and there are stores and fine dining all around it. Museums are only a 5 dollar cab ride away. I loved Chicago and this hotel only made our stay better!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple