“Elegant, Comfortable and the best view of the downtown”

and 1 more site!
Corporate Suites Network at Presidential Towers
Ranked #147 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed June 22, 2010

I had been to Chicago on a business visit and the company had booked me into Presidential towers. The hotel looks very imposing and is in bang in the centre of the downtown.
I was allotted a room on the 27th floor which had an awesome view of the I90/I94 expressway. It was a studio apartment and I should say it was very comfortable and had all amenities in place for my stay. Had a living room with a TV. The kitchen with a microwave,dishwasher and a cooking range was sufficient for me to cook myself for the entire tour.

Apart from this they also have a supermarket as well as lot of shops in the basement. They have a wonderful Thai restaurant which I always used to hit in the weekends.

The service was really good and the entire studio is cleaned on a daily basis. They also had a pay per use washing facility in the basement. The only cause of concern for me was the security as I could not bring in guests without them going through a lot of security checks and me coming down and accompanying them. But otherwise the facility is top class, the view of the downtown is awesome and it also has good access to all the parts of the city.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank travelarounddaworld

Reviewed May 24, 2010

We stayed here for one night. We arrived around noon, and while our reservation said check-in was at 5pm, our room was available already.

We were on the 35th floor, facing west. It was a great view! Everything was clean and the television and cable worked just fine. We couldn't have been happier and hope we can stay here the next time we're in town!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2009

I decided to try this facility for an overnight with my daugther via Amtrak. The location was wonderful for Union Station access and I had called the day before to make sure we could leave our luggage before check in. Problems I had read about had to do with it being mainly for long term business travel rather than short term/overnight, and there was a
different area for short term check in that was hard to find. That wasn't the case here. The doorman was gracious and led us to the desk at 12:30 pm, where we found a clock style sign saying Back at 12:30 pm. Not a problem until 12:30 turned into 12:45 and 1:00. The doorman even came back to see if we were taken care of and called on his walkie talkie to get help. I called the number on our reservation and heard the phone behind the counter ring. I got a message she was busy with another call or customer, leave a message. I called again, tried for corporate, and Yvette was on another line with a customer or away from her desk. Leave a message. I did. I got on the elevator next to the check in area to see if I could find someone on another floor and found a security area that you go through to access the Towers. After a few minutes here, they couldn't help me, they were security for tenants only. I tried Yvette in corporate again and got an answer. She apologized and said she would look into getting someone to help us. Finally, a young man showed up and was able to see that our room wasn't ready, but yes we could leave our luggage...
We came back to check in around 6 and the desk was staffed by a young lady who found my Orbitz reservation quickly and promptly asked me how I wanted to pay for the room, $15.00 dollars less than what I had already paid. Now everyone else in the world knows you don't get a reservation through Orbitz or Travelocity or any other site without payment in full, but not our girl. Even with my print out (thank goodness I brought it with) that listed the reservation number, hotel name, date, YOUR CREDIT CARD HAS BEEN CHARGED, nope, I had to fix this. We were given a pass to the business center, up on that next floor, through security, were I was going to, hopefully, get to corporate and Yvette. Didn't come close. All the computers were taken and by the facebook pages showing, weren't going to be available any time soon. We went back to the desk and I told our young lady "I have all the proof I needed that I paid - get me a supervisor". Believe it or not, it was after 5 and everyone else had gone home, she'd have to call someone at their home! I raised an eyebrow and said nothing. Said supervisor, when given all the info, said fine, get a credit card for incidentals and I'll check on things in the morining. I also mentioned that she could speak to Yvette whom I had left another message for, and I still haven't heard from 5 days later...
The suite and view of the city, once we got there, after a mile walk, was beautiful. Nice sized living and dining space, the kitchen was well stocked for a stay with dishes and glassware, etc. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom clean. There was a vcr and dvd player as well as a computer hookup.
Now if they could get everything leading up to the room in order ...

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2009

I would not recommend the Habitat Suites for many reasons, but the first and foremost is that their service is terrible. I did not get internet until the second day of my stay and then it went out again because the phone went dead. Promises were not kept and voice mails were not returned. The bed was extremely soft and the springs were dead. Even though I was on a higher floor, I could clearly hear street noise at all hours (especially sirens). A light bulb was out in the bathroom and a burner on the stove was out. The room had a pretty good view from four large windows which had shades, but needed curtains to block out light at night. The televion remote worked about 10% of the time, so surfing was out of the question. At least the room was clean and I had a fully stocked kitchen.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank gabby021
HabitatCorpSuites, Manager(Ast. Director of Operations) at Corporate Suites Network at Presidential Towers, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2009

Here at Habitat Corporate Suites we understand the importance of excellent customer service. The problems you experienced were not typical to a stay in one of our suites. We do apologize for any inconveniences during your stay. If you do choose to stay with us again internet can be requested and installed prior to arrival. We also have several other buildings for your convenience in the downtown area. I understand the importance of the first impression, but we hope you will give Habitat Corporate Suites another chance the next time your in Chicago.

Reviewed October 15, 2009

bad management.... i am not talking about the house maids they service was good but the high level management are mean....they try to charge for everything...

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business

We apologize if you found our staff to be "mean". Customer Service is a priority for all employees of Habitat Corporate Suites. It is necessary to charge for damages to the suite outside of normal wear during your stay. I am aware it can be an unpleasant experience receiving additional charges, but it is unavoidable in some instances. I assure that if we do charge it is strictly at cost with no mark up. Also if you feel you were unjustly charged in any way feel free to contact us to discuss. 1-800-833-0331

Reviewed July 19, 2009

I was in Chicago for a conference and research at the University of Chicago, and, of course, found time to see some of the sights with my husband. We wanted more room and comfort than the average budget hotel for our 5-day stay, and we certainly got it -- and at a budget price! We were walking distance to Union Station, and on several major bus routes. The room was only technically a studio, as the bedroom was separated from the living room by a 3/4-wall. The kitchen was well-stocked with the basic utensils, but remember to pick up some salt and pepper and napkins in the grocery store on the ground floor. The building also houses a McDonald's and a Thai restaurant (mediocre at best, but handy). Our only minor quibble was that they cleaned the room the day before we left, without notice.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Dr_QBatonRouge
Reviewed May 10, 2009

Melting pot of mostly ethnic corporate travellers and low socio-demographic profiles as the Presidential Towers complex also houses what they refer to in US, section 8, housing for low income households. Not that this was of concern but making note of the diverse array of people this complex provides housing for.
Bland and basic standard fare for corporate stay. Furnishings pretty ordinary but practical. Security a bit over the top but assuring. Beware having packages delivered. Packages addressed correctly rendered me deceased and sent elsewhere. Lost luggage delivered to the complex by the airline was like an Easter egg hunt til found it was sent to the valet that closes Saturday 3pm and does not re-open until Monday 7:30am. No-one has access on Sundays according to Tower management which I still find difficult to swallow. I recommend Habitat as a starting point but next visit would prefer to not stay downtown, although this has come with familiarising myself with Chicago and inner neighbourhoods over the two months I have been here.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business