The James Chicago-Magnificent Mile
$282
  • Restaurant
Chicago South Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$217
$179
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$643
$675
$550
The Peninsula
  • Pool
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$299
BestWestern.com
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$260
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$361
$340
Cancelon
  • Room Service
3,561 results
All reviewstrader joe's across the streetmedia roomloft suitegreat locationfiltered waterboutique hotelturn down servicebath productswet barmini barmichigan avenuestreet noisemagnificent milebed was very comfortableriver norththe windy citymag mile
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at the James for one night on a SniqueAway deal. The hotel design is lovely, and rooms are cleverly decorated and laid out to maximize the small space. I like the extra environmental touches such as refreshable filtered water in glass bottles and refillable Intelligent Nutrients shower toiletries. On the downside, I found the bed a bit saggy, and the bedding and towels less than luxurious. Also, the sound insulation is lacking, as others have noted. Staff were friendly and helpful, and I did appreciate the unusually generous 2pm checkout time. Certainly a contender, but for a similar boutique-y vibe, I have a slight preference for MileNorth.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank SandraInMadison
TheJamesChiGM, General Manager at The James Chicago-Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear SandraInMadison,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay at The James Chicago. I am pleased to hear that our friendly staff and environmental-friendly amenities made your stay enjoyable. I am disappointed to hear about the condition of the bed and towels: this certainly is not the high standard that we expect, and I apologize for any inconvenience. I am glad that, despite this set-back, you had an enjoyable experience, although I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again and provide you with the luxury liberated experience you deserve. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have stayed at this property many times over the last several years and alway find a new way to appreciate The James.
The hotel is located in a great proximity, one block east of shopping on North Michagan Ave., close to good restaurants, Lake Michigan beaches, and many of Chicago's major attractions. The rooms are spacious, clean, modernly furnished and equiped with everything one would expect to find in a fine hotel. Staff goes out of their way to be helpful and informative. Their restaurant, David Burke's Prime House, is on premise and an outstanding steak house. Bar is small and intimate.
The James is a class operation that will not disappoint you!!!

Room Tip: Rooms that face Ontario Street can be noisy at night.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear jacy2,

Thank you for taking the time to share your about your time with us at The James Chicago. We are humbled by your wonderful compliments of our helpful staff, and are glad that you enjoyed David Burke's Primehouse and our lobby bar during your stay. We are glad that this, as well as our convenient location, attributed to a great stay with us. We appreciate your loyalty and hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

great location...around a block off of michigan and right in the middle of everything. everyone working at the James are very friendly and helpful especially the bell staff and door people. rooms are unique...very comfortable beds and great amenities in bathroom. will definitely stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear jdteeth,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at The James Chicago. We appreciate your kind words about our bell and door men and that they made your experience a great one. Most of all, we are truly humbled that you plan to visit us again. Thank you for your review, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I live about an hour away from the wonderful city of Chicago so sometimes taking my wife on a special date requires a stay overnight. I've always drove by this hotel and decided to give it a chance. Not only I found a very hype and modern atmosphere at the lobby, the staff its incredible friendly. Room are a little small for my taste but the way they are decorated makes for it (clean, modern and with great views of the city). The location its definitely prime, since its just one block from Michigan Ave and the magnificent mile. Around it you can find hundreds of good restaurants and prime shopping. But if you decide to stay in the hotel, don't miss on David's Burke Primehouse. Their stakes are out of this world.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear atribin,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at The James Chicago. We are glad that after seeing us, you decided to stay and are glad that our staff and modern feel attributed to a great experience. Thank you for your wonderful compliments of the delicious steaks at David Burke's Primehouse and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

There is nothing more disappointing than reading great reviews about a hotel and having your hopes dashed when you actually stay there. This was NOT the case at the James Hotel. From the moment we arrived and received a great welcome from the bellman and front desk attendant, we had a terrific experience. The location is phenomenal, just one block off Michigan Avenue, encouraging us to walk everywhere even in the bitter cold of winter. The room was 'comfy' as my wife called it and the beds were clean. My only complaint is there was no lighting on the TV side of the room, but otherwise the room was contemporary and up-to-date. My wife and I definitely plan on staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank scottdean

Dear scottdean,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your first visit to The James Chicago. I am pleased to hear that our fantastic team made an immediate great impression and that you and your wife found our rooms very comfortable. Most of all, I am honored that you plan to stay with us again. Thank you again for staying and we look forward to your next visit!