“Go for the music not for the food”

House of Blues Chicago
Ranked #7 of 566 Nightlife in Chicago
Reviewed September 14, 2013

The blues musician that played during our dinner was very good, enjoyed listening to the music. The food - I've had much better. Would go there again just to hear performers but not to eat

There are newer reviews for House of Blues Chicago

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I've been to the House of Blues several times. I have ate there twice, once for lunch and once fore dinner. The last time I was there, I had a late lunch with a friend of mine before a concert in the upstairs venue. We had lunch and a cocktail so that we could get the pass the line perk. Lunch was delicious and the cocktails were good. We also partook of drinks in the foundation room before and after the show since a friend of my friend's had access to the foundation room. It was a lot of fun and I am definitely looking forward to going back again.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Always a great time here. Love that you are so close to the show, almost like you are on stage with the groups!!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Mixed feelings about this place to be honest. My experience was not great but I do take some responsbility for not asking more quesitons. Then again, I dont think information was all that forthcoming from the unhelpful box office.

On my recent trip to Chicago, stopped in to buy tickets for an evening performance. Went straight to the box office to buy tickets, seemingly to the surprise of the lady working there who didnt really seem to know what to do when customers were at her window. I am a complete novice to the house of blues, so not knowing the performance was also in the the restaurant, I also made dinner reservations a couple of hours prior to the 9:30ish performance to which we were ticketed (the reservation being taken by the same person selling us the tickets). As we were finished dinner quite over an hour to the performance, we left the venue for about an hour. Only when we returned did we learn the performance to which we bought tickets was also in the restaurant that we had just eaten at an hour before. Despite just dropping a $100 on dinner, our tickets now only allowed us to stand by the bar until general seating was called and as tables became available which never occured as far as we know. Had we known this, we simply would have made dinner reservations later and enjoyed the show with no need for tickets AND we would have gotten to sit down with no need for tickets. Live and learn.

Food was very good though. Just forget buying tickets, go for dinner and STAY AT YOUR TABLE whatever you do!

2  Thank fellowtraveller060
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Really fast (90 min) but worth the 40 bucks.
Enough variety and quantity of food if you are clever enough to pile up before the show actually starts.
Singers are OK and will create a nice atmosphere.

1  Thank albertorod