“This is THE hotel of choice for the business traveler in downtown Chicago”

Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District
Ranked #26 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed January 26, 2010

After having stayed in a number of downtown hotels and finding them all lacking in one aspect or another, the Hampton Inn Majestic is my new home away from home. The room was tastefully decorated, spacious, comfortable and clean; the complimentary breakfast buffet and in-room Internet were welcome amenities; and the staff was courteous, professional and helpful. The hotel is very secure and within easy walking distance to excellent shopping on State Street and some very fine eateries, including my personal favorite, the Berghoff. The hotel is the perfect destination for the business traveler, but I'm coming back with the family for a weekend in the city.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Leighann L, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

I wanted to say thanks for sharing your experience with us. Our team always strives to give the service our guests expect & deserve. I appreciate the comments as we are always looking for ways to improve the hotel & service we give our guests.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Hampton Inn Majestic, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Guest Experience Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,075)

Reviewed January 25, 2010

Stayed 4 nights in January. At a rate of $85/night in the center of the loop this was a very good choice. Very limited public space and no concierge but that was ok. They have free internet and free breakfast. The breakfast selection included a rotating hot selection such as eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, & biscuits, not very good, but ok. A waffle station that made good waffles, I had one every morning. Selections of Oatmeal, Yogurts, Cereals, Bananas, Apples, Oranges, Muffins, Pastries, Bagels, citrus or melon fruit. There is a selection of juices which included a passion guava juice, hot cocoa, tea and coffee. Chicago has some great breaskfast places but for a money saver the breakfast at the hotel was great and still left us lunch and dinner to enjoy out. Room was very nice. Flat panel TV with HBO, very comfortable bedding. Free USA Today on weekdays.

This is obviously not a 'fancy' hotel but when asked at checkout for any complaints or anything they could improve on, I really couldn't come up with anything - and that's a 1st for me!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TNnativeFLres

Reviewed January 25, 2010

I have a food allergy, and the front desk staff was completely accommodating. The service was great. The hotel is near the Art Institute and lots of public transportation. Most importantly, the price was right, the room was spotless, temperature control was terrific, and the bed was clean and comfortable. I'll definitely stay here again.

Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed January 22, 2010

Very nice hotel with a great location. Walking distance to everything. Very helpful staff. Would stay again and again!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank robbhaney

Reviewed January 19, 2010

After reading many of the recent reviews for this hotel, I booked a king-bed room for this past weekend. Thank you for posting your reviews; I would not have taken a chance on this hotel if it hadn't been for all the positive feedback. And the reviewers were absolutely correct - the Hampton Inn Majestic Chicago is great, and I'd certainly recommend it to other travelers. Very quiet hallways, efficient, well-decorated room and nice little buffet in the lobby - perfect for our needs.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 9, 2010

My husband and I poured over hundreds of reviews of so many hotels, and were really nervous because even the most expensive hotels had some horrible reviews but this place's 'bad reviews' didn't seem that bad so we booked a 9 night stay here for a little get away, which we DO NOT REGRET! AWESOME HOTEL!

First, the customer service is outstanding. Super friendly and accommodating. Our luggage was lost, and they made sure it was delivered to our room timely when it arrived. Every time we shared an elevator with an employee, they were sooo nice, and the cleaning staff were friendly too!

Second, the rooms are lovely and VERY CLEAN. The rooms are super spacious for a city hotel, in fact we were surprised by it.

Third, there is a free continental breakfast which is a lot nicer than most of the ones I've seen in my day.

Fourth, perfect location. Safe, quiet but access to everything.

Some people in the reviews were moaning and groaning b/c the community areas are small and the decor has dark colors and the rooms don't have enough lights. What a bunch of babies - who wants to hang out in the community areas? Get out in the city or relax in your home. Yes, the breakfast area gets crowded but that is small price to pay.

As for the decor, our room was brown and orange, personally I loved the colors. It was NOT gothic as others said. It had a nice, clean look to it overall. PLENTY of lamps to light up the whole room. Are you performing surgery in your room? No? Then I think the light provided will suffice!

If I had to complain about anything it would be the price of the valet service - $42 per night at the time of this review BUT you get free in/out privileges, which none of the other garages allowed which we liked b/c it was soooo cold this time of year. So it worked for us but if you are only taking the car out 1 x per day there are garages up the street for about $15 less per night.

We would definitely go back in a heart beat. Great job!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank saracusp

Reviewed January 5, 2010

I traveled here with my family (husband, two children) for a quick getaway and sightseeing. The hotel location is perfect, especially if you are going to the theatre. We walked to the Cadillac Palace Theatre--about 5 or 6 blocks at the most. Also an easy walk to the Art Institute and many restaurants. The Berghoff and the Italian Village are both just one block away.

Rooms were an adequate size for four. Each floor is quite small --probably less than 10 rooms. Street noise is definitely an issue, but I imagine that's the case with any hotel in the area.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family