“Made the weekend a little bit nicer”

Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District
Ranked #27 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Chicago, Illinois
“Made the weekend a little bit nicer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

The facility and location are first rate, just off Michigan Avenue and a short walk to Millenium Park and the lake.
enjoyed a breakfast that was above and beyond Continental!
Very cordial and helpful staff that is clearly very proud of how this classic building was saved and restored.
I enjoyed the stay and I will be back

Room Tip: this is the ideal downtown Chicago location for shopping, theatre and sight seeing
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank g_young27
Leighann L, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
g_young27,

Wow! We could not ask for a better review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write it! It sounds like you truly enjoyed your experience with us and I am so glad our team was able to be a part of that! We do love our building and our location! (Even me and my team shop too much being so close to State St.!)

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Hampton Inn Majestic, we thank you for your business and we look forward to welcoming you back again when your travels bring you to the area!

Guest Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
St. Louis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

We were in between choosing this hotel or the Hard Rock Hotel a block or so over and we chose this one due to price. Great facility and served it's purpose. Here are our pro's, con's and suggestions:

Pro's
-In walking distance to Chicago attractions
-Very Clean
-Valet Parking
-Free Breakfast- Unfortunately we missed this both mornings
-Beautiful Decor
-Flat Screen TV and magnificent Bed!
-Various delivery options for late night eating
*Overall a beautiful and modern hotel

Cons
-Feather Pillows- My husband and I both have allergies to these and the hotel does not have an alternative. So we slept with out pillows for two nights (not comfortable in the least!)

-Staff friendliness varied (Checkin and check out were very quick and staff polite but when we called the front desk about the feather pillows they front desk clerk was not obliging).

-Valet Parking- We dropped our car off at one point and changed and an hour later when we left the hotel the car was still sitting in the street. I'm unsure of how their parking works and when we inquired the valet was very short with my husband. Definitely not appreciated.

Room Tip: -Feather Pillows- My husband and I both have allergies to these and the hotel does not have an alter...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Leighann L, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
CruisimeI80,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so sorry to hear that you were disappointed with certain aspects of your experience. Our team always strives to give the service our guests expect & deserve. I appreciate the comments as we are always looking for ways to improve the hotel & service we give our guests. I would love to discuss your concerns with you if you would like to contact me; My email address is llavelle@fhginc.com or dial 312-395-9225.

It is very strange that you had an issue with our team in regards to our pillows. We do offer foam pillows as an alternative to the down, specifically for our guests with allergies. I am not sure why this information was not communicated properly and I apologize for the inconvenience it caused. I will make sure to follow up with my entire team in regards to the options that we have. Again, all feedback is important to us! It is the only way we can grow and better our service provided for every guest.

On the up side: I am glad to read your list of Pro's! It sounds like you were very pleased with most of your experience and that you had a great time in the city. Thank you for the lovely compliments!

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Hampton Inn Majestic, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Milan, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

he hotel, a beautiful marble building, l is well located in the Loop, the subway is just across the street so you can easily reach O'Hare airport through the blue line. Our room was huge, with a nice view (we were at the 20th floor). Both the room and the bathroom were clean and comfortable. Complementary breakfast is a great plus, even if the breakfast room is really too small, so when it's pick time you could have to wait for a table. There are also complementary tea and coffee through the whole day. People at the front desk were always helpful and kind, a special mention to Leighann, who gave us a warm welcome.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank albus09
Albus09,

Wow! We could not ask for a better review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write it! I have passed your review along to my entire team and they were so thankful for your kind words. (I truly appreciate your comments as well ~Thank you!) It sounds like you had a wonderful experience with us and that our location was perfect for your visit in our lovely city!

Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

Stayed here for three nights during the summer. This hotel featured everything you’d expect from a Hampton Inn, in a perfect location for business or pleasure. Standard room with 1 king bed was pretty decent size, internet worked well enough for me to be productive with work, slept perfectly despite the hotel being busy and completely full, bed was standard Hampton/very comfortable. Clean bathroom. Only downside was the room was a little on the dark side between the décor and relatively small windows, but this really wasn’t a reason NOT to stay here.

Breakfast was standard for a Hampton, staff was very friendly.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
MTLSteve,

I wanted to say thanks for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us. We are always happy to hear the word "Perfect" used in any review of our property! Our team always strives to give the service our guests expect & deserve. It sounds like you truly enjoyed your experience and we are so glad to hear it!

hh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a quick vacation. Hotel is in a great location. Close to all of the "L" lines. Staff is very friendly. Very quiet considering you are in downtown Chicago. I stayed using Hilton Honors points but when I looked at the rates they were reasonable. WIFI Could use some boosting

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
bob s,

I wanted to say thanks for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us. Our team always strives to give the service our guests expect & deserve. I appreciate the comments as we are always looking for ways to improve the hotel & service we give our guests. I will look into the WIFI to make sure it is running as fast as possible! Thank you!

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

1) hotel was so convient to buses and rail...and in a very safe area.
2) bed is sooooo comfortable and room very clean with a wonderful check out at 12noon
3) All Staff was excellent (especially you OSCAR) After our checkout time... Oscar provided us a microwave with plates and silverware in the lobby so we could eat our leftovers before catching our flight home. What service. he saved us another 20.00 dollars or so for lunch.
4) I cannot say enough about this hotel.

and last chicago.... very clean, very safe, with everyone we have met (most from chicago or illnois are the nicest... nicest people.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank newtoca
Leighann L, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Majestic Chicago Theatre District, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
newtoca,

Wow! We could not ask for a better review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write it! I have passed your review along to my entire team and they were so thankful for your kind words. I am so glad that you were able to receive such fantastic service from Oscar. He is a great asset to our team. I will make sure to recognize him for the excellent service that he provided to you. From location to comfort to staff... it sounds like you had a wonderful trip and we are so glad that you did!

LONDON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Excellent location, walking distance to a lot of attractions. Rooms are big considering it is a downtown hotel, which was nice since it was for my husband, myself and our two teenagers. The breakfast,was a huge plus, even though it was very busy on the weekend. Hotel staff were very nice and helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Palmercase,

I wanted to say thanks for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us. Our team always strives to give the service our guests expect & deserve. It sounds like you truly enjoyed your experience with us and I am so glad to hear that you and your family were able to be comfortable in our spacious rooms!