“Fantastic location, quiet/soothing rooms, outstanding staff!!!”

Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District
Ranked #27 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I came in for a business-related trip a couple of days early and stayed at this lovely, clean, and fantastically-situated hotel. A little over a year ago, at twice the price, I stayed at the Palmer House Hilton (it has a gorgeous lobby worth seeing but the room was small and dated) and I won't be making THAT mistake twice!!! I was greeted by friendly, hospitable staff who seemingly fell over themselves to help me get oriented or to give me some great recommendations for meals or how to get the right El train to my destinations. My room (which had an amazing view) was immaculate, with an immense and unbelievably comfortable bed. This hotel is central to it all!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Leighann L, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

I wanted to say thanks for sharing your experience with us. Our team always strives to give the service our guests expect & deserve. I appreciate the comments as we are always looking for ways to improve the hotel & service we give our guests.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Hampton Inn Majestic, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Guest Experience Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,106)

Reviewed August 9, 2010

We felt safe and comfortable. The staff was completely helpful being it was our first time in the Windy City. The rooms were super clean and homey. The vallet service was also wonderful and speedy, however a little pricey for this small town girl. The location was perfect!! We walked to the Navy Pier, Sears Tower and there are stores and fine dining all around it. Museums are only a 5 dollar cab ride away. I loved Chicago and this hotel only made our stay better!!!

Reviewed August 6, 2010

This was for Anniversary weekend, and I haven't been to Chicago in years. We took a flyer on staying downtown because of the great rate and high reviews of this hotel via trip advisor (versus Magnificent Mile).

This isn't a elegant hotel of The Palmer House ilk, there is no grand entrance - they offer free breakfast buffett in the lobby. In contrast, all things about the rooms are modern, sleek, clean, and stylish, which exceeded my expectations of even a Hilton flagship stay. For that I rate this hotel a 4, which would be a higher grade than I would rate a previous stay over a decade ago at The Palmer House.

Because of the hotel's central location we were able to exclusively travel on the L-train, no changing lines from O'Hare, straight to hotel, and from hotel straight to Wrigley Field, and all around town. Most of the city sites (Sears Tower, Millennium Park) were only a short walk.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 4, 2010

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Majestic for one night and had a fabulous experience. Perfect location and super modern rooms. I'm always looking for a deal so my only wish is that it could be cheaper!

Reviewed August 1, 2010

The hotel is located in the theater district south of the Chicago River. It is a bit remote from the main attractions on Michigan Avenue. The room was of good size. No in room safe or refrigerator. Bed & Linens were high quality. Adequate drawers. Bathroom including shower, towels, sink location and counter space were good. Limited TV channel selection. Front staff very helpful. Included breakfast was above average quality. Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning worked fine. We really enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 25, 2010

Overall from the initial call, through the reservation call with another associate, to check-in, various encounters during stay to check-out the service was impeccable. As a hospitality professional it was extremely refreshing to be treated with such kind, warm and genuine hospitality throughout the stay. The management team of Andrew, the GM and Tena, the AGM are top notch and they have passed their service level and expecatations onto Juan, one of the GSA's. During any of my future trips I will always check availability of the hotel first, due to the high quality of service experienced, price value and location in the city. In addition, I would/have already recommended the hotel to friends and family. Keep up the great service team and you'll have several loyal customers including myself! Thanks again for making our stay so incredible!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed July 16, 2010

This was my first trip to Chicago. I booked at this hotel based on price and reviews from trip advisor. The room was great and so was breakfast. We did stay on the 14th floor(but really the 13th floor). And nothing strange happened. We were close to Milleunum Park. The only downside to where we were staying is we were in the theater district/finanical area which means stores close much earlier than other parts of the city. Also, parking is really expensive. It was 42 dollars a day.

1  Thank Chocolate091