We arrived a little early but we got one of our rooms right away and the other less than 2 hours later (still before normal check in time), and I believe the wait was only because we asked for two rooms in close proximity to eachother (got 1414 & 1416 - I prefer 1414, it felt slightly more spacious). Everything was just great, from the car service they use to the bath room products. And for a very reasonable price too.
We had to take our son to the ER while we were there and the guys at the door really made an effort getting us a cab quickly and making sure the driver knew where to take us.
Two minor hick-ups:
1. We asked for a crib, but never got one, but since the room had two large beds we never reminded them - our son would probably have ended up sleeping in our beds anyway.
2. I Got a call from front desk at 4.40 in the morning on the day of our departure, because apparently somone on the floor above (room 1515 irc) thought we were making too much noise. We weren't (we were sound asleep), and neither was anyone else in that section of the 14th floor. If they'd checked that first they wouldn't have had to call me and I would have gotten a much needed good night's rest before the flight home.
Nice interior, full wet bar (and a minibar), very good housekeeping. I actually liked not having a desk in the room - but then again I was on vacation.
WiFi included, might seem like a small thing, but I really cant stand it when hotels charge extra for an internet connection.
We had dinner and breakfast at the hotel restaurant (Primehouse) and enjoyed it - it is however a bit pricey. But, if you're travelling on a budget there's a Trader Joe's right across the street, a Whole Foods a few blocks northwest and another grocery store a few blocks southwest. There's even a McDonalds quite close.
Check out time was 2 pm, which meant we could keep our rooms until we left for the airport. Normally we have to ask for a late checkout or storage room for the bags at least, it was nice not to have to do that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An urban hub on the Magnificent Mile and one of Chicago's most celebrated boutique hotels, The James Chicago-Magnificent Mile is a sophisticated nod to Windy City culture. It continues to garner buzz and accolades through its casually sophisticated blend of warmly modern design, intuitive service and thoughtful touches such as complimentary Wi-Fi, early check-in and late check-out, local car service and triple-filtered water. Enjoy convenience at your fingertips with The James Hotels Mobile App and in-room tablet powered by KEYPR offering an intuitive way to discover our amenities and services. Experience The James as a culinary destination with signature restaurant, Primehouse - named #1 Steakhouse in Chicago, Primehouse Bar, a perfect spot to enjoy weekly happy hour specials or a full meal, and The Patio, a seasonal alfresco dining spot. Also featured at The James is The Gym, open 24-hours, The Spa by ASHA, 7,000 square feet of flexible meeting and event space, as well as seasonally rotating artwork from local and international artists. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The James Chicago-Magnificent Mile reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- James Chicago Hotel Chicago
- James Hotel Chicago
- Chicago James Hotel