“Hip hotel, great location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The James Chicago

The James Chicago
Ranked #44 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Chicago
“Hip hotel, great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

Friendly staff who were knowledgable about the area. Great big rooms with very hip, modern vibe. Awesome products and nice extras like fluffy robes and turn down service. Great area of the city. Excellent concierge.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

TheJamesChiGM, General Manager at The James Chicago, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Tonya S,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay with us at The James Chicago. I am honored to hear that you enjoyed your visit, thanks to our turndown service and robes in the rooms. Most of all, I appreciate your compliments of our friendly team and that their outstanding service attributed to making your visit memorable. Thank you again for writing and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!

Stephen Blackford

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

We loved our stay at The James Chicago! Laurelin made our stay so comfortable. She made sure out little one was entertained with several choices of movies to watch in our in-room movie theater. She called us upon check-in to make sure we were ok. We would definitely stay again at The James because of the great service there.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TheJamesChiGM, General Manager at The James Chicago, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear sfgogreen,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay with us at The James Chicago. I am delighted to hear that it was the service provided by our team, most notably Laurelin, that made your visit a great one. Most of all, I am glad that your first stay will not be your last and look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit the city!

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

We found the James Hotel and stayed there on a Saturday night in March. Two blocks from
Michigan avenue - a great bargain for a little suite. Quiet, friendly service and valet, and a knowledgeable concierge. Fully stocked bar was tempting, but we resisted. Trader Joe's right across the street! Perfect! Only drawback: no in room coffee (other than instant) and room service pot was prompt but not very tasty.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Moximillion
Dear Moximillion,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay with us at The James Chicago. I am honored to hear that you enjoyed your visit, thanks to the great service provided by our entire team. I apologize for the inconvenience with the coffee in the room; we also do serve complimentary coffee in our lobby in the morning for our guests as well. I am glad that despite this, you had a wonderful time and I sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

From the time you walk to the front of the hotel where the doorman greets you, to the front desk staff, to the bell person to the housekeepers....you will feel welcome and cared for! The late checkout time is a great plus to enjoy the city even longer. The hotel is close to food, night life and shopping but away from all of the craziness.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Jetsonboy,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay with us at The James Chicago. I appreciate your generous compliments of our late check out and location, but most of all, I am delighted that it was the service provided by our entire team that made your visit memorable. Thank you again for writing and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

My stay at The James hotel was absolutely perfect. The bed was comfy, the room was spacious and clean, and to top it off the service was beyond amazing. There was always someone around to help and genuinely willing to assist. From the time I arrived to the time I left I didn't have to ask for any help or search for assistance. The employees seemed to always know what I needed and offered to help before I could even think about asking whether it was holding my bags, taking my bags to my room while I head to the restaurant, offering a bottle water out the door, getting a taxi within seconds... I've never experienced such a smooth and peaceful stay anywhere else in so long. I'll definitely stay at The James Hotel next time I head to Chicago!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TheJamesChiGM, General Manager at The James Chicago, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear BBanker101,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay with us at The James Chicago. I am honored to hear that your entire visit was perfection, which was largely attributed to the amazing service provided by our entire team. Most of all, I am humbled that your first visit will not be your last, and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you visit Chicago!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

Everything was wonderful from the time I checked in to the time I left. The bed was comfy, everything was very high end and modern, I loved the decor, and the staff was excellent. I also appreciated the push to be eco-friendly, and the minibar was great!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Allison S,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay with us at The James Chicago. I am honored to hear that your entire visit was enjoyable, and that you appreciated the environmentally friendly features in your room. Most of all, I appreciate your generous compliments of our team and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The James again soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

We were in Chicago for a weekend of sightseeing. The room was the standard king and it was roomy for two and the bed was very comfortable.
The room was very clean and the white towels and linens spotless.
Our fifth floor room faced Ontario St so there was some street noise but a minor trade off for such a central location. We were able to walk to all the sights and there were many nearby restaurants at all price levels.

The first evening we were a walk in after a long drive from NYC. So we dined at Primehouse and the dinner really made us feel like our vacation had begun. Fantastic steaks!
Our waiter was knowledgeable and friendly. We especially enjoyed the Caesar salad being made at the table and it was delicious.

We also had breakfast here twice. Both times the meals were rich and wonderful.
Great job with the eggs. Coffee was very good too.

Cannot say enough nice things about the staff. Concierge Laurelin made a dinner reservation and recommended a tour; both were exactly what we were looking for. Thank you!

We will be back and would recommend the James to our friends and families.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Stephen D,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay with us at The James Chicago. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our comfortable rooms, central location, and the delicious steak featured at David Burke's Primehouse. Most of all, thank you for your compliments of our team; I am honored that their excellent service made your visit a memorable one. I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travel plans return you to Chicago!