“Great place to eat”
Review of Eleven City Diner

Eleven City Diner
Ranked #12 of 9,544 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Diner, Delicatessen
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Description: Old School Diner, Delicatessen serving Breakfast ALL DAY. Full Bar, home brew Root Beer and Local Beers on Tap, Antique Soda fountian serving up all the ice cream malts and milkshake creations. Serious Bloody Marys and Mimosas . Cakes & Desserts to-die-for. Stacked Corned Beef & Pastrami delicatessen sandwiches, LOX & Bagels, Matzo Ball soup is insanley amazing , Steak Burgers/REAL Turkey Burgers... Get in here !!!!
London, United Kingdom
“Great place to eat”
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

I had pancakes here Monday which were excellent I will be going back this week for breakfast again. I wish I could take the recipe back home to London. Highly recommended.

• Visited September 2013

Gatlinburg, Tennessee
“Amazing Brisket get the schwarzty”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

One of my favorite places to eat in Chicago. Everytime Im here I have to go back and eat here. I went here twice on my vacation and each time it didnt disappoint. I sat up at the counter and was greeted immediately. I had a bloody mary which was one of the best blood marys I have had . I didnt deter from my usual. I got the schwartz which is a brisket sandwhich and it was very tender and delicious. The aujois served on the side was great for dipping the sandwhich in. Deffinately will be returning on my next trip to chicago.

• Visited August 2013
“Great breakfast”
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We decided to eat here instead of our hotel breakfast one morning. It turned out to be the morning of the first Bears game, so we were fortunate to beat the crowd which was lined out the door 30 minutes after we arrived at 900. The decor is very 50s with memorabilia and candy jars. We were seated promptly. Service was good, but with the crowd, it took about 20 minutes to get our food. I was trying to make up for lots of weekend eating and had the oatmeal and challah toast. The oatmeal arrived topped to the rim piping hot with a few berries on top and raisins and brown sugar on the side. Very tasty. The Challah toast was equally good. My husband had the three egg special with potatoes, wheat toast,and added sausage. The eggs were fluffy. The potatoes seasoned well. The sausage was good, but I'm not much of a sausage fan. I toiled on the menu that a gluten- free chicken sausage is also available. With one cup of coffee, our bill totaled $27.

Visited September 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Absolutely wonderful beef brisket”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Had the best beef brisket I've ever had. Their beef brisket sandwich is to die for. Good portion size. They serve Junior's cheesecake from the famous New York City restaurant. This was heavenly. This is a restaurant that I would visit very frequently if I lived in Chicago.

Visited July 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Best corn beef ever”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

the corn beef and pastrami sandwiches were both excellant. Sandwiches were big enough for 2 people! wish I had found this place earlier in our trip.

Visited August 2013