“Gotta Take in a Game Here When You Are in Chicago!”

Guaranteed Rate Field
Book In Advance
More Info
$160.00*
and up
Chicago Helicopter Tour Nighttime Experience
Ranked #72 of 685 things to do in Chicago
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Granted, it doesn’t have the history and the baseball ghosts of old Comiskey Park, but I love the White Sox park. It’s clean, convenient to public transportation, easy to get around, family-friendly, and has lots and lots of women’s restrooms, so you never have to wait long in line. My favorite seats are the Premium Upper Deck boxes, right behind home plate…first few rows. The view of the whole field is awesome, AND you’re right near the Leinenkugel beer booth! Plus, the stand with the best brats in the park is also close…perfect to grab a brat on your way in! My only complaint is the overly-obnoxious enforcing of the rule that tickets for the upper deck don’t allow you access to the lower decks…but all in all, it’s a great place to see a ballgame!!

All reviews
in 13 reviews
"watch baseball"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Live in suburbs and we are White Sox Fans, but fans of Wrigleyville, used to live there for years. We have 2 kids (5 and 9) and we often visit our old stomping grounds in Wrigleyville to walk the neighborhood and have fun. We decided for nostalgia purpose, we'd go take the kids to Wrigley Field to a Cub game in August. Weather was beautiful, bought 4 tickets for list price (90 dollars each and paid for parking) -- ok so we're at $400.00 before walking in for the expense for this experiment. By the 3rd inning my experiment had a miserable ending. Didn't recognize hardly any players on the Cubs (and I'm a baseball nut), -- just Soriano and the Castro kid. After 3 innings and about $500.00 out of pocket my kids had enough -- most boring experience of their lives -- I apologized on our way out less than 1 hour into game. In reflecting, it was a bad idea -- way overpriced for the terrible product / team. No eye candy for the kids whatsoever -- no scoreboard with big screen videos, fun games for the fans to play on video, a multitude of scoreboards showing other important pennant chase games going on, speed pitch area to test out your best throw, funamentals childrens area with kids batting practice, run drills, instructors, in between inning T-Shirt throw and catch to fans, dance contests being judge by fans for promotional events and just tons of fun walking around main deck of park talking and hanging with other fans. -- not to mention new Bacardi at the Park sportsbar restaurant from the Gibsons Steak Chain. My kids felt like going from Disney world to a little league game -- problem being I pad over twice money to see the worst team in baseball with absolutely no entertainment value for the kids -- what was I thinking??? U.S. Cellular is the most entertaining baseball park I've ever been to -- and we've been to a lot of parks in traveling. I didn't mention the great food and the amazing fireworks shows -- I could go on and on -- deciding on what fan to be in Chicago based on ballparks go's 100% U.S. Cellular and White Sox -- unless you don't have kids and enjoy spending a lot of money to watch losing baseball. Saving the best for last, at U.S. Cellular there happens to be a Professional Baseball Team playing that is amongst the best in baseball / poised to play in October. And at Wrigley, -- well, you know the rest.

Looking forward to the Playoffs -- Go Sox!!!!

2  Thank larryglick1
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I love this ballpark, it's by far my favorite ballpark in baseball. I've been to several games at the Cell and always buy bleacher seats, it's a great view and heckling the opposing teams left fielder is fun. The Sox have by far the best food in sports in the city that has the best food in the world, that goes well together. The seating bowl is laid out well, the upper deck is a little steep but not as bad as people make it out to be, the outfield concourse is a cool place to hang out and watching the fireworks is a pretty nice sight.

I love walking the Bridgeport neighborhood before games, I get off the red line L and walk to Halsted Street and into Schaller's Pump, then back to the ballpark along 37th Street. Bridgeport is a wonderful neighborhood and my favorite neighborhood in Chicago.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Its not Wrigley Field and for a newer park it is a wreck. Upper deck sight lines are lousy and the staff can only be described as mean. I've been there lots of times and I've been in parks all over, East Coast to West, this is the worst.