The James Chicago-Magnificent Mile
$650
$519
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$399
  • Breakfast included
$433
  • Restaurant
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$330
$309
BestWestern.com
  • Pool
Kimpton Hotel Allegro(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$582
$749
  • Room Service
$1,300
  • Pool
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$330
$288
3,557 results
All reviewstrader joe's across the streetmedia roomloft suitegreat locationfiltered waterboutique hotelturn down servicebath productswet barmini barmichigan avenuestreet noisemagnificent milebed was very comfortableriver norththe windy citymag mile
Reviewed June 26, 2009

I loved The James Hotel. It was perfect. Upscale, cool vibe with out being pretentious. Experienced, and very pleasant staff. I loved the low key, humor these hard working representatives of the James Hotel displayed. On two occasions I heard sirens outside my window (fifth floor) but on the whole it was very quiet. Perfect down town location. Good wine selection in the bar. The bed was divine ! The bathroom beautifully designed, and very clean. Frankly I have no suggestions on how to improve the James. They had me at Hello!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 9, 2009

We stayed here when we flew in to celebrate our daughters - college graduation. Couldn't of been happier with our accomodations or the excellent service we received from all of the staff.

Rooms are very clean and comfortable - only wish that they had 2 queens in a double room rather than double beds as our daughter stayed with us.

Looking forward to our return next month in a king room to celebrate a milestone birthday.

Stayed: May 2009
Reviewed June 1, 2009

The staff at the James was unbelievably accommodating and friendly. They went above and beyond. I've stayed at many of the fine hotels in Chicago and the rooms here were much roomier and the decor was so hip and cool. Great for a getaway.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 26, 2009

By far, this was one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in - and it made celebrating an anniversary with my boyfriend such a memorable experience!

For starters, we called ahead to get suggestions for restaurants and bars in the area. The concierge couldn't have been more helpful and nice - and she obviously took note that it was our anniversary and informed guest services because when we arrived they said "happy anniversary!" and gave us a complimentary room upgrade.

The hotel is impressive - the lobby and bar are gorgeous and the studio room we stayed in was very trendy and well-kept. The maids did a great job of cleaning up the room and even at night when they came to turn down the sheets, they cleaned things up a bit again and replaced towels.

The location of the hotel is perfect! We parked our car and never once took it out of the lot or had to take a cab. You are literally on Rush Street and only a block away from Michigan Avenue. We walked to the Navy Pier, the John Hancock Tower and to various shops and restaurants with no problems at all.

Above and beyond everything, the customer service is great. Being a younger couple, my boyfriend and I have had experiences where we aren't always taken seriously as hotel guests. At The James, every employee made us feel extremely welcome and bent over backwards to make sure that we were having a good time. The concierge arranged all of our dinner reservations, and for one dinner, even arranged to have a car from the restaurant pick us up. Even though we were in town for only 2 nights, we genuinely felt like the hotel employees knew and recognized us after only a few conversations.

I would really look forward to going back to this hotel and would recommend it to anyone!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2009

Very impressed with Staff and Hotel. The only complaint is the street noise, as well the room was not very sound proof. I heard conversations in the hallway, and kids screaming. I was also close to the elevator, and could here the chimes. The elevator is also very slow, and you should expect to wait. I found the parking to be expensive at $50 per night. Anyways, I would stay again only if I was on a higher floor. I was in room 507.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo