“Nice field”

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Nice field”
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Had a lot of fun at this game. The atmosphere was great and there wasn't a bad seat throughout the field. Prices were pretty standard for MLB tickets. The food and beverages are priced standard as well.

Visited July 2013

• Korean first
Monroe, Connecticut
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“It was a dark and stormy day...”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Despite many trips to Chicago US Cellular Field is one place I'd never been. So...this year, on the return to college quick trip we finally got to the park.

Naturally, best laid plans and all that, it rained. And rained. And rained some more. Luck was with us, though, because even though the game meant nothing to the Sox it meant a lot to the Indians. Translation - the game would go on even if it meant waiting for hours. Which we did. In the rain.

That said, I liked US Cellular. It's easy to get to by car or transit. Sunday parking is 1/2 price. The fans (those that stuck around) were good and put up with the much louder Cleveland fans better than some cities I've been to.

Food - I like to check out ballpark food for whatever the specialty is (aka, a Dodger Dog in LA). I gotta admit, there is a lot of food there but I wasn't really sure what that would be here. OH, well. Maybe just a good old fashioned Chicago hot dog. Hmmm. Not that easy to find, either. After taking the prerequisite tour of the park I settled for a good old sausage/peppers/onions. Price was not horrible and it tasted good like most Chicago sausages do.

Maybe security keeps those in the upper deck from roaming on a normal day, but security and the ushers were really good about letting people come down to the expensive seats near the dugout throughout the game - the seats in front of us changed occupants several times over. Of course, the rain, the 4 1/2 hour delay and the low attendance had a lot to do with that. Still, Citi Field employees keep you away from anywhere "expensive" even if the section is EMPTY so it counts.

I'll go back again - I like Chicago fans, I like the park, and maybe next time it will be a year where the game means something to the Sox.

Visited September 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Too restrictive!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Visited Chicago for a week, great town. My wife and I enjoy going to different baseball parks. Went to a White Sox game and could not come down from upper deck. Wanted to tour the park, but was told not until the bottom of the 7th. Ticket checked going into team apparel store and again coming out with a quick search. Not very fan friendly White Sox! Worst experience at a major league ballpark by far and we've been to plenty. Will come back to Chicago, but won't go to another White Sox game.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank 3poodlesandacat
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“All American extravaganza!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Wow! Baseball is my new favourite sport! Entertainment from the moment you walk in to the moment you leave. Bud, weeners, popcorn and all the fun of the fair. I managed to stop myself from mentioning "rounders" so found the others in my row very informative and only too pleased to answer questions. Be prepared to join in singing, dancing, kiss-cam and all the general leaping about and you'll have an absolute blast! It's about 3 miles from downtown so you can either get a cab (which we found easy) or take the red line on the "L" - lots of others on the train so you won't get lost. You've got to give this All American experience a go - it's a hoot and very entertaining!

Visited August 2013
Selkirk, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Day at the Baseball”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I went to US Cellular Field to see the White Sox play the Orioles. The ballpark is extremely easy to reach via the subway’s ‘red line’ which runs directly past it. The stadium is modern, comfortable and has a huge variety of places to eat and drink. The game itself was a good one and an added bonus was seeing the Stanley Cup being brought out before the game. Without a doubt I will go back next time I visit Chicago.

Visited July 2013